Do they ever go into much detail into how the rest of the universe feels about Cybertronians...

Do they ever go into much detail into how the rest of the universe feels about Cybertronians? There are a few throwaway lines in the IDW comics I've read so far about how aliens steer clear due to the war but nothing of much substance.

Quintessons don't like them

They're pretty hated by the rest of the universe in the new comics

Considering a good number of the named cybertronians have been alive longer than some planets, I doubt they give a fuck. Think about that, there are stellar bodies, that are younger than Bumblebee.

>Optimus Prime had already reached over into a pile of slag that was his best friend's face for the millionth time before mankind entered the neolithic era

Pretty mind boggling isn't it? In Fall of Cybertron, Optimus says that the cybertronian civil war has been going on for eons, plural. Their civil war has lasted, at minimum, two million years. They have been at war for longer than we have existed as a species.

>Do they ever go into much detail into how the rest of the universe feels about Cybertronians?
Considering all they do is fight each other, the universe at large probably sees them as those dirty metal niggers from a backwater third world planet, like space middle east, but even worse.

>backwater third world planet

They have colonies, and by all accounts, the most advanced tech in their setting.

So it's like "we wuz kangs" if they wuz actually kangz?

IDW has them as galactic pariahs, shunned by the rest of the universe.

No other continuity ever really goes into it.

Well, there's also Beast Wars Uprising, where not only does the rest of the universe hate them, they also joined together and created a Federation to ensure that they can never leave Cybertron again.

About half of them want to conquer the universe and all of them are literally built for war. I don't blame them in the slightest.

This kind of going on a tangent to the topic but considering the amount of carnage that happens in the Bayformers movies. When the giant robots show up and literally level cities in their battles while humans are like insects to them. It is little wonder why the Transformers race as a whole would be hate through out the galaxy.

Cybertronians are a giant, super advanced, mechanical race fighting their bloody civil war longer than most civilizations even exist. Thanks to their tranformative abilites they literally are their own transport and/or weaponry. Many of them go even further and have unique abilities similar to what humans call superpowers, like telepathy, teleportation, pyrokinteics, magnetism, mass shifting. Some of them combine to make ludicrously powerful bigger robots. Some naturally are the size of a city. Others are as small as bugs. They are powerful, hard to kill and hardened in combat, making them probably the most dangerous race in the entire galaxy. And half of them aim to eradicate or conquer all life they encounter.

I guess fear mixed with distrust is a natural reaction.

Even the council got tired of their war, and most of the advanced species tend to look at them as savages.

That's actually really well put. I wish IDW would do a run where the Decepticons and Autobots have to work together to stop Space Nato from fucking them up

The moment humanity makes it to the galactic stage I'd love to see the federations reaction

Also in FoC Dinosaurs are still alive on earth and since those games are connected to the Prime Cartoon that's at least another 65 million years to the War

"WE WAS PRIMES AND SHIET"

Ayo hol up *takes swig of cheap synth-en* iz you sayin we wuz primes n sheit?

The Tranformers getting evicted from Earth becasue we are tired of there shit has been done so much as a storyline its basically there version of Robin's dying.

I want to see what happens if the humans in IDW connect with other alien life forms instead to be patronized by cybertronians when they reach a galactic level

>A part of the south hemisphere was literally blow out

in one of the gi joe crossovers, the one in wwii i think, roadblock has a good little line about how "they must fight wars different than we do." that line always stuck with me.

Logically once the realized that small numbers of humans with pathetically inferior technology have disabled and destroyed cybertonians on multiple occasions they would be courted as heroes. Cobra Commander would get mad space pussy whenever he told people about that time he made starscream his bitch and tore out his chest.

I think I remember it being said that the Galactic Council was formed in response to Thunderwing flying half way across the galaxy, annihilating a major space faring races homeplanet, then flying back to Cybertron in the span of... 2 days?

I was something ridiculous.

And someone noted that while a few Cybertronian scientist can still bust out shit that anyone else would consider miraculous, on average the rest of the galaxy is more advanced in an everyday tech kind of way, including handheld and basic ship weapons.

IDW doesn't go too deep into it, but the reactions provided are:

1) Ignorance, typically from races that don't have space-faring technology. These are the ones most likely to get their shit fucked up in the war, particularly by the Decepticons alone (as mentioned in Infiltration).
2) Fear/hatred, by those whose planets were ravaged by the war. The Galactic Council in particular has blacklisted Cybertronians as a whole from them, and was also formed as a result of a similar war between the Stentarians, and thus has a more biological race preference.
3) Indifference, probably the reaction solely from the Stentarians at least until Shockwave got the Ammonites on to help him.

Could be interesting if the Galactic Council goes after Cybertron, particularly after it was damaged by the not-quite-undead Titans, but so far they've merely taken a pot shot at the Lost Light crew for saving some biological people from the Rock Lords(?).

The colonies seem to have been lost, either from the exodus of the Thirteen Tribes, or from losing them in the time after Nova Prime got sucked into the Dead Universe.

By the time the Cybertronian Civil War, the NAILs were leaving the Cybertronian system completely, rather than parking on Luna 2 or within whatever other planets existed in Cybertron's solar system (if any). In the Functionist universe, after losing a war with the Black Block/Box Consortium, the only non-Cybertronian asset mentioned to be lost was Luna 2, further supported by the mass recall of the space-capable Cybertronians.

No, the Galactic Council was formed from the Stentorian civil war between the Ammonites and Terradores, which began 4 million years before Cybertron's.

The Transformers themselves were blacklisted as a result of the war, however.

Thunderwing devastated Nebulos, but that was just one in a long line of atrocities caused by the war (particularly Decepticons).

Huh, I remembered that completely wrong. Could have sworn there was some major galactic fallout from that.

Sort of, transformers are see as being in a civil war. They might be racist like you're saying. It's less middle east though as the transformers often take and invade whatever they need. Even the autobots just set up colonies on whatever planet they wantt. The rest of the universe is largely afraid of them and avoid them. Other aliens want little to do with transformers and only mercenary types work with the the transformers.

I like how BWU does it, because it takes the fact that 1) Cybertronian tech is pretty much stagnant for millions of years until they encounter humans, at which point all kinds of crazy new innovations start happening and 2) their wars tend to be ridiculously environmentally destructive, and takes that to a logical conclusion of "humans become hyper-advanced and smack Cybertron the fuck down".

You may be thinking of BWU which what is talking about.

The Wiki says that the Scouring of Nebulous is what drove humanity to contain the Transformers to a specified zone of habitation and no farther.

Or it may have cause an existing zone of habitation to be reduced in size.

Far as I understand, Nebulous is mostly a footnote in IDW G1-verse. Scorponok went there and developed Headmaster technology, Ultra Magnus chased him out of there, some Decepticons began their infiltration protocols, then Thunderwing showed up, destroyed a bunch of it, and then left. The Decepticons there either died or ran from the planet, and that was the last it was mentioned, I think.

Aren't they smaller in BW because of energy consumption?

Yep. I think (in Uprising, at least) it's implicitly because they were confined to Pretty Much Just Cybertron, so they couldn't get other energy sources, but I might have made that up.

No, you got it.

Of course, the Bots and Cons stayed big. But all they do is watch.