Will there ever be a list of Batman's villains on a mass consumption website for the general public where Joker isn't...

Will there ever be a list of Batman's villains on a mass consumption website for the general public where Joker isn't ranked as number 1?

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/2069017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obviously not, but why do you care about that? Wanting some mainstream Batman media to not be about the Joker is understandable, but clickbait articles?

He looks like he needs a good assfucking.

Found one
moviepilot.com/posts/2069017

Hugo Strange is probably Batman's best villain in terms of skill set and motive. Shit like Death of the family and other recent Joker stories would probably suit him better than the Joker.

people will sperg about harly in the number 1 spot but there joker was still 3 rather then 2

Clickbait articles tend to follow the trends in mass popular culture. If Joker's not number 1 in clickbait articles then he's not number 1 anymore at all, period.

Maybe you'll see one or two lists without him in the top spot, but spergy Joker fans and turbocasuals alike will protest and act like anyone really cares what they think in the comments section of the clickbait site.

>Almost every image used is from movies, cartoons or videogames
>All entries are base level "Batman & Robin, amirite?" humor
At least he's not even pretending to not be a normie.

>moviepilot.com/posts/2069017
>even the dreaded "The Batman" series did it right. I will never say anything good about that show ever again.

This guy can go suck a dick.

On the other hand, though...
>Even in the Dark Knight (a movie I really do not like)
>Ledger is not my favorite Joker by far

At least he's not turbocasual. Still, fuck that guy, The Batman was really enjoyable.

But muh joker!

Catwoman is the public's favourite Batman villain. She's the most widely known and culturally relevant, much moreso than Joker.
She just never ends up on these lists because of her tendency to swing towards antihero.

Do we really need 24/7 Joker threads? You don't like him, we get it.

I remember a list on IGN that had Ra's as #1. The Joker was second obviously.

But that was a long time ago, before TDK. Then they put out another one, and the clown dominated. I wonder why!

People need to know about my hate for the Joker!

>She's the most widely known and culturally relevant, much moreso than Joker.
Not even close. She's second place for sure, but the difference between the two is clear.

The Joker is edgy and Nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor, just like me!

>likes Troy Baker's Joker
I thought I was the only one

>yfw she's replaced in all ways by Harley Quinn

It's already happening

to be fair he is good enough to have a shot at the top spot.
odd how often he gets it though there are a few other candidates you would expect to win just as often.

To young edgy people, maybe, but show your grandparents a dude in a Joker costume and they'll think he's just a clown.
EVERYONE knows who Catwoman is.

You know Joker was the major thing in Batman 66, right? Like, you're actually delusional if you think older folks will know Catwoman better than the Joker. You'll find the occasional one who does, sure, but more people will remember Caeser for sure.

>being this wrong
Catwoman and Joker both came into public awareness at roughly the same time on television.

Since then, Catwoman has been reduced to a nebbish 6/10 in an Emma Peel outfit, whereas the Joker was the star of the first billion dollar cape film.

Do you honestly think no one over the age of 13 saw TDK? There have been 3 iconic Jokers in the last half century, (and whatever the fuck Leto was).

6/10 if trolling.

Good for you

Having Joker kill was a mistake

It led to writers trying to top his last heinous deed, leading to a body count of thousands, and it makes Batman and Gotham look incompetent if they can't lock up him for good or just plug him

His laughing toxin should only hospitalize people

I remember there was this one IGN list that had Ra's above him, I think it came out around the time Batman Begins was the new hotness so they were trying to be hip.

>he thinks oldfags remember The Joker for Cesar's star power better than Catwoman
>implying their nostalgiaboners haven't permanently etched every iteration of her character into their memories
Have you ever talked about Batman to somebody who grew up with that show? Without fail, Catwoman is ALWAYS the first character they recall.

Batman killed Nicholson Joker; with Nolan's killcount would have been killed in final film if actor hadn't an hero'd. Nolan killed Two-Face, Ras and Bane rather offhandedly.

Extraordinarily likely to be killed in Snyderverse assuming the whole thing doesn't fold up like a cheap lawn chair after this year.

Yeah but I'm talking about comics

No, that would be Adam We, the last Batman to actually be interesting.

Catwoman actress was literally "hot bitch of the month" as your own picture demonstrates.

>Emma Peel outfit

...what do you call Julie Newmar's outfit?

There are a fuckton of older folks who tuned in just for Catwoman and you know it.

Why wouldn't Joker be #1?
Like I'm not gonna act like he is my personal favorite batvillain, but I will recognize that Joker is the biggest villain.

I mean who would you have as #1 instead? Mister Freeze? I think not.

Eh a psychologist wanting to take his Batman cosplay as far as possible doesn't deserve top billing.

Even Newmar's minimalist Catwoman had exaggerated claws and little ears.

Hathaway had a leather bodysuit with some stupid flip up sunglasses that sort looked earish from the right angle. And goddamn ridiculous heels, even by 60's standards.

Yeah she really hasn't done anything villainous in a lil while.

Hell she was a mob boss recently, and she didn't seem villainous.

Yes, this is true, but are they particularly relevant anymore? '66 puts people who were watching it firmly at 50 bare minimum, and if they're watching for Catwoman then more like 65.

Safe to say they're likely not a large portion of the current population that would make a character "culturally relevant". If they tuned in purely for Catwoman then they're unlikely to have ever really cared about Batman much and thus wouldn't be culturally relevant. Those who still recall Joker vividly probably tuned in for Batman and stand a better chance of still being mildly culturally relevant for the purposes of Batvillains.

But the idea that really anyone over the age of 50 would be considered to be worth calculating for in terms of franchise sales and value is laughable. Corporate execs won't give a fuck. Joker is the one that sells books and tickets now.

They've turned her into Batman's "he's not actually gay" alibi, now that WW has become Superman's full time.

But Talia is the girl who he actually knocked up.

>now that WW has become Superman's full time.
So are like WW, Clark, and Lois gonna have a 3some or...?

Cause I know at the very least Clark and WW would be into that.

How about a villain who isn't furiously masturbated off as somehow "the opposite side of Batman's coin" for no fucking reason at all?

Basically, the question is will the general public ever be able to be made aware of other Batman villains as being potentially greater than the Joker, by a significant film or so on, or is he just too deeply embedded and experiencing the Wolverine Factor by now?

Joker will always be #1 No other Bat-villain has been a part of so many memorable stories.

wut

BatCat was a thing ever since Selina debuted

I think the Timmverse started BatWW

It's this. Even when he didn't need to be part of the story in such big stories it was still the Joker they chose. It's a snowball effect where Joker as #1 gains more and more momentum and so he keeps on appearing.

It was inevitable.

>so many memorable stories.
How many of those memorable stories are even still relevant?

Babs can walk, Jason's not dead, and Gordon's timeline got walked back so far he didn't even have a wife to shoot.

R-remember when Joker cut his face off so he could wear it as a mask? That was like, so CRAZY and DISTURBING!

>If they tuned in purely for Catwoman then they're unlikely to have ever really cared about Batman much and thus wouldn't be culturally relevant.
>Those who still recall Joker vividly probably tuned in for Batman and stand a better chance of still being mildly culturally relevant for the purposes of Batvillains.

You do realize that if non-batfans (or normies, or whatever) recognise Catwoman that makes her more culturally relevant by default?

Man, Gotham really handled that whole shitty scenario really well. God that was a fun mini-arc.

I agree. Joker has had a story written by almost every definitive Batman writer- From O'Neil and Englehart to Morrison.

Actually, you know what? Fuck it, I'm revoking Joker's arch nemesis card until he actually accomplishes something again.

Batman's new arch nemesis is Kobra.

>How many of those memorable stories are even still relevant?
Are you implying that CATWOMAN has been especially relevant in recent memory?

Catwoman user is citing Julie fucking Newmar, for Christ's sake.

Non-batfans will also recognise Joker just as easily. Particularly the non-batfans who are more likely to propagate cultural relevancy by virtue of being more globally connected through social media and the internet.

I'm not denying that Catwoman 66 wasn't popular, but if you watched Batman 66 then you also know the Joker all too well, so it's a fairly moot point there. And in the past near-30 years it's been Joker with the cultural dominance, ever since BurtonBat happened.

As a villain? Fuckno.

>6. Hush

This kid should not be taken seriously.

I really shouldn't be this uncomfortable with a casuals opinion but it's really getting to me.

Just rape him already.

It was mostly mediocre aside from a few episodes.