Why the fuck is Sup Forums going gaga for this all of a sudden...

Why the fuck is Sup Forums going gaga for this all of a sudden? I thought this was a giant piece melodramatic of shit written and drawn by a despicable cunt who doesn't understand anatomy, more prominently you guys hated it, and now you love it all of a sudden, what gives?

i like the cute cat and dog designs

>you guys hated it, and now you love it all of a sudden, what gives

I've like it for years in a love hate kind of way. My guess would be that for one reason or another the amount of anons who like it has managed to exceed the amount who hate it. Or the ones who hate it just stopped trying. Either way the internet echo chamber effect makes it seem like more people like it than actually do.

Cute art and melodrama I get to observe and not have to be a part of. It's like Degrassi with more cats and less school shootings.

I only found out about this comic about 3 weeks ago. It's cute and entertaining with likeable and relatable characters.

The author and their IRC is shilling it now, they're the ones creating the "general" and bumping it with images every time it would normally 404

The IRC for the comic isn't paying any bills so they're trying to promote it to get more furries into it so it makes more money

I'm glad I didn't have to make this thread myself. For what it's worth I'm right there with ya user. I can't really imagine how anyone outside of high school could really find any worth in this shit.

Remember when that weebshit show RWBY first came out? All the Sup Forums threads were just constantly laughing at and making fun of it. Then eventually fags who actually liked that show started moving into the threads. Same with this.

It's like that quote about how a group pretending to be idiots will eventually attract real idiots who think they're in good company. Except instead of pretending to be idiots it's just having threads about this weird furry comic.

The comic isn't even furry.

to be fair i remember reading this back when it started near my last year or so of high school so i guess it's kinda nostalgic in a weird way

Are you one of the forum refugees? Are you the one of the anons who posts about how butthurt they still are about the old community? If so, we get it. I wasn't there, but I also read the BCW page, and I get it. Taeshi is a lolcow and can't run a community forum. It's better to make a thread for each page as it's released and discuss it Sup Forums style with suitcase occasionally coming in to shill. Where else are we gonna discuss webcomics? There's a niche of webcomic readers and all the posters for them are probably all the same group of people, and it's allowed to be discussed here. Yes, the art is crap, but we're all suckers for teen melodrama and cats suffering. Now don't make threads like this, the mods let us have one, this is gonna get deleted pretty soon.

it really isent, the comic finally got some momentum going again for it after years of stagnation, but the only people who care the the same 40 fags circle jerking in the general shilled by the bipolar bitch and her draconic handler

>likeable and relatable characters

This is one of the most poorly written dramafics I've ever read and you're seriously going to post that? Just because it's sad doesn't mean they're relatable or likable, I swear once the story actually gets rolling someone starts crying every other goddamn update, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about just read a few of the most recent pages, it's honestly the most ridiculous fucking shlock ever.

I also read it back in high school, but as my tastes matured even I realized this comic sucks. I'll tolerate a lot of lame shit out of nostalgia, but BCB kinda sails past my limits.

The characters are all shitty people so I await for their doom

daisy is fine

If you say so. Sill like them.

That's funny user. Real funny.

her only flaw is insecurity

checkmate

Why don't they wear pants? Seriously, why the fuck do some people wear full sets a clothes and some just wear an accessory of some sort the character designs look like they were drawn by a 2007 era furry/wolfaboo, fucking furthia high and concession concession is honestly the worst furshit webcomic I've ever read, I know you guys think BCB is bad but woah dude, someone needs to storytime that shit sometime gave its characters clothes

Synopsis?

It's okay to like things that are shitty, user. I still hold a certain fondness for Concession, but I'm damn sure not going to call it well-written.

is that why this shit has been going on?

Teen drama comedy with cats and dogs
ok. No this is not intended to be snarky

>I still hold a certain fondness for Concession

How?

Don't talk about concession

>Teen drama """""""comedy""""""" with cats and dogs

FIFY, shill.

it's a comedy in that it's funny how bad the characters are

But what about twokinds

It's just so fucking terrible and absurd that thinking back on it is a good way to make myself laugh and brighten my day.

Also the changes to the site's CSS to coincide with some of the weirder events was genuinely clever and something I wish more webcomics would do.

>this
>concession
>furthia high
>twokinds

Do furries just have an inability to write good characters, stories, and drama? The only one objectively good furry webcomic is probably Lackadaisy, which could honestly get a pass on art alone in my book, and maybe Prequel but that's really pushing it, both on if it's a furry webcomic and if it's any good. Are there any actual good furry webcomics? I love anthros when they're done right, they can be so much more fun than just drawing regular people but fucking hell people can rarely ever get it right.

Then why do I still fucking hate all of them? Well written bad characters go like this, you hate the things they do but you still like them. Every single one of them is unbearable and poorly written. Quit with this fucking excuse

It's shit dude.

I've heard Endtown is good, but I can't confirm that personally because I hate the artstyle.

Poppy O'Possum is also pretty good, although it's dead ATM.

honestly because none of the characters develop very much if at all, at least from what i've read

>paulo gets a chapter where he's acknowledges that he's a dick and wants to be less of a dick
>next chapter has him being a big dick

this can be said for most of the main cast desu

Taeshi doesn't consider herself furry, and furries have berated her for not drawing her characters more furry-like. But obviously Taeshi can't change her drawing style because she can barely draw at all. She didn't design characters to be furry. She made cartoon animal characters when she was like twelve and just kept rolling with it.

Can you point out some webcomics with better written melodrama? I have a problem.

David did nothing wrong.

>and furries have berated her for not drawing her characters more furry-like.

Haha what? They're not fuckable enough or something in the cutesy look?

same here, i'm just waiting for everything to go wrong for all of them

>Well written bad characters go like this, you hate the things they do but you still like them.

What really makes a well written bad character work (in a comedy series) is the world round them. People like bad characters as long as they don't prevail; when the universe seems to continuously shit all over someone, it makes you root for them and potentially even identify with them on some level, even when they deserve it. Always Sunny is probably the best example of this.

If things are constantly going a bad character's way, it makes you hate them. It makes their world seem unfair and shitty, and kills any desire to immerse yourself into it.

>concession
it's been a while since i heard about it, i agree it's the worst webcomic i have read but i don't know if it is storytime worthy because it makes no sense

Indeed, but the BCB cast is chock full of mary sues who never learn a goddamn thing.

he just wants to see the world burn

it's too slow for them to learn anything

Fetish fags

I've never read Bittersweet Candy Bowl before, but I've been following the updates posted here for the past few weeks because I wanna see Augustus fuck the suicidal chick

The people from the dead forums and the creators are pushing it. I know because I've seen people writing emoticons, they're clearly new.

It's on /trash/ because Sup Forums mods hate it, just like many other things.

we all used to agree it was crappy but good and threads where short and few
now that tumblr runs this place, well its a furry comic about teenage drama.

I'm giving it a go but I'm a little disturbed by the fact that after about a hundred pages it hammers in that emo cat has an unhealthy fixation on ponytail cat, something I know from the recent threads has not resolved....1500 pages later.

Suitcase started coming to Sup Forums so Sup Forums is sweet for it now

Makes sense. The creators often utilize their IRC clubmates to spread their word and help with comic stuff

Endtown is GOOD
Poppy is also good (come back Morbi!!!)

Suitcase has always lurked and occasionally posted on Sup Forums though, his presence here is nothing new or special.

It's a horrible webcomic (don't let the IRC shills fool you into thinking otherwise) and I hate all the characters and its cunt writers, but I keep reading it for some unknowable reason. I think I've gone stir-crazy because I haven't been able to shitpost about Poppy or Lackadaisy in 6 months since they're both dead as fuck and never get threads. I need help.

We should all read Questionable Content and Dumbing of Age instead

We all do, user. We all do.

And then I wanna see Mike and Paulo cry about it.

Is blaming the IRC guys the new Sup Forums thing now?

>I need help.
Don't fool yourself.

zootopia made furries mainstream again

or something

someone post a link or the last panel to that doujin where the line "a cat is fine too" came from

While i like Poppy Opossum i dislike how much morbi shoves his lesbo fetish with each character

the IRC guys admitted that's what it was. This is being done to gain audience

I always knew those IRC guys were fiends. One of them has a piss fetish

I doubt Zootopia had any effect on the popularity of anthro entertainment in Sup Forums

>Why the fuck is Sup Forums going gaga for this all of a sudden?
Because of the recent tryhard "death" thing. Even the "fans" admit the creator is desperate as shit because nobody cares about this webcomic and recent panels are a desperation move.

Some people like it, some don't. Sup Forums isn't one person. Personally I just read it for the same reason I read Dreaming of Utopia, to see where it goes. It's like playing Drakengard, everything is awful but you can't really turn away out of curiosity.

bronies getting tired of /mlp/?

she deserves it for being vapid

Oh fuck off, at leat our show is just cleam and stupid instead of tryng to be the vision of how a forever teenage gilr see the world working

The reason why Sup Forums is going gaga all over this is because a main character just returned to the series after several years(9 months in story) of her absence. The drama as been slowly building up to explode at her inevitable return.

what the fuck "going gaga" even means? is this a forced meme?

It's a colloquialism...?

The reason why it's good is because the simplistic style allows Taeshi to draw lots of art and keep the comic on time, while still allowing her to experiment with various techniques to express the same style. While I dislike when those techniques change, I still find it interesting.

Storywise the characters fit their tropes, but still manages to reverse those tropes on themselves. The tsundere gets eventually called on her violence, while the jerk with an heart of gold gets called on being a jerk and his flirting. The biggest flaw with this comic is that the characters don't seem to actually learn their own lessons and keep doing the same mistakes, which is all well for the drama.

I think the biggest point that sells this comic is the huge ammount of drawn art by the author on Candybooru and Extras, either as simple references, absurd amount of shipping, the babies that result from said shipping and entire AU comics where the characters get further developed(including the polygamy ending which you can see on the image).

Before you ask, i'm neither on the IRC(which I heard here that it's cancer) or the author(which are SJWs, but don't seem to be the vile kind of SJWs).

that means it doesn't mean anything?

Sue literally dindu nuffin

Sue is the best character.

I stopped reading because the comic really became Degrassi. All the characters are vile and that's not entertaining, it's just excruciating

The main character/plot came back, so everyone's reading again.

What? We've been waiting to find out what happened for ages now, I don't think it was tryhard or out of place, and it was pretty heavily implied by the fact she was in the hospital the chapter before she left. This wasn't out of nowhere, dude.

Why is a large portion of Sup Forums suddenly so adamantly against the idea that -anybody- could POSSIBLY like this comic? That, not only are people enjoying it, but don't seem to be ashamed of it.
And because its cartoon anthropomorphised animals, like Looney Tunes, anyone reading it must be deep, deep within the furry fandom.

Someone either makes a thread or repeatedly posts in the BCB "general" asking why and how anyone is enjoying this, and expecting them to explain themselves like "oh well its just light fluff haha" or "yeah its TOTALLY SHIT but guilty pleasure lol", because "shit, I'm a sucker for cute visuals and melodrama" just never seems to cut it.

I not upset in any way that people don't like it - thats expected - I'm just failing to understand this sudden anguish and mock-confusion over the fact people like this teen-drama with cats and dogs.

Its likely either autism or people feeling embarrassed that they're enjoying BCB when they check it out briefly and so they lash out

We get a lot of vengeful people from the so-called "old forum days" of BCB ragging on either the comic or the creators every update-thread, I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of them since its known the creators visit Sup Forums often.

>Why the fuck is Sup Forums going gaga for this all of a sudden?
Main character in the comic has finally returned, now a single thread is made every 2 days and modestly populated, hardly staining Sup Forums's archive at all.
Relax, m'man

Stop liking what I don't like syndrome?

Yeah. people complain about a BCB thread being created ONCE for each update. Meanwhile, there are entire GENERALS made for the sole purpose of shitting on one fandom or another.

>IRC
Ha. Trust me when I say that it's not the IRC kids pushing these threads. They're neurotically incapable of being more than hangers-on in them, and they're usually cussed out because of their autism.

The real answer is that when the story picked up again with huge developments, some random user started creating regular threads with goofy gimmicks to gain attention, and Sup Forums's closet fans organically kept them alive. The content of the latest chapter seems to have attracted new readers along the way ("Why is this girl trying to kill herself?"). The creators have always been known to lurk Sup Forums and jump in every once in a while.

It got better, like really good later on

Also, it is interesting to see how it evolved from a shitty sketchy 2006 cat comic into a professional web comic.

I mean, there's Housepets but it's not stellar, just passably good.

I've been on Sup Forums for probably +5 years now and didn't hear about this comic till last month or so. It's probably just being exposed to a lot of new people.

What I love about it personally are how expressive the faces are. It's something that in my own art needs improvement.

Emo cat likes daisy
Mike likes ponytail cat

you seem rather mixed up

She doesn't understand anatomy, or even proportions at all, but I think the characters are still cute and aesthetically pleasing regardless, so honestly no harm no foul

I've been on Sup Forums for a little longer than I've been reading BCB. I'm happy it has threads now because there hasn't been an optimal place to discuss it until now and the IRC is garbage.

It's cute, I want to see how the story ends, and the author has started doing some genuinely interesting things with the format that I enjoy.

I've never read the webcomic because I never heard of it and it was only brought to light with the recent death of a character thing. As an outsider looking in many people that actually read this have made the same remarks I stated in my OP post, even further breaking down the specific set of panels like "why is she posed like that when she has this particular wound?" and so on. I was even replied to by several viewers saying they know it's a desperation move and that viewership is low, also acknowledgement that the creator is batshit insane or the sorts.

Honestly, if everyone in BCB had more detailed or realistic anatomy, whether human or feline, it would look awful and uncanny. Its cute, plushy style is a big part of its appeal.
Check out fanart on the Booru to see why "better anatomy" doesn't suit the characters

This. I vastly prefer the cutesy style. When things start looking more realistic it gets weird/creepy

It's not a desperation move when it was foreshadowed three years ago? She didn't die, this was a clear flashback to what happened and we knew she was fine the while time. You don't know what the fuck you're posting about.

yuckeroo

Look it's obvious you're a big fan of this but don't try to damage control for the creator, it's fine to accept something has faults. This isn't some fucking "all according to plan Jigsaw master plan" shit, I've seen the threads and the reader's reactions, I've looked through the comic, stop being butthurt.

Her "death" happened like 4 years ago IRL (9 months in the comic), and we never saw what happened. It was a school morning, and the teacher announced "Lucy won't be at this school any more".
Half the chapter happening right now is a flashback, told after Lucy came back to the school.