Stranger Things 2

It started pretty exciting but it kinda bored me halfway thru. The ET nostalgic comfy feel was kinda lost, and there was too many plotlines that i didn't really give a shit about, like
>madmax crazy brother
>nancy's romantic and newsleaking shenanigans
>eleven and that damn seven episode

overall i liked the first season better. It was okay tho, i guess.
Also, what's up with this and IT with the redheads?

yeah the first 4 episodes or so were great, but the show missed out by not giving enough screen time to the main group which made the first season so comfy for me

but now that everyone's back together I'm cautiously optimistic, that ball scene at the end was actually really touching

>that ball scene at the end was actually really touching
Reminder that the song has two meanings. It's not just referring to the love story and shit but how the "I'll be watching you" ties in with the Shadow Monster watching over the kids at the school. They talk about this in the behind the scenes.

That was touching.

I would never compare this show to ET...

what are you, underage or blind? the show literally borrows from ET and alien, among other 80s classics, to achieve it's.. .wait, you're baiting aren't you.

This. E.T was good at the time but it's aged poorly. This show shits over E.T.

Exactly, ET is much worse.

>not enjoying the Indiana Jones nostalgia

Faggot tbqh

I was truly surprised by just how bad it was. I liked the first season pretty well. It felt iconic, each scene, character, interaction loaded with interest and a sort of representative iconography. Visually interesting, cool lore. The second drained it all, just tried to hit every single note again as is the folly of most bad sequels. Eleven on her own was dumb, should have interacted w/ the kids throughout. Should have known about dude's dead daughter. Gelman and Astin carried the season.

Who is the best character: Steve, gigga-chad or based bob?

Mike

>gelman and astin carried the season
this gelman guy showed up for like 5 minutes, the fuck you talking about? bob was okay.

hopper

>They talk about this in the behind the scenes.
Well I mean, you don't need to be a genius to figure that one out since they literally show the big boy watching over the school in the upside down while the song's fading out.

Hopper is still the best character. Steve was cool, but realistically Hopper is king.

Bob was going well, except for telling the kid to fight the obviously real inter dimensional monster.

Steve came up big, after sort of barely coming out even last season, objectively the hero this season.

Also, anyone no one actually hated ST2. It was great, you all enjoyed it, please stop wasting everyone's time pretending

>inb4 numbers 001-010 are all mary sues as well
>or number 1 is a super sue
I want them all to be dead. Maybe one of them is alive and severely brain damaged, but we need less super powered mutants and more upside down monsters.

It was solid but way too predictable. It also wrapped everything up a bit too neatly and in a way calculating to please the crowd.

It solved a bunch of questions and outstanding plotlines from the first season, but didn't really set anything up going forward.

>this gelman guy showed up for like 5 minutes
And he was more alive and interesting than most everything else. Similarly, the Milf/Bad Boy scene felt electric compared to the by-the-numbers scripting of everything else.

I hope all numbers die, even Eleven.

The shadow monster is 001

>drives a great car
>only person in town who lifts regurlaly
>deeply respects his veteran father
>could have fucked a married women but didnt do it because hes a moral person
>gave some tips to Steve on how to be a better basketball player
>actively cares for his sister even if shes a brat and doesnt want her to get blacked

i dunno he seemed out of place, considering we don't know where he came from or why the show needed all that sideplot for 2 episodes. The character was fine but he had nothing to do on stranger things.

the "numbers" better have a damn good backstory and development, otherwise it'll drag the show to the ground. The upside down is the cool shit. The government and "numbers" thing is kinda lame.
There's a reason why the OA wasn't a hit.

Don’t mind me, just best character coming through

His assaulting Steve was excessive. And i don't mean his doing it, but how it was directed. Just baldly gruesome and inartful. Punch after punch after punch. Jesus Christ, Duffer Brothers, we get it.

Literally does nothing

Not their fault they have a alpha chad with them

You also got a scene where bob gets easten by demo-dogs and i don't see you complaining. It could've just been demo-dog jumping over him, cut to wynona screaming, and hopper taking her away, with out of focus silhouettes of demodogs eating but no, you had a quite longer and if i recal correctly even slow-mo of bob being bitten and pierced in the stomach and all bloody
What's your excuse for not minding that one

>2017

100% ourguy

It was a stupid joke desu

Demonic abominations from another dimension are supposed to be horrifying. Billy's ultimately just a punk teenager who's afraid of his dad.

i dunno, the scene where he almost runs the kids over with his car was unnerving too, imo. They set up his character for shit like this, so actually delivering is not too bad

It was great. Not as comfy as season 1, but nobody expected it to be. So are are future seasons just gonna be variations of this interdimensional shit?

Also El a qt.

>Finn doesn't get access to Ali Michael anymore

Fuck man that's the opposite of Nice

I doubt Finn cares about some old hag, he has so many cute fangirls his age. Not to mention Millie

she was qtier with comfy curly hair, they made a innocent qt into a punk for no reason reeeeeeeeeeee

I'm entirely convinced that episode 7 was the last written episode and they threw it in their to meet some quota and add in new shit about Brenner in case they wanted to revisit him in S3.

Episode 7 is literally the only episode on the entire series directed by a woman

Wrong, he is the most moral (anti-communist) character on the show

It also had a different writer if you look it up on IMDB. Not sure if he did other episodes but the ones I checked were Duffer bros and then E7 is credited to some gay numale looking guy.

>implying pedo jokes were allowed in 2016

we want the tumblr audience

>Repressed homosexual

I don't find it creepy if some chick did this but if a male did this it would be creepy as fuck.

>old hag
what are you, 15?
she's like an actually cute and attractive cara delevigne

>Finn
>interested in Millie
>interested in his 12 year old brazilian fans
He's set his eyes on iris apatow

One of the main problems is that is doesn't have the same sense of mystery as the first. In season one you weren't sure what the upside down was and when 11 was showing it with the D&D board flipped upside down it was spooky, now everything has been shown too much.

I think they should have done a kind of anthology thing with the second season

Just finished the first season.
Have I missed something or did everyone just fucking forget about that Barbara girl who also got kidnapped by the sucky-sucky abomination?

It comes up in the 2nd season but yeah pretty much

>did everyone just fucking forget about that Barbara
The government made it look like Barbara skipped town. Which is why no one looks for her.
Nancy knows she's dead, which is why she gave up. That's all established in S1.

nobody ever cared for barbara. Even nancy didn't really care for her, she's just guilty she died because she wanted sum dick

>reddit
>that stupid posture meme
>black lives matter
grow up

why wouldn't he. she's a total qt unlike millie who looks like a boy

He is just friends with Iris. It's public knowledge that he liked Millie *a lot*

>millie who looks like a boy
Sure thing user. She still has the best character on the show.

heavy makeup and photoshop, and she still looks like a boy

it's chloe moretz all over again. Time will show im right

No, the curly hair made her look like a boy. Her punk look was ultimate qt.

> It's public knowledge that he liked Millie *a lot*
That's the misunderstanding from the fans and shippers, it's very obvious he doesn't like her a lot and just treat her as a costar

why is every time the time is mentioned it is xx:15? was the same in season 1

She doesn’t look like a boy. She looks like an old aunt, but young at the same time. It’s really bizarre. She looks old and yet she doesn’t. It’s hard to describe her weirdness.

english please

It was clear from his body language. Watch some post-season 1 interviews.
And on what are you basing you idea that he likes Iris? Only because she was in his music vid?

>>could have fucked a married women but didnt do it because hes a moral person

I really didn't see it that way, he knew he had to find his sister or risk having his father's fist even further up his ass, if that was just a normal night I'm sure he would have hit that

every time the time is mentioned (time on a clock), it is always fifteen minutes after X, e.g. 8:15, 5:15

sure user

btw, who's your favorite character on the show?

>That gap
What did MBB mean by this?

He has mentioned they're really good friends and chat a lot online, he also wrote a scene in the music video to smooch with her

>Good things come in pink boxes
I agree.

>It was clear from his body language.
Every time he's with Millie he looks like he wants to fucking die.

>act as bait
>save her in the bus
>stand to her brother
>risk his life multiple times

Exactly, they are just good friends.

He mastered looking like he doesnt care, last year he was blushing crazily around her.

I'm not the same user from before but as much as i like the idea of Millie and Finn hooking up it's becoming more clear that Finn isn't too interested anymore.

Yeah i definitely feel like he WAS interested but his behaviour towards her has changed. Finn makes more of an effort to talk to and interact with Iris online, not to mention that he likes literally every single one of her posts on instagram.

came here to post the exact same thing. I wasn't disappointed. 10/10 would (you) again.

>finn gave her the black eyes after she talking shit about his smooching skill

King Steve but Hopper is god tier too.

He likes Instagram posts of a bunch of other minor celeb girls, it doesn't mean a thing desu, just a common Instagram courtesy.

Yeah maybe he is less interested now because Millie was so unresponsive. But now Millie seems interested in him. It was her idea to have Mike and El kiss. So it's very likely his crush will come back even stronger especially since they will have to work together on next season

I think her thigh gap relates to her character as Eleven. The entire time Eleven is kept hidden in Hopper's cabin, just like how we've never saw the thigh gap until now. Eleven's character arc in S2 reflects on how she's alone but still trying to reach out while staying hidden, just like her thigh gap and legs.

Also, legs are long and vertical. She has two legs. What else is long and vertical? The number '1', what has two '1's? 11.

>Pointless characters and side stories
>Lost episode of xmen in the city
>Demonic possession remote viewing cliche
>Smoke monster is incredibly lazy and lacking in creativity
>Kill the boss and everything else dies cliche
>Everything dies and the boss wasn't even beaten
>Bland stinger that cemented the fact this whole series just treaded water from the start

Enormous disappointment. The upside down in the 1st season was interesting, now it just seems boring and generic. And the smoke monster was absolutely awful, broke my fucking heart seeing that it wasn't some huge beast and was actually some gay non-thing that served all the purposes they needed.

As the other user said, if the theme is this bully is this way bc his dad, which they telegraphed w/ another excessive scene, inherent in that is some pity, some understanding. He's still a kid, not an otherworldly ghoul. We get he's a bully in episode 1, then 2, 3, 4, 5, etc, that's been well established. What more did this scene offer? To get Steve over more, again already established, which, fine, but still it was too much. Not the brutality in and of itself but the emptiness of it.

>He's still a kid
He's like a senior in highschool.

>it's an amorphous incorporeal shadow monster

Brings back bad memories of Lost desu

I still enjoyed it because I like the core characters but the season had the feeling of just being made up as it went along and I can tell the show is already in the downward spiral. Season three will probably be as bad as S02E07 all the way through. Oh well

I was under the assumption that the purpose of El was so the scientists could reach the upside down. So I assumed there were finding kids with telepathy or whatever powers, and they all died trying until the reached 11.
But 8 doesn't have that power. So why did they have her? Were they just kidnapping kids with powers as a side project, and El just happened to have what they needed?

I'm rooting for these 2

Finn Wolfhard is both talented and attractive. He's got it all.

so I jsut finished season 2. What the fuck was up with episode 7? I'm not a racist but why are the kikes trying to shove mutliculturalism down my throat?

>I was under the assumption that the purpose of El was so the scientists could reach the upside down

The scientist were actively experimenting sith substances on pregnant women to create super soldier they could use for militray purposes.
The UpsideDown was just a side effect.

El accidentally opened the portal to it while trying to spy on a Russian spy

:(

He doesn't have an unmutilated cock

This but ironically

Have you seen it? How do you know this?

Is it wrong that Episode 7 was my favorite episode because it actually had some nice character development? Granted the group itself were kind of static but honestly I've gotten tired of the whole good guys are incredibly pure vs evil guys are incredibly evil aspect of the show.

It's not just multiculturalism, it's shitty writing. Indians can't be edgy badasses. It's not in our blood, and everyone knows it. Her character just seemed completely unbelievable

He's catholic, pretty sure there's no reason for his dick to be mutilated

Stop discussing these things, you are making him uncomfortable

Hey Max, I am a racist and I don't give half a fuck of what you think, if you SEE THAT NIGGER AGAIN I'M BASHING YOUR TEETH IN WITH HIS SCULL YOU LITTLE BITCH, AM I UNDERSTOOD?? LOUDER!

Nuff said

Finn loves me. You're making him uncomfortable by suggesting otherwise.

I should probably watch the first Season again. I guess 8 makes more sense then.
For what it's worth I really did enjoy season 2. It felt more intense than season one, and managed to do so while setting up future plots. I think that's why episode 7 was harder to enjoy, it was so distant from everything else.
I liked El's development, but I think they could have achieved it differently. Or maybe if shed brought one of the other characters with her it might have felt less detached.