Image Week Storytime: Wetworks

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

This week and maybe the next one I'll be posting some of Image's first series and maybe some of their recent hits as well.

So strap in, 'cause you're in for a trip down memory lane.

Next up is a latecomer to the party, Whilce Portacio's Wetworks

Spawn:
Youngblood:
WildC.A.T.s:
Savage Dragon:
Cyberforce:
ShadowHawk:

Wetworks is probably the founder comic that ended up the worst, because now it's just a forgotten piece of the Wildstorm universe.

>I missed the Jim Valentino thread.
Damn it.

He's a real piece of work, I'll say that much.

Yeah...

>Alright, Whilce, what've you got?
>It's gonna be awesome, guys. You know how most comic superhero teams have really visually diverse looks? Well, in my comic, everyone looks the same!
>That, uh... sounds great. Take your time.

lol

And that's pretty much it for Image week. Thanks for reading, and let me know if you want me to run more Image comics, I've got two more weeks ready if you're interested, second wave Image and modern Image.

The Invincible storytime will resume this March

That little bit aside, I will say that a military special ops team that gets infected with gold "symbiotes" armor, betrayed by their commanders, and then is recruited into a secret war against an army of vampires is... a somewhat unique idea at least.

Not necessarily a good idea, but definitely a unique one.