Things that annoy you otherwise good shows

The children in Bob's Burgers, in particular, Gene. He's written as like a bunch of adult's idea of a rambunctious kid, coming across as annoying. The kind of character made to sell T-shirts. Especially in the earlier seasons.

Louise, while one of the best written, comes across as a watered down Cartman.

Also while I'm at it, Linda kind of gets on my tits. She's suffering from the "Peggy Hill" effect. The episode where she got Gene baseball lessons was when she was at her worst

The baseball ep was pretty terrible, but linda as a character doesnt necessarily have that effect on all episodes.
The episode about her birthday for example was gold for me.

The gene part is pretty spot on.

Linda isn't all bad all the time. She's just kind of getting there.

But I agree, the birthday episode was one of the best. Especially the "BM in the PM" song at the end.

This little fucker refuses to ask high level questions when presented with new evidence.

I mean come on, he always talks about how hes interested in the gem culture, but when something new implies some big reveal, he shrugs it off for 5-9 episodes.

Also I get the feeling that reality wont ever hit this show and that it'll end with the "peace and love conquers all" trope.

>Louise, while one of the best written, comes across as a watered down Cartman.
desu, I've never once thought of Cartman when seeing Louise.

>Urgency?
>In MY Steven Universe?

I want to throw Gene off a bridge. He's so annoying, and he's such a fuck-up. They even have an episode that pretty much says that

He's just "sitcom dad"; fat, lazy, and stupid while none of the other characters are that hackneyed. He was tiresome as soon as he appeared.

Well Tina is very realistic, I knew girls like that in school.

Gene is decent when in his element, namely writing musicals and pageantry (see "Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl!"). He just sucks in the constant rotation though, I wish he was a goofy cousin they only needed to show when they have something for him to do.

Neither, but I can see what he's getting at now that I've been confronted with the comparison

DESU he tried to ask about a fucking Gazebo in the most recent bomb and was met with screaming, crying, and everyone who knew anything telling him to fuck off.

He's reaching his limit though and is actually shown getting frustrated with the Gems bullshitting him.

I really don't get why Garnet didn't just level with him.

>Blue diamond is at that place and if you go she's gonna take your dad because big women can't resist his monster cock. Just hunker down for a bit and deal with a little bit more crying than usual and she'll go away on her own.

bada bing, bada boom. Problem solved.

Gene's existence will be forever justified by that episode where he acted like be Bob though

Which is why this show tends to drag ass and never seems to really get anywhere.

Probably the worst character on a high quality show in history.

>I FARTED AND IT SMELLS LIKE HOT DOGS LOL

The walking embodiment of everything I hate about comedy in a show that otherwise appeals perfectly to my sense of humor.

I know everyone will probably disagree, but I'm just going to say it: Bob's Burgers is probably the best animated show on television right now. You've got to admit that for a show that's been on since 2011, its stayed pretty consistent.

>I really don't get why Garnet didn't just level with him.

She panicked. It was written all over her face. It was prolly one of those moments where Ruby was all "DOOD JUST FUCKING TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO KNOW" and Sapphire being more "Nah that will just make him want to go more". And while having this conflict Pearl is just over there losing her god damn mind, and then she tried to put out THAT fire and just starts another with Steven.

Them going was prolly the most probable future. So at that point it was more or less just damage control.

>Bob's Burgers is probably the best animated show on television right now. You've got to admit that for a show that's been on since 2011, its stayed pretty consistent.

Bob's Burgers uses a type of rigging and drawing substitution that makes you able to animate 2d drawings without actually drawing. Yet it doesn't look as much like paper puppet garbage as say, something produced with Flash.

It still looks good, and they pull it off better than most other shows that do it, but I wouldn't go singing it's praises.

Like why the fuck doesn't he care about the shit that's in Lion's mane? He didn't care that there was a bubbled gem just floating there until he accidentally bumped into it. He's not gonna try to open the chest until some arbitrary point in the future. He's just using it as a storage shed.

I enjoyed this exchange:

Yeah? Well our Super Bowl commercial is bigger!
>Is it my Super Bowel?
Bigger!
>Impossible!

I don`t necessarily like Gene but the dynamic with the rest of the family is hilarious and I wouldn't want him gone. And I love Linda, she's probably the one who makes me laugh the most after Louise

None of them are realistic kids

>Like why the fuck doesn't he care about the shit that's in Lion's mane?

Yeah he didn't immediately start taking stuff out of Lion as soon as he realized his mane was a pocket dimension or anything.

>He didn't care that there was a bubbled gem just floating there until he accidentally bumped into it.

There are literally hundreds of bubbled gems in thats essentially his basement. Finding another wouldn't be particularly weird.

>He's not gonna try to open the chest until some arbitrary point in the future.
It has a lock on it, so it's most likely locked. I also can't see Steven wanting to bust up one of the few possessions he's inherited from his Mother. It's also doubtful the gems know where the key is, since they didn't know about anything else that was stored in Lion.