Can we have a The Phantom thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tfIoZFIGagk
youtube.com/watch?v=m59ySyGhhZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 phantom limb

Walking by for a bump

Where the hell is his milkstache?

>implying anyone outside of Scandinavia even knows who this is or will recognize him in the blue version of his suit

A story about best Phantom
youtube.com/watch?v=tfIoZFIGagk

bump

Phantom could kick Batmans ass any day of the week.

~ old jungle saying.

The Phantom is an american character though.

Has anyone read the novels?
Lee Falk supposedly wrote them himself.

I recognize him from that EDM artist

youtube.com/watch?v=m59ySyGhhZo

Yeah the guy is sick, I actually read a few issues of the King series because I liked his logo so much.

I used to read the newspaper strip - it'd take like three weeks for him to make a boat trip somewhere, and you never knew where he was going or why because the story started six months ago. Kind of fun in a weird way though.

Why do I suddenly want to drink some mjolk?

Bitch, I grew up with the Phantom.

I think Billy Zane is a pretty cool guy. Eh played the Ghost Who Walks and doesn't afraid of anything.

As someone that's only exposure to The Phantom is the daily strips in newspapers and the 90's live action movie does anyone have any recs for the series? Is it even like normal comics in that there are proper stories and runs?

>user grew up with a 500 year old ghost
Pull the other one.

I think the collections are all comic books in the original sense: collections of daily comic strips from newspapers.

They are out there though and while storytelling was decompressed before that was a thing they are goofy fun. The Phantom also inhabits a very rich world with recurring lore, locations and supporting characters.

Okay, okay, it was only Middle School, then he moved away.

Other than the dailies, most comics versions leave me cold, except the Charlton books. I enjoyed Phantom Beyo- err, 2040, Defenders of the Earth, and the Zane movie; Billy fucking nailed it.

>be me
>be kid
>cousins in northern sweden
>the phantom on every packet of milk
Based norrmejerier

In the US we tend to only get the occasional miniseries. Most of the ones I've read were decent enough. Before that it was basically cheaply made golden/silver age one and done adventure stories.

There are also European style releases that we don't tend to get except for one that came out a while back as a miniseries by Peter David and Sal Velluto. Apparently Sal is a regular artist on the series over there.

Who would win the Phantom, the Shadow, or the Spirit?

I seem to recall liking the Marvel mini in particular.

I'd go with Phantom what he lacks in quasi-supernatural powers he makes up for in being "immortal".

>I'd go with Phantom what he lacks in quasi-supernatural powers he makes up for in being "immortal".

But so is The Spirit?

He's damned indestructible; Wolvie ain't got shit on Denny Colt.

I'm still waiting for the sequel

Here's some shit that needs to happen--only thing missing is the Rocketeer.

>tfw you have no friends to start a jungle patrol with
fuck this gay earth and everyone one it