How can anyone fail this hard in making a show?

How can anyone fail this hard in making a show?

This whole thing feels like a parody of souless streotypical 2012 era tumblr art .

Pretty solid way to describe it. The creators were fucking hacks and I don't think they even knew where they were going with this show.

I actually kinda liked the pilot, but then episode 1sucked ass.

the last episode was actually decent

the problem is that the whole thing ends up feeling like a pilot because the general concept isn't explained until the end

I wouldn't mind this getting more since now we know its the adventures of the Bee the female astroboy and Puppycat the space prince

much better than lonely girl and cute pet

It's me or these type or are these so called "Tumbr artists" becoming a dying breed?

I see less and less of this simplistic colourful Adventure Time like art as time goes by.

It's 2017, user. We're on the latter edge of the decade, and while you can argue a lot about the "tumblr" artstyle, one thing people can generally agree on is that it was a very 2010s thing.

So when did it die?

What was the point of it?

Money

>streotypical 2012 era tumblr art .

When it looked its best it was more like a late 60s manga style with modern color palettes.

fuck you i liked it

Rocky start but still has potential, last episode was good. It's a cute, chill, show. It's very azn-japanese-y though.

>shit
>taste
Turd chuggers like you should be branded so everyone knows how retarded you are

It was multiple elements:
generation raised off cute anime old enough to be animators
Adventure Time's success and attempts to copy
Social media developing->first nostalgia wave
Emo/Scene phases + easier to get drugs nowadays
Access to studying "Disney" tutorials leading to homogenized styles
Tumblr users enabling bad drawing and praising it
Literal shit-tier taste also

But what caused the decline and death?

Liberals and sjw made the style popular so it started to become associated with them. So when they all started going crazy people started to hate the style.

Also over abundance of the style.

Oversaturation.
When a style is used to much, it becomes unlikeable and cheap, it happens to almost everything in the art and design field.

It was a fad style left in the early 2010's, just like the shows before it. All the artists who want to make grow have to move on from that look. Many of these people use the same resources/tutorials and have the same taste (fandoms are stronger than ever through media) so no wonder their art comes out looking the same, thus the "tumblr" style. It'll be something else with a new generation of kids in the next decade. Hopefully another renaissance for animation soon.

>another renaissance

nah we are do for another dark age

give it 3 years for all the good show currently running to end and nothing new will come around to replace them

the only shows even talked about for this year are movie shows like Big Hero 6 and the only slightly good show to come out last year was The Loud House and I think that being the highest quality new show speaks volumes

it's embarrassing. Eventually we'd have exhausted all plot lines and predictable jokes. Even now it feels like shows have to catch up or reference info that became "viral" on the internet which makes the writing feel weak anyways.

Also don't forget the chiptune music that used to be popular back then and is featured in BaP.

Fuck, why the fuck are millenials such unimaginative childish pieces of shit?

Wow I think nostalgia does fuck shit up. While it is reinventing things it's just rehashing ideas that went out of style already. I have friends like that who take photos with polaroids even though they look poor quality and are more expensive to buy film for. It's stupid.

I think the problem with Bee and Puppycat is that it tries too hard to be zany in a low paced way like some Japanese comedies, but most audiences aren't used to this. That and the fucking show takes a million years to explain anything.

The only way there'd be another season would be another kickstarter and we all know how that went
And even if it got funded they probably wont talk about the plot again until the last episode

Go read the comics maybe?

I wouldn't mind another experimental age to be honest.

when the scientist in adventure time popped out of her suit and the character matched that how to recognize a tumblr character chart perfectly i wanted to shoot myself
hopefuly the indusrty can move on and start looking for tlent somewhere else because there is none in tumblr

Got a pic? I'm having trouble finding one through Google.

it was never a good style to begin with, people got sick of it simple as that
disneys work is still present everywhere 50 years after his death, adventure time was just trendy

>thinking that something old will run out without something new to replace it
Seriously? Just watch, Ren and Stimpy style will make a comeback soon.

honestly we need more adult cartoons
adult cartoons are so insanely popular that mcfarlane clones last 3 seasons
also more people should watch adult swim

only pic i could find

>pilot released in 2013 has art reminiscent of 2012

I'm not following your criticisms here

jesus christ, it even looks like he has Vitiligo

>streotypical 2012 era tumblr art

thicc as fuck

You know I just realized something

In Japanese animus they have characters with "chuunibyou" sometimes, characters who do stupid shit like wear capes and eyepatches because it "looks cool"

To some extent similar things exist among 20-somethings and have existed for a while obviously.

But in the case of tumblr it's literally an unholy mishmash of ugly hairstyles, dumb clothes and feminism that teen and 20-something women think are cool. Oh yeah and being fat, that's also "cool" since it nets you sympathy points from their retarded community.

Why does America exist? Why does the West exist? Why does a world where women think looking like shit to spite men they've never met is "cool"? If they were going to be autistic then why couldn't God make it so they would be the semi-endearing kind of autism that Japanese girls have, instead of some strange admiration for acting like a bulldyke. Truly the West is shit.

She user
It's a she

Right. Of course. How silly of me.

The Japanese thing is a bit or miss but I get your point
The problem with Tumblr and the problem with feminism is that when you base your whole culture in we are not them, look how much we are not them then you can't make anything good because things need more reason to exist than to show how much you can deviate from the norm while still being inoffensive

>"And then you'll blow up"

Except that most people don't give a duck to sjw war on the Internet.

Most adult cartoons are just non-live action sitcoms that don't take advantage of the medium, I don't see why we need anymore of that.

You are a millennial.

You complain like a millennial.

Yeah, we need something different.

Maybe the new season of Samurai Jack will be the start of a new age. And then Milky Way bars will rain from the heavens.

I didn't say we need more of that but it isn't a strech for the family Guy and South park audience to get into Rick and Morty
Clearly adult shows and by that I mean teenagers are more popular than kids shows, if you start making more adult swim shows and you market them right then you won't have the problem of pedwiepie taking away your audience

I think part of the problem is that people don't steal shit right anymore. Artists of all types have been stealing shit since forever, but the good ones always hid it in the context of their own creations. These days, people reference older things but don't hide it because "REMEMBER SPEED RACER LOL" nostalgia bait.

I remember liking the mystery behind Puppycat. Bee was tolerable in the pilot (almost), but in the final episodes she was just outright annoying. They cranked it up too much and I'm surprised no one from the staff saw how terrible she turned out to be instead.

Same here. I would actually say I loved it. I teared up a little watching the last ep. Never seen anything quite like it.