youtube.com/watch?v=S-XFL78aG2s
youtube.com/watch?v=3mvKNS9OUZI
youtube.com/watch?v=2-ujTjBSqsk&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 go to Sup Forums
Rec threads are banned there, mods pls don't delete

100% recommend

yes

It's alright. Very stale and dry series.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't.

Yes I'd say the length of it allows for great world building and character development. Great themes in it that don't feel like clichés

Best quote
>If I were to liken those men to the effluvium of sewage then that man was mountain spring water

So what's better, shitty flavor of the month moe trash?
Fuck off faggot

what did he mean by this?

It's probably the best sci-fi show ever made. 110 episodes and none of them are filler. The aesthetics and soundtrack are perfect.

literally did nothing wrong

its the only truly KINO anime
it transcends being a simple cartoon

I am pretty sure it's the exact opposite.

>its the only truly KINO anime

Fuck yes. It is more mental than action even though there's lots of action.

>m-muh cowboy bebop
>m-muh gundamn

I bet you like Moeshit

>no filler

that klopstock incident was totally filler

I guess, but it was good filler

It wasn't in the book but it felt in place during the first viewing. It was early enough that it helped sell you on some of the characters.

fucking nothing

Yes, give it a try and don't drop it after the first few episodes. It might be a little confusing at the start because it has a large cast of characters, but don't worry, you'll get to know all of them eventually, they are great. The animation is dated, sure, and the story may not be your cup of tea, and it also has some pretty ridiculous things (2D tactics in 3D space, etc.), but give it a chance.

Yeah it's absolutely fantastic, 110 episodes will genuinely seem too little but there's like 100 prequel episodes too. watch it in production order, main series first.

They do a little bit of 3d tactics.

it's not about being scared of Sup Forums

it's just that when you get all the basic bitch babbies first anime all that's left is the stuff that japs basically shit out so that they don't lose their fucking jobs and collapse the entire industry, no matter how fucking bad their shows are. and Sup Forums has no choice but to either talk about it or what? talk about code geass for the billionth time? avoid Sup Forums until something actually good comes out?

holy fuck i can't imagine being one of those poor fucks. they basically force themselves to test every single shitty fucking piece trash that japan shits out, and maybe once every couple years they will find one that can be added to the list you posted.

their brains are completely warped from prolonged exposure to material meant for japanese children who will grow up to never have sex. i'd be really pissed off all the time too if that were me.

If you liked the prequels so yes.

You forget about the cooks and the menial staff on those battle ships.

Emil's father was a doctor on a ship, he died

How many fucking nurses and janitors died on those ships.

It's ok.

True. And really, things like that didn't lessen my overall enjoyment. I guess I was just enjoying the characters and their interactions so much that it won me over despite the flaws.
Yeah, this series has its gigantic pile of corpses, background and main characters both.

Friendly reminder that Yang Wenli has been HARVESTING his fellow subordinates way before Weinstein made it popular.

Its fucking hard work to get through. Anyone who says they didn't get very bored at some point during it is a goddamn liar. And there are surprisingly few genuinely memorable moments, considering there's 110 episodes. and the plot doesn't resolve in a particularly satisfying way. But overall, it is a must-watch if you can stomach anime, simply for its sheer ambition.

My favourite part is after the climactic 96 solid hour space battle when the good guys force a draw and go back to base, then just start spontaneously falling asleep in corridors, airlocks, toilets, on the floor etc. Really hit me for some reason.

Also Yang Wenli = unexaggeratedly the very best character of all time

>Anyone who says they didn't get very bored at some point during it is a goddamn liar
lol

Julian enjoyed it, so it's okay. I would have, too.

yes

The sole length of the show kind of discourages me from watching it. Does the 3 episode rule apply here as well, or is it too big to get an idea of it in that short a time? Also is it complex? I'd probably be watching like an episode a day, so I could easily forget some stuff as the show goes on.

Cowboy Bebop is pure kino

Galaxy Express 999 series > Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop

It applies pretty well for it I think. I had the same thought as you, but it won me over in the first couple episodes. You get a taste of space battles, the characters and the politics surrounding it all very fast. If that doesn't work for you, then it's probably not your thing.

An interesting phenomena of potential real life space warefare is that it will essentially be two dimensional. On the 'small' scale the distances between the ships will be so great that even if one were a couple hundred thousand meters 'above' the other it wouldn't really matter. And since there's no real reference point in space you only care about the plane created by the two fleets anyway.

Now the real reason you wouldn't see 3D warefare on the large scale is because it's simply too costly to send ships a significant distance beyond the plane of the solar system/galaxy/whatever you're orbiting or moving through. There would be no large bodies to slingshot with and nothing of significance to attack or defend, having a fleet above the plane wouldn't accomplish anything.

I watched like 20 episodes of this a day. It's not boring, you just get bored and/or your entire existence makes you bored and thus, you are a boring human in general.

I never really got why they never stacked formations on top of each other. Space isn't a 2D plain and yet everyone treats it like it's ship vs ship in napoleonic times

literally the only anime worth watching

It's a good show, made my mother watch it too. Her favorite character was Kircheis.

Most of it is certainly trash, but c'mon now.

Ending is shit.

The show shills for democracy but has the big bad empire BTFO of them in the end.

I like Kaiji but if I was only able to watch one anime it would be LotGH

When i was in high school i related with Yang Wenli so much and always rooted for him. I wonder if he is too liberal for me now.

>Kircheis
What was even his super power? He was a master tactician and able do cool down reinhart?

>liberal

His presence made everything better, clearly.

He's a milktoast liberal, yes.

>cool down reinhart

what a lovely turn of a phrase

He was a very talented man that brought out the best in people. He could have been like Reinhard but chose to be a follower instead. He was intelligent, fierce, loyal, loving, skilled and just. His red hair also gave him magical powers.

This show is pure KINO

The show managed to go 110 EP without a single Japanese or weeb reference.

Also Prussian fanwank

youtube.com/watch?v=S-XFL78aG2s

best boy coming through

Yes.

He poisoned Reinhard though.

Was he Reinhard's catamite?

>There is only one Reinhard von Lohengramm
>and there will only ever be one man who will kill him
>who will be that man?

I don't think so

I like the fact that that's plausible but never confirmed, little details left out like many historical figures where we don't get to know for sure their true cause of their death.

patrician

>anime
No.

I've been watching a lot of series throughout the years, waiting for those subtitles to appear everytime those type of elevators appeared on the screen.

Only now have I realised that it's probably an edit, and I specifically remember being disapointed whilst watching LotGH on a scene with that type of elevator and that text not coming up.

>for democracy, Julian.
>h-hai

>tfw no liquid metal space fortress.

Still full of real quotable lines desu

Reinhard or Yang, Sup Forums?

Animation sucks. Read the book. Story is fleshed out a lot better. The only thing you get by watching the anime over the novel is the character designs.

Reinhard on the streets, Yang Wenli between the sheets.

If you're 16 years old or younger you support Reinhard. If you're 17 years old or older you support Yang

No, but this is accurate. The problem is, of course that it is stale and dry and 113 episodes, not including the movie and spin-off series. The ending does not justify the amount of time watching it, so I guess you can watch the first thirteen episodes, (which are incredibly dull), and if like it after that, keep watching, and if if you don't, or lose interest, stop. You're not missing much in desisting from watching it.

If you're 18 years old or older you don't watch fucking anime you child

what is the one with the samurai and the black red and white colors
If you answer you are an anime god

It's actually the exact opposite

depends.
Do you like classical music?

I do, but this series is an incredible waste of time, but besides that, if you're implying that if I do like classical music, I should like this series, what do you mean by that? I don't even remember the score being that great or classical.

all we knew of kirchis before that was the red-haired guy who stands next to Reinhardt

They haven't even finished translating the books into English. If you don't want to wait several more years to finish the story then the anime is your only option.

The soundtrack and art direction totally justify it's existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=3mvKNS9OUZI

>this series is an incredible waste of time
not any more of a waste than any other anime, or tv show. why are you even here
>if you're implying that if I do like classical music, I should like this series, what do you mean by that?
What I meant was, if you like classical music you will appreciate the series even more than someone who doesn't
>I don't even remember the score being that great or classical.
it was entirely classical

the ending is incredibly anti-climatic, and I say that as someone who enjoyed 90% of LOTGH

eh, it was satisfying, all the plot-lines were properly wound up.

>not any more of a waste than any other anime, or tv show
I would disagree since it's longer, in addition to the fact that it wouldn't be that hard to compose a set of shows that take up the same amount of time and are far better.
>it was entirely classical
Not really accurate. It would be better to say that it was entirely orchestral, rather generic at that. There are actually quite a few familiar tracks in the series, but over the course of 100+ episodes, they aren't that frequent.

>were properly wound up.
Bullshit. How long did they hype that Earth Cult, only to get no real closure, and then conveniently have their leadership make an assassination attempt on Reinhard, to killing the assassins also killed off the cult?

the Earth cult got wiped out with the attack on the earth base.
the assassination was just a very last ditch attack by the last members.
they weren't even leadership either, remember the mask?

not really. They were resolvecd but not in a satisfying way.

Reinhard just sort of dies and unlike what they hint throughout the whole time Emil had nothing to do with it

Rubinsky's planning and plotting never goes anywhere and he dies of a brain tumor

The Terra Cultists never amounted to anything, and they randomly decide to suicide bomb everyone at the end

there are only so many shows worth watching

K, and I think LOTG isn't one of them, especially considering it's length. I really wish it was better than it was and justify it's length, but it doesn't.

spoilers man

>they weren't even leadership either, remember the mask?
I don't know what you were talking about, but having the Grand Bishop attack Reinhard in the last episode when it never became clear what exactly were their plans, (like, for instance, what exactly they were trying to gain giving control of the galaxy to Rheinhard), was extremely contrived and unsatisfying.

>literally the only anime worth watching

S E V E N
E
V
E
N

Actually, I was looking over the episodes and am rather shocked to see so many different sources of classical music that really might have composed almost all the score. Probably something I couldn't really appreciate because, like everything I watch, I watched it at an accelerated rate.

Too bad it's mostly late 19th century/20th century and very late Romantic/early Modernist crap.

You better not be shitting on Mahler kiddo

youtube.com/watch?v=2-ujTjBSqsk&t=