Just watched saw 1 for the first time

Just watched saw 1 for the first time.
Wtf was the point of this game. Adam's key went down the drain in the first few minutes of the movie. Can someone explain this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c5UHBJNHu28?t=102
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, Jigsaw's sense of morality and fairness is completely fucked. He acts as if he gives people a chance to "redeem" themselves (in his eyes), but he's consistently unfair and deceptive. There's no way Adam could have survived that trap, and Jigsaw should have known that.

I really like the first Saw movie, but there's some dumb shit in it.

It's just for muh twist

>Test people to see if they have the will to live
>but put a guy in a trap who is only there to get stabbed and killed by the other person in the trap
>Also kidnap a family and kill them if they guy doesn't escape in time

Gordon's first description of him: well technically he's never killed anyone.
>slits a cops throat with an assassin creed blade
>leads another cop into shotgun blast city
It never showed how jigsaw survived a 12 gauge to the back either

The movie thinks it's being so fucking clever by trying to convince us that Jigsaw isn't a murderer when he very clearly is, by every definition of the law.

>his name's John

James Wan is a hack. As the other guy said, Saw was decent but had some stupid shit that didn't make sense. All of James Wan's horror movies fucking suck balls.

why is jigsaw such a piece of shit?

How is the new one tho? Is it fun?

Retcons out based Gordon.
So, no.

I think in one of the sequels its revealed that amanda sabotaged the trap, but I think that was just a retcon to cover up adumb plot hole.

I recently rewatched this as well. Leaving the key on top of him in the bathtub in a pitch black room was completely unfair. Jigsaw clearly knew the key was going down the drain to the point where he had no back up plan if it didn't. I'm not even sure why he bothered.

Also I'm not sure why Zep didn't just bail out of the game much sooner. He had a poison in his system but he was literally driving around town while Tapp was chasing him, he could have just drove to the hospital and got an antidote. There is a lot of retarded shit in this film.

If Adam really wanted to live he would have broken his own foot too.

yeah I can't see how that is ever an issue, I mean maybe the room is locked but most people would at least fucking try
The ending of part 7 was retarded for the same reason

>he could have just drove to the hospital and got an antidote. There is a lot of retarded shit in this film.
I've always been curious about that. How long does it take for them to identify poisons? Can it be done within an hour or two? He may not of had enough time.

Actually just looking up about the series again, and it was Amanda who felt sorry for Adam and that's why she left the key on his chest, behind Jigsaw's back. She later goes in and strangles him after Gordon escapes to deal with her guilt.

youtu.be/c5UHBJNHu28?t=102

>behind Jigsaw's back.
He definitely knows about it. He is the one who says the key was in the bathtub

'The key to that shackle is in the bathtub' is what Jigsaw says at the end of the film. Amanda didnt put it there behind his back. Saw wasn't ever meant to be a series and so Jigsaw is unfair and assholeish in the first film, and then they later try to retcon him in the next few films saying he always give everyone a chance etc and the whole Seth Baxter thing in Saw V with Jigsaw being disgusted at Hoffman's unfair traps and also in Saw 3 where he tested Amanda because of her unfair games. As someone else also pointed out above he literally tried to slash a cop's throat and lead the chinese cop into a trap when he wasn't being tested.

They wanted to shock the audience.
"He suffered all of that shit, and the safest way out was just right fucking there, and lost at the start".
There is an astronomically low chance he could ever have gotten the key, and the key itself goes against both of Jigsaw's "priciples", a fair game, and having to sacrifice something.

I feel like the Zepp twist was enough. The key wasn't needed on top of it

The point was it was written by the guy playing Adam, and just a few short years earlier he was the film reviewer for Recovery, a live Australian morning television program aimed at teenagers. He was also being bullied live by Dylan Lewis, the host of said television program. Did I mention this was on government owned ABC?

>but put a guy in a trap who is only there to get stabbed and killed by the other person in the trap
How do you know he didn't already fail his own test?

he didn't need the key to survive. The game was fair. Both of them had the opportunity to escape and survive by picking up the porcelain of the toilet and using it to smash the bones in their foot so that htey chould slide the handcuff over their ankle and hop/crawl to escape.

The doctor in particular had no excuse not to do this since he's a medically trained professional.
If he valued life more and properly tried to think of how to escape then he would have obviously seen this.

hu hu dey fru du blud ah du scree agen

Pretty sure he didn't get hit with the bullets he just faked being down.

hey user, only seen the first movie, and it was OK.
are the rest worth watching?

they're decent if you don't have high expectations and just treat them as comfy gore fests

I don't care about pseudo-inconsistencies, SAW was kino just for the end scene alone.

>the score ending perfectly when he slams the door shut

I coom erry tiem

shotgun spread and power stay pretty strong even far away

He definitely got hit but it may have just been far enough not penetrate too deeply and just knock him down, which he exaggerated to lure the office closer.

This had to be the worst one of them all

>you're a slut because you have two boyfriends at the same time and you're kind of mean so you deserve to die horribly

Why was he even wasting his time on this teenage drama bullshit?

The supidest part of SAW was that the guy who escapes gets taken out in the sequel like 5 seconds later when walking down the hallway. How is that remotely fair?

>i don't commit murder
>except i am according to literally every definition in every country

Is the new one watchable if I've only seen the first film?

Birdshot

well hes not wrong

i would maim the fuck out of myself, driving myself forward with how i would make that old man suffer and beg for death, i would make it my lifes mission to not only live but destroy everything he has. then probably lock him up and keep him alive just to make sure he got the point that he fucked up and that he's a stupid edgy fag

He's already dead

then i would find one of his cultists and torture them into talking, then burn the whole operation to the ground, then piss on his ex's grave and be like "you're a fucking cunt, enjoy this missing piece m8"

This entire thread and no one's mentioned the bullshit of 'x was part of the super sekrit club all along and thats how mutually exclusive event will be explained away".
Is literally the entire series' excuse for everything, I honestly don'y think the saw series has any other twist.

based jigsaw BTFOing roasties

This 2bh