Marvel Announces Luke Cage ongoing by David Walker & Nelson Blake II

Meh
cbr.com/marvel-luke-cage-ongoing-series/

>Walker
>Writer of nighthawk, occupy avengers and Nick Fury Jr oneshot

Hmm, i didnt like any of those books, so I pass

Didn't he also write the Luke and Danny book though? Wouldn't that be the most logical thing to compare this to?

yes he did. And that book is basically a Luke Cage book with Danny tagging along.

>MCU outfit.

I disagree. They seem like pretty equal partners in the book.

Oh yeah he is doing that too, i read the first arc but meh, I didnt like it find interesting and the art didnt help either.

So is Heroes for Hire Cancelled?

just like my tv show!

Character sketches by Nelson Blake II

Is David Walker writing himself a Cage?

Dude has the exact hair cut and facial hair

It's a pretty generic black man style, not much you can do past adolescence.

I like Walker, but I feel bad for him that he mostly gets the "minority" and "social justice" assignments, even though he does them well, he should have worked his way up to a flagship character by now.

It seems hard to believe there was once a time when Marvel had a black guy writing and editing Spider-Man while a white ladies were writing Power Man & Iron Fist and Daredevil. The magical era of the 1980s.

I don't expect him to get a flagship character yet, but he deserves a chance on a more experimental book. Something weird like cosmic or magic.

>It seems hard to believe there was once a time when Marvel had a black guy writing and editing Spider-Man while a white ladies were writing Power Man & Iron Fist and Daredevil. The magical era of the 1980s.
Blame Axel Alonso for this shit

They're not even trying to hide the MCU synergy anymore, are they?

Expect an Infinity War II.

Cool. Would've liked to see someone else's take on Cage, but Walker is alright. Wonder if PM&IF will still be going.

will the market support it?

This has been going on for like 3-4 years now user

You either write the crap Marvel wants you to write or you don't get any gig. What happened with Priest should've made this clear. It's a shame though, I kind of like Walker but every minority book he has written has been either meh or dumpster fire. I wish Marvel would give their writers a chance to write interesting book rather than generic PC crap.

It should be fine. Unlike movies, TV shows seem to translate decently to comic sales. The bigger concern would be Danny if they're still giving him two books + PM&IF + Defenders.

like agents of shit, am i rite?

Market doesn't support anything that isn't A listers, so no.

Of course not, if PM & IF in the cancellation zone, just imagine two solos.

That assumes anyone in Marvel remembers what Infinity War was.

Starlin is still working for them, isn't he?

>le synergy
>subpar creative team

Pic related

Not even MCUfags care about Agents of Non Canon. But yeah DD sales are better than they were during Waid's run and this run is generic and boring. Flash is selling really well too.

PMIF is ending.

Well at least Genddy's CAGE was great. Probably the last good Cage story we'll get

True, I forgot about that one. But stuff like Flash, Green Arrow, DD, and JJ all supposedly have an expanded readership from the TV shows and at least around mid-tier sales. Luke Cage has more in common with them than AoS.

He basically has his own continuity with his OGNs, and I doubt they even remember that most of the time.
If they did, just imagine the buzz from the Thanos book written by "the man behind INFINITY GAUNTLET!" It's not like Marvel thinks things long term, anymore.

"Outfit"

nah, that story wasn't good at all.

>The bigger concern would be Danny if they're still giving him two books + PM&IF + Defenders.

Let's actually take a minute to examine those books.
He has Iron Fists, which is a mini. There's Power Man & Iron Fist, which is apparently ending. I don't know what that "other" book is, but I'm presuming it isn't gonna be this.
That leaves Defenders, and going by how Bendis has written before, I can predict that Danny will be the character he ignores, because that's how he always wrote him in New Avengers.

Like Civil War II was a logical follow-up to Civil War.

Infinity War II will take place on Earth exclusively. Thanos will invade, again, because all five Infinity Stones are there. The Champions and Secret Warriors will be the protagonists and ultimately defeat Thanos.

Cool meme!

$0.02 have been deposited into your account.

Also Unworthy Thor will call them Infinity Gems but Kamala will correct him, saying they're Infinity Stones and "nobody calls them gems! That's silly!"

He has a solo coming up by Ed Brisson and we all suspect Iron Fists is a mini but no one at Marvel has actually said it yet. But I retract my statement now that I know PM&IF is over. I thought it was going to be two solos (one either a mini or not), one duo book, and one team book, which is stretching it for any character who isn't a S-lister yet alone Danny, who I like, but is a B-lister at best.

Face it, user. Parkebolts era "actually looks like a superhero" Cage was a minor reprieve from Bendis's Black Man.

I never had much interest in Power Man before it, but it was obviously do to simply not knowing much about him. I've been trying to rectify that.

Cool meme!

$0.02 have been deposited into your account. Keep it up, good goy!

Cool meme!

You have literally nothing else to say, do you? Christ, Didney interns are pathetic.

Cool meme!

Thanks for proving me right.

Who knew Walker needed to lose an arm and a leg to reach the pinnacle of his badass level

literally just a black guy

Cool meme!

No, bots; they are cheaper than interns.

>20 minutes lateg

Cool meme!

Is there a guide to essential Cage / Iron Fist / PMIF reading?

Nigga it was fun as fuck. That on top of his humor makes it top tier at worst

It like they've gone backwards.

I wish Marvel would stop it with the whole flooding the market with books that don't get past issue 6.

10/10
Cool meme

>MCU outfit and facial hair
>MCU logo

for fuck's sake

>David Walker & Nelson Blake II
Are both of them black?

Everyone knows they're minis and treats them as such so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Yep.

Yes.

Yup Marvel seems to be into that

BP was originally also an all black creative team until they realized Stelfreeze was slow as fuck

>Luke ongoing by Walker
Aw, nice -
>sudden realisation that this + two Iron Fist books + Bendis Defenders means that PMIF is inevitably getting cancelled
Aw, son of a FUCK. Don't take away one of the only good things you're putting out, Marvel.

So another flop it is? Didn't Marvel what how DCYou almost ruined DC?

So Walker is the new token black writer, huh? Priest's curse has moved on!

Most of the Champions and Secret Warriors are pretty good characters when they're not being written by Waid, so I'm okay with that

Priest was more tragic because he somehow fell into it even though he had written a lot of big characters already. Walker is kind of new to capeshit so this is just how he's breaking in. I hope he can escape it eventually.

Looks that way but I honestly hope not.

I mean we have a book with Luke, a book with Danny, a book with the Defenders and Marvel has short attention span with older books.

Like honestly I want Luke and Danny, Matt has his own comic and Jones can fuck off.

So now on the way we have
>2 Iron Fist solos
>1 Luke Cage solo
>Defenders (Luke Cage/Iron Fist teambook)
Yeeaaaah, PM/IF is probably cancelled. It's sales were already in the toilet and there's no fucking way the market can support all these books at once. The fact that IF is getting 2 solos alone is fucking insane, though Iron Fists seems to be a stealth mini.

I'd say Luke and Danny both take a backseat to the villains.

They say it's ending in April in the article.

Daughters of the Dragon series, when?

Walker only knows how to write black men though

They aren't monolithic, though.

My only problem with cancelling PM & IF is that Danny and Luke are seperated again, when they were best together. Sure they are both in the defenders, but Bendis seems to hate Danny.Also Walker shipped DannyxMisty, which was a bonus.

Which was awkward, because Spencer ships her with Cap!Sam.

No one gives a fuck about what Spencer thinks.

Spencer is wrong

Falcap sells better than PM & IF tho user

Walker needs to pull rank and claim that it's racist for two black characters to be together just because they're black. He can save us.

Spencers idea for that sucks though

>SYNERGY
I''m still mad they're calling the team Defenders. That's Strange's team. They should have gone Heroes for Hire.