EXCLUSIVE: Fox is developing a potential new incarnation of its Emmy-winning drama series that would have a female lead...

>EXCLUSIVE: Fox is developing a potential new incarnation of its Emmy-winning drama series that would have a female lead and take the real-time format of the terrorism-themed original and apply it to a different arena, criminal justice.

>Details about the premise are sketchy, but I hear that the potential new 24 series centers on a female prosecutor who uncovers a legal conspiracy and has to work against the clock to save a death row inmate facing imminent execution whom she had helped prosecute but may be innocent. I hear this is part of an anthological take on 24 that would tackle a new world with new characters each season.

J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYi5mk9kM7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=MHlJTb9OTEI
youtube.com/watch?v=us5K--CFtdI
deadline.com/2017/11/24-series-comeback-female-lead-fox-franchise-1202199024/
24spoilers.com/2017/04/01/fox-24-prison-break-crossover-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn Hollywood is so fucking necrophiliac. Just let it fucking die already. Nobody wants to see it anymore.

>feminist protag
>anti-death penalty
yep it's a cuck

Whatever happened to the black guy in 24? Did it fail and get cancelled?

>operatorkino is dead and gone forever
>chief kief is doomed to 10 more seasons of designated shitting street

Why did it have to be this way?

Had that BLACKED 24 not already happen, this CUNNYED 24 wouldn't bother me so much. Yet the previous continuation fizzled out, why bother with this?

iirc there's going to be a strike back reboot so i believe operatorkino is back on the menu

That's right, probably gonna be better than whatever these CUNTS would come up with for Jack anyway:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYi5mk9kM7Q

If I remember right there's another anthology 24 season being written by Joel Surnow which has a tiny chance to be watchable, too

>criminal justice

No thanks

black protag did not work so they're trying a female one? wonder if she'll be black too.
american tv really needs another legal drama, that's for sure

God DAMN it I get so fucking mad whenever I think about this show, maybe it's cause I basically grew up on it. Live Another Day was fucking kino against all odds. In three years how the FUCK do you go from that to a show that gets canceled after premiering with the Super Bowl?

I miss watching the show with Sup Forums when it would come on, ultimate comfy mode

>black protag did not work
That doesn't do justice to how monumentally JUST'd the series got by going full pavement ape

Season 3 is the only one where it went up in views between the begin and end overall that's pretty damn sad.

Why is it so hard for them to just bring back Jack? If LAD was supposed to be his final appearance then why didn't they actually finish his story? They can never seem to make their minds up with what they want to do with this show

Oh hat was cancelled?

Kiefer doesn't want to do it anymore, it's a very physically intense role and he did it for 9 years. if he wanted a 10th season Fox would do it in a heartbeat

Yeah it was so bad and unwatched no one knew it was canceled

just make it about Kate Morgan so it's actually good and all the cucks in charge get their PC good boy points

that's how pretty much every show goes, loads of people check out the first episode and then it trikckles off as people lose interest

Yeah. I’m willing to bet the writing was super bad.

The president was black before the president was black. People didn’t watch it because of who was in the lead. The show was well produced.
I didn’t watch the new one because 24 is jack Bauer. I don’t think other people realized that.

This. 9 Seasons and people STILL want more? Fuck all of you insatiable faggot millennials.

Learn to know when enough is enough.

AND by other people I meant fox executives

Pretty clear that people DON'T want more of the same, that's all that Legacy was. What they wanted was a proper conclusion to a character arc that lasted nine seasons, which is what they didn't do (and now will never do)

>no show will ever be this based again
What's the point in going on, lads?

If you like some hot kneecapping action, may I suggest Person of Interest?

youtube.com/watch?v=MHlJTb9OTEI

>yep it's a cuck
Maybe she'll torture people to achieve her goals?

Season 8 was shit and ended on another "Jack on the run" cliffhanger. Then they make an ok follow up and end it on another fucking "Jack is captured" cliffhanger. If they'd just finished the fucking show outright it would've been fine but instead we get this zombie shit

>Sseason 8 was shit

That's where you're wrong faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=us5K--CFtdI

24 Legacy was alright, but it felt dated and low budget as fuck. All the action sequences were boring. The last few episodes were shit too.

To be honest, Season 7 and 8 were pretty good.

But the problem is Season 6 just absolutely destroyed 24, it was just that bad. After how great Season 5 was, they had a chance to do a cool conspiracy illuminati thing and just fucked it up completely with the family stuff, the Chinese stuff, pretty much everything.

Yeah I've been listening and watching along with this rewatch podcast, they're on 6 now and it is just fucking dire. Somehow even worse now than it was then, and it really exposed how tired all the plot devices were even after five years. I actually liked 7-9 and loved parts of them but Season 6 really did a number on the show's reputation and its fan community and it never fully recovered.

If it hadn't happened I think 24 would be remembered much more fondly today. It was always pretty cheesy but the production value was fucking phenomenal and it really was incredibly innovative for the time. Instead it's basically been forgotten.

>build a show entirely dependent on le epic twists
>surprised it gets stale after two seasons

People are fucking stupid.

kek, best girl on point

I just want one last mini series with Kief to end it

WE

nice source

it'll flop as hard as the kangs version did. 24 is Kiefer's series, period

like it's so hard to google nigger

deadline.com/2017/11/24-series-comeback-female-lead-fox-franchise-1202199024/

Yeah they could've had something with her and they blew it.

24's main strength and key element is a strong, charismatic leading man (Jack). They lucked out casting him in the first place, he has this very rare combination of elite operator badass, believable dad-like everyman, and when required unhinged madman. He was so perfect and iconic in the role that he became the show. It almost didn't matter how contrived, repetitive or nonsensical the plot became, Jack sold it and we watched it for him. When the show became a sort of parody of itself from season 5 onward, it was arguably even better since the plot was at times ridiculous and over the top, be we were still behind it 100% because we were behind Jack. They didn't all it the Jack Bauer Power Hour for nothing.

Is anyone surprised that when you remove Jack from the equation, there's nothing left worth watching? That's why Black Bauer failed and why Chick Bauer will fail too. It's not the time sensitive nature which makes the show great (although that was an ingenious idea which is what made the show the most intense/thrilling TV show ever) it was the character and Kiefer's portrayal.

The only was forward with 24 (not saying they should, but if they did) to make it work is to find a leading man (sorry, no one wants to see a "tough woman" leading a show like this, not even women, it's pandering, unrealistic and just dumb) with equal charisma, believable tough guy machismo, and relatability of Kiefer, and not one hired solely for skin color which makes the network seem progressive and diverse. Good luck with that.

Matthew McConaughey reboot when?

24 is just not a deep or interesting concept

It was just great icing/style to go along with Jack Bauer's character

I don't think he'd even need to be the main focus necessarily as long as he's in it in some capacity.

Just remembered some fan site came up with an April Fools' joke about a 24 Prison Break crossover that was unironically better than the garbage that was airing this year. Here it is: 24spoilers.com/2017/04/01/fox-24-prison-break-crossover-series/

Will they bring back the golden retriever?

I'd actually be 100% okay with that.

We need a series that revolves around her.

FUCKING THIS, if we need a 24 with a female lead, make it an established, well-liked character whose almost as badass as Jack. Have her working with her black partner from LAD, boom! The two leads are a black dude and a woman. Have Chloe and Belcheko be secondary protags, even more diversity quota filled! And have Tony escape from prison and you'll have your evil white man antagonist. How fucking hard is this jesus I should be a show writer.

Jack is never coming back guys.

Hope you're trolling because that sounds like a recipe for cancer

This and simply this. Mandy is the loose end that actually leads somewhere.

she was my LOVE and they brutally offed her so fast REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This, she was the creepiest and sexiest chick in the entire run, just something about her

>tfw based Edgar dies

still hurts