Hey Sup Forums let's read Another Castle!

Hey Sup Forums let's read Another Castle!

How is everyone doing tonight?

Why?

What's it about?

It seems to be a sword and sorcery affair with I think mostly female cast that might be that not so fresh but not so stale mantra of "A Damsel in Distress that doesn't need rescued." It's not the freshest concept but Princeless and Princess Ugg do a similar thing. The former more than the latter mind you.

It's neat because I was one of the 3 Oni books that were reader submissions, I think it's always a nice thing to read books like this because it let's people know that they too can make a comic something I like to remind myself of from time to time and what companies are looking for.

Oh hey, this is from the Zodiac Starforce people.

I genuinely think this artist is fucking great, even if that book wasn't otherwise all that good.

Better than that Princeless comic at least.

The other two were Space Battle Lunchtime and which one again?

I don't know man Mia Goodwin is a hell of an artist

You know I might be wrong, I saw this book in an article with Space Battle Lunchtime and Mighty Zodiac and I misread the article and ended up thinking those were the 3 but Mighty Zodiac has folks that have been in the industry for a while so I just don't know any more.

Okay. Where did you first come across this series?

It would be pretty funny and great if Badlug ended up being a really cool guy and she falls in love with him, taking over her fathers kingdom.

But I doubt it will do that. Probably just I DONT NEED NO MAN strong womyn saves the day story.

I mean in terms of writing.

I think Space Battle Lunchtime is the only contest winner they've published so far since both Another Castle and the Mighty Zodiac are made by people who already worked on the industry.

I've been seeing ads for it for a while now.

That's fair then yeah. Art wise I would put Mia against Paulina any day of the week.

That makes sense and I'm just a dumbo. God I hated Mighty Zodiac's first few issues. Just generic kung fu tropes attached to animals and called a day.

>and what companies are looking for.
this depresses me, because they selected... well... this
Also when a new video, dan? I watched most of your youtube channel the other day, it was fun. Glad you got the beard and left the pedostache

From just the title it sounds like this is going to be some shitty deconstruction made about someone being anal pained about mario.

From the art all I can do is barf, am I accurate?

Papyrus?

yes, this is really undermeme fanfic.

Dude I want to make another one but the chinese company I bought my wireless mic from is being a dick about customer service when their shit broke after like 2 uses. Now I make enough money to buy a new one but I'm a stickler for good customer service so I will keep up this back and forth for a while more I think. I have a wired lav mic that I could use but idk it looks much worse in my opinion. Also I have this series I want to do where a wireless will just work a lot better. I want to do a full Snotgirl review since I really do love that book.

hai Papyrus

Also to be fair this team has done decent work in the past so I think they deserve a fair shake.

>I want to do a full Snotgirl review since I really do love that book.
Fuck yes.
Snotgirl is pretty damn good.

Yeah, Mia Goodwin is fucking great. I've greatly enjoyed Tomboy.

That said, I don't know if I'll be reading this. As much as I enjoy the artist, I don't think I can stomach this generic, "Princess who don't need no saving," plot.

I think it is one of the best books on shelves right now next to Flintstones, Tomboy and Afterlife with Archie and Sabrina (which according to my LCS while on Hiatus is still planning SOMETHING)

I still think it's weird how SBL is the only submission they've published so far. Makes me wonder on the state of the other pitches (ie. how much work did the creators actually put into them before submitting). I mean for crying out loud, Riess had a webcomic to take care of and she still managed to churn out an 8 issue series, what's the other guys' excuse?

I do think Princess Ugg is the best comic with this type of plot but it does it completely differently.

It might be that they want to space them out or aren't sure how to market the others or maybe creator spats. It could be a lot of little shit.

No pics during storytime, user. Basic courtesy. Don't take offense
>Also to be fair this team has done decent work in the past so I think they deserve a fair shake.
Dunno man, I really disliked Zodiac. It was all over the place in story terms, and as an artist I'm not a big fan of this style. There's no contrasting colors, everything is so bright. It looks like a girls toy aisle. Even Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse uses darker colors when it's necessary.
I like Demon Lord Papyrus though.

Yeah but I think Paulina has always wanted that bombastic plastic look. It pops on the shelves and draws attention to the book and it COULD be used to contrast something incredibly dark, like if some of the shit in Tomboy happened with this art it would be a fun little juxtaposition.

Tomboy had a good color palette that didn't took away from the cuteness of the artstyle though.
Anyway, this book probably looks better on print. Seeing the digital version is too harsh on my eyes.

Oh I was not comparing the art to Tomboy, I was saying that if dark shit happened in a book with Paulina's art then it would be a nice juxtaposition. I was using Tomboy as an example for a book with dark shit

I am starting to grow an obsession with the artist for this.
I feel like I keep easily recognizing her work.

She has a distinct style

Roll Credits.

If ya still feel like storytiming more after this,
She did Zodiac Starforce and a very brief Element Woman short at the end of Shade The Changing Girl 4

Oh I know, I might do Starforce at some point, likely not tonight but it's on my list.

It's not the worst one but man I'm just tired of seeing this type of story. I feel like this is the modern version of the 90's anti-hero. Also the team does good work but man I can't stand the writer for his articles. His work makes me cringe so hard.