America #1 Preview

Are you ready for THICC Ms. America

So I hear she's gonna be in college or some shit? Might be fun I guess.

Dead on arrival

shes a lesbian right?

This is not thicc but at least it has a good artist

Man, Marvel is really desperate to seem cool and progressive.

yep

OF COURSE they covered her up. can't have her wearing booty shorts, can we? fucking prudes

Space Lesbian from Magical Lesbian Space.

Marvel needs supervillains who are actual threats desperately, America has basically the same set up as USG as the book is more about MAC in college than MAC being a superhero,

Is anyone gonna point out how retarded it is that Chavez now seems to be the face of the USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA When originally she didn't care a rat ass about that country and only went by Ms. America because her name is literally America?

How did you get that from this?

>America doesn't know that Carol supports the planetary wall.
>Not expecting Carol to turn on her when she gets another chance to go Reichler mode.
>YAAS QUEEN & Beyonce preview

Oh this going to be a delicious shitshow. Do we know who's writing this abomination yet?

Carol doesnt because muh refugees

How bad will this do
Worst then Captain Marvel

Never going to happen. Every-time they seem on the money to get one, that villain gets an event in which the final result is their unparalleled jobbing. This has happened so frequently, that it is an inlaid trait for Marvel at this point.

Reminder.

Is she still going to be an irredeemable bitch? I hope not.

But that's not by Remender.

Her costume looks even worse now.

jsut beacause its not showing skin?? lol you NerdBoys are pathetic xD

>no hotpants
DROPPED

Is Captain America seriously not even a black man anymore but a brown woman now to get immigrant cred or something?

That worships a gay dude as a god

The art looks good, but I am still cool to the character.

sure tell Sup Forums that so they can get triggered

So this is her harem?

I want to like this, and at least the art's good, but I really can't see it being anything other than cutesy kawaii girl-power schlock. The setup also makes no sense for America, and you KNOW they're going to ignore the fact that she has a girlfriend in favour of Hawkkate shipbaiting.
That's what they said about Squirrel Girl.

Is the art too colourful to anyone else? I feel like the colours should be a bit more muted, especially since they're apparently going for a more grounded feel to this, what with her in college and all that. Like, there should be a lot more earth tones since her character is more down to earth. But then again its a book aimed at women, and lord knows that women apparently cant handle anything too dark and unfluffy.

Why do all female costumes look the same, and why do they all ripoff 90's Superboy?

This is the dumbest variant gimmick of all time.

>90's Superboy

There we go. I was trying to remember whose costume she reminded me of but I was getting stuck at Booster Gold because of the jacket.

Fucking hell it's an exact ripoff.

Oh wow you are right. I guess that is why I liked it though it needs better colors.

Oh Jesus you're right, no wonder I liked the costume

And to think it only began because some editor realized that dude's art had an uncanny resemblance to action figures.

She literally nicked one of his belts.

DC should sue tbqh, that is plagiarism level.

It's 100% intentional too.

This would make a better costume than that Jacket!Wonder Woman recolor.

It's time to get off this ride Marvel

>This is how Marvel will do their Rebirth, by copying DC little by little

>Superboy's costume
>takes place on a beach

Maybe it's a joke?

I can't unsee

She really didn't have one before, she changes clothes line 9 times in YA and a few times in ultimates.

She's still THICC though

>no pages of her punching white men

Ugh. Dropped

Nice old ms america colors.

>copied Blue Beetle with Nova (Marvel's is better though)
>copied Clark and Lois with Renew Your Vows (DC wins there)
>now copying Superboy

they can't keep getting away with it

Hoodie+short was her best costume

am I to believe that her hip/ass are so big that she can have that belt hoola hooping around her stomach and fly at high speeds without it falling off?

That's hot

Jaime > Kid Kancer

People would by it if the tits and ass were bigger
And if her shorts didnt look like old lady underwear

In concept yes but I have to hand it to Marvel, the Nova teamup is much better than the Blue Beetles so far.

I think he's talking about the current series. I mean, he's still wrong despite the fact that the current BB title is underwhelming as hell.

High-waisted stuff was back in style like a year or two ago but I don't know where we're at now

It was better when they had her not actually be aware of the original instead of making her a full legacy

DID I MENTION I'M A LESBIAN?
I'm sorry, I couldn't possibly make it to page three of this preview without acknowledging how gay I am.

user, this is a textless preview.

I wonder if people actually buy those

I agree, something about the coloring feels off. Maybe it'll look better when I see a floppy.

Yeah but another book shows she's all for it and knowing Carol she'll jump on it for the power and glory. HydraCap knows this and is planning on playing her power hungry desires against her. I mean let's face it even without SHIELD being infiltrated by Hydra every other week, Maria Hill was running it exactly like archetypal Hydra but with better publicity and people like Carol kissing her ass. Plus the refugee thing is going to blow up in her face because Carol's been slavering over Medusa's hairy hotbox since Civil War 2 and Inhumans hate the Kree and helped destroy the Kree homeworld with the Shi'ar. She's fucked either way because she's trying to soapbox for two "refugee" groups who hate each other's guts. Doesn't help that she has admitted that she hates the Kree, is technically half-kree, and is already seen as a lapdog to the Inhumans even by humans. Sooner or later one or both of these parties are going to turn on her and she'll come crying for the wall to save face and gain power over people once again.

Rant aside Marvel needs a new EIC who gets all the writers together and gets their shit together. I know being "Bendis'd" is a meme but it's like I'm taking crazy pills on how many characters are contradicting themselves between issues and are completely OOC. Even if he isn't writing this drivel its like he's become the Sublime of Marvel, a subconscious plague of mediocrity that permeates across the entire staff.

>Also mfw its revealed that Carol's brain damage is the reason she keeps acting out of character because she keeps forgetting shit when she uses her powers and gets played for pity points/a free pass for her shit.

>Paolo Rivera
Oh, wow,

3 Riveras working on this book
heh
Also this better be good, I've been wanting to read more stuff with hot brown qts

I prefer the wool cap

I think it might be a dream sequence. Superboy ripoff costume at the beach is too on the nose.

son of bitch!

AYYY CHICA

Because you saw 90s Superboy before Robotman or Jack Knight and he became your primary reference point for a superhero costume that is "basically just a nice jacket".

Robotman and Jack Knight didn't wear spandex underneath their jackets. If you really wanted to make a point you should have said Animal Man. The reason why people are comparing it to Superboy is the belt.

It's not just the jacket. The general pattern of colors and style of gloves is also the same. Having a belt freely around the waist is probably the biggest clue.

>A second Miss America, a Latin-American LGBTQ teenager named America Chavez

>LGBTQ

so she's a futa?

>so she's a futa?
They women in her dimension had to reproduce somehow

damn what a qt

And Marvel isn't pushing her as hew Wonder Woman?

This is the first time I'm actually going to buy a hop hop variant.

>And Marvel isn't pushing her as hew Wonder Woman?
Not really, no. They're pushing Carol as the new Wonder Woman.

Well, they should use this Miss America instead. She's more LGBTQwhatever than Carol or WW.

I miss the days when it was just LGBT.

you got both of the gays in LG, you got the non picky people in the B, and transgender with the real physical sexual imbalances.

Now there's Queer? For me queer is a old-timey word for gay guy and I don't even know what the hell the "+" stands for

I'm fond of GSM which is just gender/sexual minority. It covers everything without having to add a fuck ton of extra letters.

>pushing
It's surprising that she got solo. Nobody was using her after YA until Ewing picked her up. She was just that girl that wanted to fuck Kate bishop.

yeah it sounds good but it's not popular. It sounds like something a phone has

>For me queer is a old-timey word for gay guy
Wasn't it just a word for weird/odd, the gay association came later.

Phone companies have phased out GSM (2g) tech though. Everything is 3g and 4g now.

yeah, something like that

I miss SuperMullet and SuperPan.

The current Kate Leth / Squirrel Girl model is that any actual threats are too triggering, oppressive or dampens the girl power narrative too much.

Are they still doing that? They'd probably be better off pushing Kamala.

Can't sell a movie with Kamala. Need a white chick to sell tickets globally.

(You)

Looks good, thanks OP.

>Are they still doing that?
She has a movie coming out, so yes.

according to the solits she actually does fight things.

#notmyamerica

Needs to fight extradimensonal beings from the next dimension over.

kek Chavez looks like an annoyed teenage girl whose mobile phone was taken away by her parents and had to spend some time with the family...

"Are we done yet?!..Can I go back to my room now??"

Also a touch smelly.

Art looks good. Thanks, OP.