DENIAL (2016)

>Acclaimed writer and historian Deborah E. Lipstadt must battle for historical truth to prove the Holocaust actually occurred when David Irving, a renowned denier, sues her for libel.

Anyone seen this? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtAnuXl5VZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7uLxu0XAc
youtube.com/watch?v=E17Z1HQHLjA
msz.gov.pl/resource/e7497fea-f446-4f82-80b1-169d609d697a:JCR
loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/NT_Nazi-conspiracy.html
holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2012/10/index-of-published-evidence-on.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well thank god Libpstadt can just have the denier thrown in jail! problem solved

The tagline for this movie sums up the whole problem. The idea that everyone has this religious belief of something and you're an asshole if you don't go along with it

What? Did you assholes see the movie?
I want to know about it, was it good?
What is this vague shit youre spouting retards

Dude we're the counter culture lmao

Dude Holocaust denial is completely reasonable lmao

Dude belief in the Holocaust might as well be compared to religious belief lmao look how reasonable we are haha

This will get the normies on our side! xD

t. dipshit

this

You're a fucking imbecile.
Free society demands that people be able to express their opinions and, very importantly, question anything.
I'm sure the holocaust happened, however, you have to be blind not to realize that there's a problem when people can't be free to question something without being thrown in prison.

Wasn't the whole issue that Lipstadt accused Irving of being a Holocaust denier, Irving said he wasn't and that she was libeling him, he took her to court and it was found, actually, yeah, David Irving was a Holocaust denier? What's the issue with that? It's not that he's a Holocaust denier that was the issue.

With that said, and having not seen the film, I shouldn't imagine that that was the overarching theme presented in the movie.

Yes, this is what happened.

>most of society are literal retards
>make holocaust denial mainstream or even acceptable
>a year later, holocaust #2 happens
>6 months after that, WW3
Yeah, no. there's a reason why people say humans should learn from history and NOT repeat it's mistakes.

Nice little fictional scifi universe you've created in your head there faggot.

Holocaust never happened lol

>white couldn't even exterminate the Jews
The most cucked race in human history

This, learn from ww2 mistakes and actually finish the job properly next time

its ok though in society to carry around communist flags but if you carry around a nazi flag you get beat up despite the fact that the communists killed 100 million people and the nazis only killed 250,000

Yeah, but the Communists were in the right is the difference

This but unironically.

Woah wtf I believe in the holocaust now

I think there is a documentary about Irving's case. I haven't seen Denial, but I bet it's overdramatized and silly.

Irving was portrayed surprisingly accurately. The guy is and always was a biased idiot and it's amazing how in the 90's people didn't just blatantly call him out on his obvious admiration for Nazism and Hitler. The IHR autism in the 90's did have one positive, though. Their existence meant a bunch of evidence of Nazi war crimes were compiled under one roof so that this shit could be put to bed by anyone willing to do the research.

communist flags mean everyone is equally shit

nazi flags mean you think everyone else is shit

>nazis kill 10 million people IN THE WEST
>communists kill 400 billion people IN THEIR OWN SHIT COUNTRY

its ok though in society to carry around communist flags but if you carry around a nazi flag you get beat up despite the fact that the communists killed 100 million people and the nazis only killed 250,000

gee I wonder why you retard

its called "history", look it up brainlet

Why can’t we learn our lesson from the Weimar Republic?

>Anyone seen this? Thoughts?
Lies
They're si scared of the guy they had to demonize him by producing a propaganda film. They'd probably kill him if they could, but producing a film is less risky.
MUH 6 GORILLION....
How do anyone explain this ?....You can't.
youtube.com/watch?v=OtAnuXl5VZY

Or maybe you can...Winners get to re-write history to their advantage.

I just don't really understand the point of distorting what was, in reality, a pretty mundane libel case into some epic intellectual clash between a historian and a holocaust denier.

The whole narrative framework seems irrelevant anyways when the overwhelming focus of the film is on engaging with and disproving holocaust denial. It's like God's Not Dead, but with a historical rather than philosophical subject. Why not just ditch the plot and make a straight documentary that addresses all the common talking points of holocaust deniers and systematically dismantles them, similar to that one documentary that tears apart Ancient Aliens?

>they have her be played by an attractive actress while he gets played by an ugly one
really makes u think

Shame they didn't include the moment in the trial where Irving accidently addressed the judge as "mein fuhrer" in a fluster.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7uLxu0XAc

Did he seriously do that?

Neither of those are what those ideologies espouse and neither are true.

The IHR collected evidence to the contrary all under one roof. Then their offices were firebombed.

youtube.com/watch?v=E17Z1HQHLjA

Because Weimar Republic was too different from our times.

So how do you know if it's really from Bromberg or not?

Most people think the laws against denial are outright insane. I fully believe in the holocaust and have been to 4 different camps, but making questioning it illegal is insanity and suspect.

Ukraine isn't Russia and the USSR wasn't single country you fucking cretin.

Questioning communist crimes is also illegal in certain countries, for example in Poland.

How do you really know Jews were exterminated in gas chambers?

Because of the evidence.

The invention of the Holocaust was a communist crime. It's the same taboo.

Testimonies from thousands and plenty of picture evidence. I personally believe that the Nazis in general have been built up to this inhuman level that not everything people accept as truth about them can possibly be true. However, if you base your opinions from random unprofessional debunking pictures and YouTube videos there's no help for you.

There are a lot of accounts from people at the trial that he said it in his summary speech.

>Well, I didn't, you know, I told them to stop saying this mein Führer", and he sort of somehow thought in his way back into there, it all merged in his mind in some sort of way. Of course, afterwards he tried to say "No, I tried to stop them saying mein Führer", but actually he did apologise to the judge at the time, and it's quite clear that this was a slip of the tongue. The court, I'm afraid, dissolved into rather unseemly hilarity.

That was from Richard Evans. The official court transcript doesn't show the mistake, however:

>I am clearly seen to interrupt my speech, shake my head at them and gesticulate with my left hand to them to stop, and I am clearly heard to say, "You must not", because they are shouting the "Siegheil" slogans, "Mein Führer", and things like, "you must not always be thinking of the past".

As I have no idea of what punctuation appears in the Court transcripts, I don't know if those quote marks around "Mein Fuhrer" are indicative of the remark being amended by the scribe.

it isnt the west though, you fucking genius

Anti-communist Poles already mentioned the extermination of Jews in 1942, so it's definitely not a communist invention.

>Because of the evidence.
What evidence ?
Better question....Who fucking cares ? That's the thing i don't understand. It's fake.
But let's say (for sake of argument) that all of it was real...
So what ? There's been countless genocides and horros throughout history...Why should Germans pay "reparations" eternally ? Do Turks pay reparations for Armenians ? How about Jews themselves , Should they pay reparations for what they're currently doing to their arab neighbors ?...

>evidence

I don't think the Germans pay any reparations anymore.

Yes, reports, memos, letters, photos, forensic evidence, you know, evidence.

nice circular logic there m8. also, don't you think your second point is a lot more reasonable than just outright saying the Holocaust was fake? (it's not btw however it definitely has been exaggerated and lots of myths have risen from it)

You obviously are just very bitter and don't know how to articulate it but to an outsider it's very clear what your bias is..

Did you know that there was almost a civil war in Israel over the question of accepting reparations from Germany?

It's not exaggerated. Please stop pretending you actually studied the holocaust.

>most of society are literal retards

genrally I agree with you but this belief you just expressed is the core of fascist ideology. People are not retards or benevolent (although I believe in that), it's the economic foundation of a society that dictates behaviour in the context of class struggle.

>than just outright saying the Holocaust was fake?
"A holocaust is a religious animal sacrifice that is completely consumed by fire. The word derives from the Ancient Greek holokaustos (ὁλόkαυστος from ὅλος "whole" and kαυστός "burnt", with rough breathing), which is used solely for one of the major forms of sacrifice."

There was no such thing during WW2...

haha dude epic

According to whom?

>I don't think the Germans pay any reparations anymore.
They still do...And their own kids are still forced to be brainwashed about the fake "6million" propaganda. This very thread is proof that it never stops...Hollywood keeps producing the same propaganda, over and over and over again...The more you repeat a lie, the more it becomes real.
I don't hate jews, i admire them to be honest. I just feel sad, disappointed at my own people...For how easy it is to manipulate, fool several generations of "goyim" cattle into having an irreparable guilt trip...It's so bad we've lost touch with reality and commiting our own genocide.

Maybe it's what jews always wanted as revenge for the humiliation they had to endure during WW2... It's a big price to pay...The European race is in danger...The entire continent is invaded by niggers in the name of "human rights", "antiracism", "tolerance", "equality",..."never again"...

All of it, all the suicidal ideologies stem from ww2. We no longer have our survival instincts or fighting for our own interests...

msz.gov.pl/resource/e7497fea-f446-4f82-80b1-169d609d697a:JCR

It's not fake so it's good if they teach them about the holocaust. Of course the real number of people murdered by the Nazis was much higher.

>It's not fake so it's good if they teach them about the holocaust. Of course the real number of people murdered by the Nazis was much higher.

6 million was mentioned before Hitler was in power.
It was mentioned in the 1910's, 1920's, 1930's...Well before Nazis were in power...
the nuremberg trial was a farce

go back to pol you nimrod

None of which exists.
No German reports.
No German memos.
No photographs of mass murder.
No ash pits or mass graves unearthed.
No forensic evidence of any kind. It is actually illegal to search for it.

The lampshades and soap stores are debunked and no longer accepted by mainstream Holocaust historians. Not even in Israel.

>They still do

the fuck they do. I am Greek.

>go back to pol you nimrod

So what? It was mentioned in the context of Jews living in Eastern Europe. And yes, some 6 million Jews lived there. Also, today most historians agree it was 5.7-5.9 million, not 6 million.

>How can you have a trial without facts or evidence
You can't. That's why thousands of documents, testimonies and other evidence was presented at Nuremberg trials.

loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/NT_Nazi-conspiracy.html
Every volume has more than 1000 pages.

>get all your "facts" from teachers and movies produced by teachers
>don't listen to any counter arguments
>come to the conclusion it definitely happened

How can you even have the ordacity to listen to one side then say people who listen to both sides and make an informed decision based on it are the retards.

You clearly haven't studied the history of holocaust because we have all of these.

holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2012/10/index-of-published-evidence-on.html

You post the same infographics every single nazi thread on Sup Forums

Whoops! Those five million goyim the Nazis also gassed? Turns out we made that up. We were afraid you gentiles wouldn't be sympathetic enough. We're so embarrassed.

But our own six million? That part's real.

I mean, how could we invent millions of victims? Impossible!

>You post the same infographics every single nazi thread on Sup Forums
Is this just a coincidence ? I wonder what drives so many into madness ? Poor innocent jews...

The Nazis never gassed five million non-Jews.

>Yehuda Bauer, an Israeli Holocaust scholar who chairs the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance, said he warned his friend Wiesenthal, who died in 2005, about spreading the false notion that the Holocaust claimed 11 million victims – 6 million Jews and 5 million non-Jews.

>“I said to him, ‘Simon, you are telling a lie,’” Bauer recalled in an interview Tuesday. “He said, ‘Sometimes you need to do that to get the results for things you think are essential.’”

You were always at war with Eurasia.

I'm not a Jew. More non-Jews than Jews died during the war, but they weren't gassed. The number is 6 million for Jews and some 7-8 million for non-Jews. Most of them were shot or starved to death (3 million Soviet prisoners of war, Leningrad population)