The Martian

Is it any good?

yes

literally quips: the movie
6/10

It's fucking terrible. It's Reddit: The Movie.

goofy take on Apollo 13 kinda

It's pretty good. People here hate on it though because campy humour offends edgy teenagers' intelligence

It's not bad a you should be happy for any sci-fi FLICK out there. Also, mommy-fu.

Its alright. Forgettable (like all modern cinema) but alright.

Pretty pretty pretty good
Matt Damon's surprisingly decent

>*looks directly into the camera*
>I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this

It's alright, the ending is shit though. Watney does something that in the book he specifically mentions and then is told it's retarded.
The book characterises the crew more and lets them succeed in rescuing him, so it's not just Watney is the greatest man to ever live, the movie.

Book is better but the movie was still enjoyable.

Read the book. He faces far more problems. Ending was better as well.

>Casting Jeff Daniels as head of fucking NASA.

One of many reasons it was a fucking awful movie.

It's pretty good. But it does feel a bit like extruded film product. Playing it safe. Normie pleaser. Studio product. Despite being an adaptation.

It's Hollywood.

I watched this and spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy I'm marooned on Mars, better quip lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place.

In all seriousness though, it was reddit trash and Ridley is a massive hack who needs to be stopped.

>The LOTR council of elron joke with sean bean in the room
FORCED AS FUCK

Americans are unbearable sometimes

It's stupidly overrated but it's a fun popcorn movie. Idk why it got nominated for Best Picture and why people think it's some kind of smart scientific thriller, but it's pretty solid and Damon does a good job as the main character. Only thing that bugged me about the movie was that it had no real payoff or tension, it just felt like a movie where a guy did stuff in space. But as far as stuff in space goes, it's pretty decent.

So is anyone gonna mention NASA is hebrew for 'to decieve'?

quips and talking with food in their mouths: the movie: the powerpoint: the novella: the BBC series

it was in the books

sean bean casting seemed to be entirely down to wanting to play that joke.

I enjoyed it

people on this board hate every movie ever made.

The Martian is a good movie

Too many space movies are about disaster and they are all depressing and dramatic and reinforce the idea that "space is dangerous". The Martian aimed to be more optimistic with a message of "Yeah space is dangerous but humans can do anything we set our mind to." I liked that it was different in that regard.