Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someones criticism of an anime is that "the sign gags aren't realistic enough!"

it's not about the concept of time travel or what magical technique they use to do it, I'm fine with that. It's about time paradoxes that make no sense being integral to the plot. It was my main criticism of Arrival

Someones criticism of a kino is that "nothing happened"

so what you are saying is that you are so stupid that you don't any sort of suspension of disbelief

What didn't make sense to you about Arrival? Bearing in mind that "impossible" or "paradox" isn't the same thing as not making sense.
I thought Arrival was decent, not great, I'm just curious as what there was to be confused about.

its a valid form of criticism

dragon ball did it right, why can't your supposed KINO movies do it?

Other movies:
Butterfly Effect did it right. Looper did it right. Groundhog Day did it right. Interstellar did the time bit right, but the love shit was fucking retarded. Can't remember more from the tip of my dick.

isn't that why eric stolz turned down Back to the Future..?

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

>Someone says Blade Runner 2049 is meant to unnecessarily drag on and be boring

>needs to know the language to prevent the war
>is able to flash forward to a point in the future where the war had already been prevented and use knowledge gleaned there to prevent the war

this is probably what hes talking about.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

>Butterfly Effect
nope.
>Looper
nope.
>Interstellar
doesn't count as time travel, just magic

ALWAYS

>pleb
she always knew sign language if you perceive time the way the aliens do.

Threadly reminder that we've solved what Sneed means so stop posting.

>Character points out something they think is a plothole
>It's really just asking "Why didn't the character realize doing X would lead to Y?"

Irrelevant. But I've long since tired of talking about this stupid movie.

That's not irrelevant, that is literally the plot of the movie. Do you think it was just a stylistic choice to release information about her past as it was done?

Any sort of time travel that isn't confirmed relativistic movement isn't realistic.

>Interstellar
>doesn't count as time travel, just magic

retard

>lol dude you can float around and do whatever you want and change everything and there aren't any greater consequences and you don't actually die in black holes dude lmao they're just like where we live and stuff now go home dude and just like hang out again hahahahaha!
i think you are the retard

>>Interstellar
>>doesn't count as time travel, just magic
>retard
I'd say the ending opens them up to that criticism pretty fairly.

>a character should leave a godly character whose going on a killing rampage and flattened a city alive because muh heroes dont kill.
>same character gets blamed for the killing rampage.

>film about a hunt for a secret treasure
>"it's not realistic" 4/10

Would a better criticism be "time travel is always a retarded self defeating paradox, that's why it does not and will never exist in the real world?

this

I love when that shit happens

the best part is when somebody is criticizing game of thrones for not being "realistic". Yes, dragons, resurrections, ice zombies are sooo realistic. Christ.

>literally not understanding the movie

i'm never sure if this is bait or not, but in just case you're actually a moron:
it's not so much about the realism of fantastical elements as it is continuity and adherence to previously established rules within the universe

>It's realistic for a man to come back to life
>it's unrealistic for a man to run fast

like I said, it's pathetic. You nerds are pathetic.

>learn a new language
>BRO I CAN SEE THE FUTURE NOW MY BRAIN IS REWIRED LMAO
>makes sense
Sure buddy. Easily the lamest movie I've seen get fellated by so many critics. Certain aspects were well done in the movie though.

Looper's goofy BttF rules were just stupid, and I don't remember if it was even consistently applied but I'm not going to suffer through watching it again to find out

i remember when trolling used to mean something, go back to your trump threads. saged and hidden

>thinks i'm trolling
No I'm not. Arrival is trash. Additionally the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis has been discredited. I'm getting PTSD flashes of intense fury thinking back to the "twist" this movie delivers.

Seems like you dislike the premise rather than it not making sense to you.

Learn to memetext newman!

>Butterfly Effect did it right
That movie doesn't even bother to follow its own rules it spends an hour establishing.

That's not the joke there's no way Fox would allow something that dirty in The Simpsons he's just trolling you.

>aliens don't see time linearly
Probably what offends me the most. A species existing in the same realm as us and confined by the same laws of reality experience time in a way only possible by viewing the universe from outside its bubble. BUT THERE'S MORE. It's merely possible to do so because of the language they've developed. Like if us humans reached the point where we evolved our own languages, eventually humans could see the past, present and future simultaneously as well by this film's logic. Maximum idiocy.

>aliens make little to no effort to prep humans so they can more quickly learn the language (inb4 they already knew linguistics lady would solve the issue). If these fuckers can already see everything that'll happen I would think many issues between communication should have been easier to resolve than what the movie showed transpiring. I liked the movie's take on encountering another species and what that would realistically entail... anthropology applied to interstellar aliens is interesting. But the rest of the story is lame and cheap.

underrated feed

I love how this is formatted like those 'real' conspiracy infographs

I'm so glad you have all of the rules and intricacies of the universe figured out, user. There's nothing left to discover

Ok fine. I'm making assumptions about how reality works. Part of my criticism is based on the movie's logic. Do you think it's feasible human's could view time (past, present & future) simultaneously by simply learning to communicate differently? Does that sound achievable or even realistic?

Not entirely. It was mainly the alien part of the post that irked me. I just don't like making concrete statements on existence when we've barely scratched the surface with understanding it.

Sure seems like it made sense to you.

But yeah, I agree that the aliens' lack of foresight and initiative (after landing) is pretty hard to swallow, given the premise. But I also didn't expect anything in terms of scientific realism from the moment that giant vessels magically hovered in midair, so the premise of the language-time thing itself didn't bother me.

If you read at all and are up for something with a similar beginning in terms of setup (multiple parties simultaneously making contact with their own strange capsule of aliums, though in this case it's too small to physically contain them), but goes in a way different and much more believable direction with it, I'd recommend Existence by David Brin. It gets a little sidetracked with a sort of cyberpunky B story that's not bad but not all that relevant, but it's still a great book.

Doesn't make sense. Still a mystery.