Was Twin Peaks: The Return a worthwile addition to the series or an unnecessary tack-on?

Was Twin Peaks: The Return a worthwile addition to the series or an unnecessary tack-on?

It was almost kino, too much Mark Frost though.

The Dougie arc alone makes it probably one of the best television experiences ever

However it is literally plotlines that go nowhere: the show

So I'd say about half of it is "unnecessary" although I enjoyed all of it

It was an unnecessary tack-on and David Lynch is a hack.

like the majority of things that get put out nowadays, it was a soulless cashgrab (see Blade Runner 2049, and so on)

If you haven't seen it you don't have to respond to the thread, plebs

On the one hand it’s pretty unnecessary in the aspect that not all that much happens to continue the show. A lot ultimately is dropped or forgotten by the finale.

That said, it’s still enthralling to watch, is well acted, and is beautifully shot. Lynch still works amazingly well on the base level, which makes it a worthwhile addition to me.

I have taste unlike you user, it's why I don't suck Lynch's dick about every mediocre thing he makes

>Tammy calls Cooper a white knight in The Final Dossier

Comfyfags BTFO
/ourguy/ Dougie always wins

It's by far the best season of the whole goddamn thing

I stayed in just because of Dougie, It bothered the shit out of me at the end that nothing connected, not even to the previous seasons except the characters and not even that at times.

If you don't like his work and don't watch it then why would you make an argument about why it's bad?

I did watch it and thought it mediocre, not bad necessarily but defiantly one of the weaker offerings from him.

So is this /tpg/ now? Where my memes at?

I'm looking for a new period drama series to watch.

I would prefer something more in the feeling of Boardwalk Empire or Downton Abbey, maybe taking place in the 19th or 18th century.

I also heard Rome is pretty good.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Also discuss period dramas.

Borgia, one of them gets cancelled, the other fiinishes I think they're both on netflix, I enjoyed both.. Uhh Tudors.

Carnivale
Deadwood
Mad Men

Mostly unnecessary but at least we got a few good Lynch moments.

Taboo was interesting

>people shit on FWWM at release but not this

Proof that the Twin Peaks fanbase has no taste

it was lynch's masterpiece

Quarry

I think it could have been better as a standalone idea with Dougie rather than Twin Peaks.

Lynch fans probably got a blast out of it but TP fans really got cucked.

It was one last beautiful Lynching before David bites the dust in a few years

i liked twin peaks and i loved fire walk with me but i watched the first episode of the return and it bored me to no end. should i give it another shot?

no, faggot

It was a worthwhile tack-on

Peaky Blinders

peaky blinders

Peaky Blinders is such a stupid name for a show. Why the hell did they have to call it that?

It was the best conclusion one could have hoped for, lynched fags need not apply.