Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

And no, the Netflix cringe series doesn't look good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off, 2nd film was good

He's too edgy

>he thinks the punisher (2004) wasnt good

Tomas Jane one was great you mong

>thomas jane
>not good

confirmed faggot

thanks for explaining what what cucknisher meant. i never would have put that together.

I enjoy how you took the word punisher and changed it to cuck for no reason. that was great. your use of the word cringe is also very impressive.

great thread op. keep it up!

Afraid to take the character too seriously. If they make a movie based on the MAX setting it will be something else. But can't blame them, it's basically death and torture glorification pron movie if they do it right. The punisher isn't exactly someone who talks much so showing him stalking his prey for a long time, preparing his hits etc, without saying a word is a challenge (unless they add a shitty inner monologue). Only experienced filmmakers can pull that off and none of them will touch this subject.

All 3 of them are good for different reasons

>90s Punisher
Cheap, generic action movie. Unintentionally hilarious because of Dolphs terrible acting and goofy action
>'04 Punisher
Decent Punisher story. Tom Jane was a great Frank Castle. Cool action. Took itself way too seriously though
>Punisher War Zone
Total campy schlock. Over the top gore and action. World of the Punisher is gritty and somewhat interesting. Weak script and strapped budget forced them to cut a lot of corners

I unironically enjoy all 3 but this whole mystique of "getting the character of the Punisher right" is total nonsense. He is a crazy asshole who shoots people and refuses to work with superheroes; constantly blurring the line between justice and insanity. He isn't a very complex character. You can have a little fun with it

I think what you're looking for is Death Wish starring Charles Bronson. That's the only true version of the Punisher ever put to film

This 110% spot on sempai

Punisher War Zone feels a lot like a Punisher MAX series. At least tonally. I just think it just went too over the top in a few places

I'll always give credit to Lexi Alexander tho. She really didn't have the slightest idea what to do with the character but really wanted to make it right so she spent months on a Punisher forum talking to comic fans about how to make a good Punisher film. I wish somebody had did that with Ghost Rider

DD season 2 was already half Punisher, what did you think of that?

Not him but I'm going to cum blood if the Netflix is going to be half as good as Ennis' run.

>inb4 muh Ennis

It was great and you know it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
Dirty Laundry was perfect.

The Punisher is my second favorite super hero behind Superman. There can be a good amount of depth brought out of Frank sometimes. Sure, he murders criminals and it's dumb, gory fun. But sometimes he shows sympathy and empathy towards prostitutes and drug addicts. He learned to like the the people who lived in his appartment building even though they were degenerate criminals and when his neighbor was brutally tortured and still all hunky dory, he went out and killed everyone who tortured a person who he considered a friend.

He's also just tremendously edgy and I love it.

Oh, and his love for Captain America during the Civil War comics is great character building. Him saving Spiderman after Spiderman tried to stop him from killing a dozen or so Marvel villains was great too.

>Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher)

Are you 12? Oh, wait this is a comic book show. I'll show myself out.

Wat

Doesnt Max have him monologuing constantly tho? I remember him narrating what he was going to do to the mobsters in the first couple of issues at least.

Thomas Jane was amazing as The Punisher.

That being said, I think a lot of these asshole writers and directors haven't opened up a comic book a day in their lives...they fundamentally didn't understand the character.

War Zone

I get that the movie is about 10 years old and would have given you nightmares when it came out but you can watch it now.

Buttblasted Cucknisher fans detected.

I want something like The American in hit preparation and minimalist dialogue, just a shit ton more violent when it comes to the action.

War Zone was actually the single greatest adaptation of a comic book into a film in history. it's a good movie and if you disagree, i think you don't appreciate the source material.