What is this stance trying to convey?

what is this stance trying to convey?

Was it rape?

Whatever you imagined happened.

Villeneuve didn't left out that visual information out so the "secret underground patrician dissecting club" can put the pieces together to form a singular universal answer.
By amping up the tension and then not showing the actual action every viewer forms his own worst personal mental picture of what is happening and that way it's much more impactful than just showing someone waterboarding/raping someone.
Also the shot mimmicks the shutting off the video camera and Brolin leaving the room so he doesn't have to watch it.

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

That he’s a big guy.

no ingles

why does emily blunt have black hair here?

same cinematographie as Vincent Gallo's The Brown Bunny fellatio scene, so yes, is what you guess.

So you're saying he was raped and waterboarded?

He's in a waterboardy-rapey quantum state and the interpretation / perception of the viewer determines the outcome.

You put that well.

Dominance

More to the point - watch the scene, andlisten to the sounds as that last shot holds on the jug and drain; rythymic gruntic and breathing.

I'm about 90% sure that dude got sodomized

i thought he was going to piss on him

machismo is code for gay cholo sex

whatever you wouldn't want to happen to you in that situation, happened to him

This. Denis is a magician with kino.

So BDTs character is gay?

he was mexican. if a mexican made me smell his unwashed crotch I would give up any information.

Schrödinger's waterboard rape?

so gay he had a wife and child. the silly faggot

The fact that so many people completely misrepresent this scene goes to show how much Villeneuve failed as a director. Saying "b-but it's meant to be ambiguous on purpose just' use your imagination :D" is the biggest a copout a filmmaker can pull.

If you want a good example of this type of technique employed by an actually competent director look no further than the work of Alfred Hitchock, in particular the film Psycho.

There was psychological rape, but no sexual activity. No way in hell this guy exposed his dick to that animal.

if they're misrepresenting it, then what is it's true intent, faggot?

Your sister gave up all her information to me last night

If he was a cute mexican boy do you think he would've raped his boy pussy?

just for laughs not even gay though?

>"What are you looking at me for? Noah Blingles, remember?"
Where was this Noah guy?

he was making a biblical reference because of the water they were about to use to torture him, this is a deep film

what is this from?

Sicario