The Dark Knight

What went so right in this movie? Why is it still considered to be the best super hero movie ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=p-PfEE5kveE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but that's not saying much, since literally ever other super hero movie is fucking shit, and somehow people keep going to see them. no fucking taste.

Spiderman 2 still exists. But yes it's easily the best DC superhero movie to date.

down to earth, not Avangers-tier capeshitfest
batman uses detective methods
great blend of special effects and CG
serious tone, not laughable MCU-like
etc etc

Nolan in his prime with a Heat Legend who literally gave his life for this role.

>TDK
>best super hero movie ever
Can't tell if bait or reddit.

that's mediocre garbage

>>
It's great but I don't think it's as good as Snyder's DC movies

Reminds me of the similarties between Heat and The Dark Knight. Both of them open up with a heist scene and had a similar scene where the protagonist and antagonist talk to each other in the middle of the movie. Also gunfight in streets.

Why is it the only super hero movie in the top 10 on IMDB?

What I don't understand is why is this movie loved and Spiderman 3 hated, when they suffer from the same plot/story issues. In fact, the shoehorning of Two Face in TDK was 100 times worse than that of Venom in Spiderman 3. And add to that "hello beautiful", and that 20 story fall onto the car and Bruce and Rachel just walk away.

TDK is overrated (but still good), and Spiderman 3 gets trashed too much for being a decent movie. I still like TDK more, but the double standard because some downunder poofter junkie that was a mediocre actor dies, does not automatically wash away the crap parts and holes in it.

Venom had 10 minutes of screen time. Two Face had at least 40 minutes, yeah both totally shoehorned

health ledger aka good acting.

if he wasnt in that movie, it wouldn't be half as good

The difference was that Two Face was the ace card of Joker, his own creation which he played against the Batman. He broke down Harvey Dent and turned him against everything he stood for.
>You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Harvey Dent foreshadowed his own fate in the beginning of the movie.Venom and Sand man were two separate villains which just ended up together somehow with not much relation between them. That was the main difference.Both Batman and Joker were fighting for the soul of Gotham, and Dent embodied that, that's why Dent character was so important than Venom.

Because it was a post-9/11 parable. It was such an important film for that era. It resonated with audiences and made us reflect on our collective psychic trauma.

I like Marvel films for what they are but the simple fact is that they will never offer us the kind of fearless social introspection we got in The Dark Knight, which was cathartic and challenging in equal measures. It expressed our pain but also gave it meaning and a place. By the end of the film, we have faced humanity’s darkness, embodied by the Joker, but we have also found a way to accept it through Batman’s bittersweet triumph.

Talking about when both characters turn villain, you actually could switch those numbers and be way more accurate. Two Face has like three scenes.

>He broke down Harvey Dent
The most anti-crime, pro-justice boy scout (their words) was turned into a villain by the Joker in a two minute conversation. Yeah, that's way worse than Eddie Brock's catharsis.

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

>gf dead
>face half burnt
>betrayed by the very people he trusted and was fighting for
>constantly in pain

Yeah two minute conversation was enough. He was already on edge at that point. The Joker just gave a little push, that's all.

you're not even trying to be subtle

>What went so right in this movie?
Ledger died right before it came out so it got overrated.

Imagine if Gal Gadot died a week before Wonder Woman premiered, the movie would be 50x more overrated than it already is.

are every burger this level of homo?

Im not the user your replying to but that is kinda crap, or it was for me.

Look at the Punisher, loses everything, left for dead but goes vigilante instead and gets the bastards.

Dent joins with the Joker who basically put him in that situation.

Sorry if I operate on a slightly higher level of analysis and see things in the older theatrical tradition where characters are symbolic figures. But that's what is plainly presented to us in a film like The Dark Knight, and you don't need to be a 'homo' to see it.

I know you're idea of a good 'hetero' film opinion is

>I liked the bit where Iron Man punched the Hulk.

Not everybody reacts in the same way if same stuff happens to them. Dent was already a bit unhinged and had a dark side as shown when he was torturing that Joker goon in the movie.He was called 2 face for a reason.

I found it incredibly fucking boring when I tried to watch it a second time.

>That bullet examination scene.

Jesus fuck.

Man of Steel is the best superhero movie. Right up there with Iron Man 1

I read Nolan wanted to hold off on Harvey's transformation into Two-Face until the 3rd film and make him the primary villian. Honestly it would make the trilogy's nareitve much better concluding it with a man who was a major protaganist in TDK and examing him turning evil a la Big Boss from MGS in contrast to Batman who stays good

Imagine that. Baneposting wouldn't fucking exist.

good thing that didn't happen otherwise we would not get pic related.

>Imagine if Gal Gadot died a week before Wonder Woman premiered, the movie would be 50x more overrated than it already is.
This. The number of people who unironically believe the Dark Knight is the greatest superhero film of all time is literally baffling.

It's not a good superhero movie because there's almost no actual superheroics and what is there is terrible.

It's a good crime thriller though, but only because of Heath's performance and Nolan really lucked out with the character of the Joker, because when you write him as doing completely non-sensicle elaborate bullshit plans that would be impossible to actually set-up it works since the guy just does whatever's funny at the time.

>Sorry if I operate on a slightly higher level of analysis
Please kill yourself.

>Dent joins with the Joker
Nope.

ill take nolan batman trilogy over marvels "joke every 5 minutes" movie any day

Why was Ewan Yafrens only mentioned in the opening? Was he meant to show up later in the film?

>The number of people who unironically believe the Dark Knight is the greatest superhero film of all time is literally baffling.
What is then?

It's not as good as Batman Returns.

There's tempo in this movie and it never goes away, mostly thanks to the music which is always present

Because it had an interesting villain and a good tone. Keep in mind that this was back in 2008 and before the over-saturation of all kinds of capeshit. Didn't feel like capeshit; felt more like a thriller that just happened to have batman and joker.

that said, it's far from perfect. It has the same signature "nolan dialogue" that plagues TDKR, although less-so. I also feel like the movie is too long, does a poor job of shoehorning in Two-Face as a secondary antagonist, and it should've ended with capturing the Joker but instead has to have a 2nd climax/ending due to the Two-Face stuff.

>IMDB
Reddit confirmed.

The one-step-ahead terrorist/anarchist/serial killer is always engaging (Phone Booth, Zodiac, Se7en). Add impressive setpieces and it's better

>"nolan dialogue"
in which part?

'no'

Because most movies are so bad most people actually think it's good.

Begins > TDKR > TDK

That's a tough one. Can't pick one because they're not direct competitors

Double bait post

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but the whole thing. The part that sticks out the most to me is "NO MORE DEAD COPS!" and "YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD". Again, just minor examples and it's overall nowhere near as wooden and out of place as in TDKR, but it's there.

Not that user but you go kill yourself asswipe, don't see you adding anything to this board.

>TDKR > TDK
just no

>why is Spider-Man 3 hated

What was so good about Begins? It's hardly as memorable as TDKR or TDK

>IMDB
Reddit please take your pleb opinions and go

>What went so right in this movie? Why is it still considered to be the best super hero movie ever?
I judge movies by the amount of flaws they have, not only the good parts.
In the "good" department, this movie is a good movie. Nothing revolutionary about it - Batman Begins and Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 predate it as "good" CBMs after all. Music is ok, the villain is interesting and drives the plot forward by constantly throwing a wrench in everyone's plans (Batman is pretty passive in this movie but if you look at it from Joker's POV, he basically carries it himself)
But in the "bad" department, the movie is LITERALLY FLAWLESS. LITERALLY. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE THING THE MOVIE DOES WRONG. Seriously, try to name at least one.

>hospital scene where he turns
>bar scene
>car scene
>alley scene
>multiple scenes with gordo and batman near the end

lol btfo

>mostly thanks to the music
this

Bateman's character development

Begins >>> TDKR > TDK

people took the lip licking edge bait, in the real world it was shit
russian hackers memed it to imdb top10 then it became a self sustaining meme

A long time ago, I was in Burma.
My friends and I was working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious tangerines.
But their caravans were being raided in a forrest north of Rangoon by a bandit.
So we went looking for the tangerine.
But in 6 months, we never met anyone who had been trading with him.
One day, I saw a child playing with a tangerine the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

nolan literally said it wasn't dude
I don't know what else you need to convince you otherwise

>go see tdk with buddy when it comes out
>as we leave I ask him I who the next villain will be
>without skipping a beat my friend goes bane it'll be bane trust me
>I say no way in hell would bane be in these
>friend goes trust me it'll be bane

How the fuck did he do it

Not OP but Spiderman 2 is

Heath Ledger. That's literally all the movie has going for it.

It's not that bad desu
Best capes.hit movies are in no particular order Spider.man 1-3, Iron man, Civil War, Ave.ngers 2, Winter Soldier, The first Ave.nger, Logan, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
Do you think there is a better capesh.it movie than those?
>B.vS
Lol, go back to led.dit
>capes.hit is always bad
Regardless of your opinion of the genre, surely you understand that there are different tiers of ca.peshit movies, right?
Edit: What the fuck spamfilter

>5 minutes
more like 30-45 seconds

Dredd

nah, it isn't

loved those little bits by Alfred.

him

has a colossally boring 2nd act

>Spider-man 3
>Civil War
>Avengers 2
>Cap 1
all shit

Based Urban. The fact that his helmet never comes off is so awesome. Why is he good in almost anything he does. LOtR, CoR, Dredd. I kinda want to watch Thor to see Urbans role

Well it is the Comic hero film indeed, but Nolan intended to make good film noir film with what he had given just like the way whole notion of DC started.

I have a horrible tendency to mix him up with Kyle Chandler. I don't know why.

Kiriyama is best villain

>I haven't seen them so I'll shitpost (literally) just out of spite!
Sad!

The roastie thot was a more villainous villain

i've seen them and they are objectively bad. not the user you're replying to by the way.

have you considered that you're a fucking brainlet?

Dude I have seen them, they're shit

Honestly? For me it's probably a tie between Spider Man 2, Man of Steel, and the Incredibles. They're all superb in different ways and aren't too comparable.

Name ONE superhero movie better than Civil War that isn't mentioned here

>Why is it still considered to be the best super hero movie ever
it's not, so i don't know how to answer that question

Dredd

dubs and I watch Civil War right now

mah nigga

>actually reasonable villain
>better dialogue
and this point too:
youtube.com/watch?v=p-PfEE5kveE
>2:37

Your pic answers your question.

Spiderman 2 is utter garbage. Literally Thor-tier.

>despite being a superhero movie it still feels grounded in reality and more like a crime thriller
>exceptional cast except maybe rachael who dies anyway
>absolute blowout performance by Heath, ausfags are the best actors in the world
>dark and serious tone, the interrogation scene is absolute kino
>as sad as it was, Heath's death really did create great marketing

>plebs here actually like this fedora fest
ugh

This feller is actually correct about blah blah TDK and post 9/11 implications. Academics have written critiques / dissertations / analyses of it that echo the general idea. Even if Nolan didn’t intend to, we’re all living in a post 9/11 world after the event, so you can’t escspe creating shit under its influence in a sense. Whether artist or audience

IMDB you say? It must be quality.

Because of heat legends death.

If we're stretching the definition of "superhero" to include Dredd then we might as well cut to the chase and include Road To Perdition, which wins the contest easily.

>heath ledger died so we could have baneposting
Wow, what a man

He doesn't get much time in Thor but the time he gets is pretty solid.

Im willing to suspend belief a lot but having Venom fall to earth and land conveniently on Spider-man was the dumbest, laziest piece of shit writing in all of capeshit

>9/11 world
More like 9/11 America. Face the fact that the rest of the world doesn't care about your self-made "tragedy".

I’m not gung-ho America by any means, but you’re being close minded if you don’t think the events of 9/11 are connected to the rise of Islamic extremism and ISIS on practically every continent. Not saying 9/11 was the starting point for everything, but it’s a notable historical event on an international level. And not because muh 3000 civilian deaths