NUT
KHNUM
PTAH

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=EQgbvorvWLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So you think you've got friends in high places

Am I the only one who thought it seemed like Moses and God were the bad guys in this?

also its been debunked that Jews built the pyramids

Neat.

With the power
to put us
on the run

Well forgive us these smiles on our faces

BY THE POWER OF RA
MUT
NUT
KHNUM
PTAH

>Commercial success.
>Critical success.
>Great visuals.
>Production company still around.
>No blu ray release.

You'll now what power is when we are done
son

You'll know what power is when we are done

SOBEK
SEKHMET
SOKAR
SELKAT

>Am I the only one who thought it seemed like Moses and God were the bad guys in this?
Literally everyone in the bible is a bad guy to some degree.

P L A Y I N G
W I T H
T H E
B I G
B O YS
N O W

Oh, that's pretty.

everyspellandjesture
TELLS YOU WHO'S THE BESTER

>Killing every first born
>Favoritism
I'll say so.

By the might of Horus!

You shall kneel before us!

You put a show
You put a fight
But just to show we feel no spite
You could be our acolyte!

heh.
boards.Sup Forums.org/aco/lyte.

But first boy
It's time to BOW

BOW DOWN

But first boy,
it's time to bow!
(Kowtow!)

Dreamworks is trying to be mainstream and safe. That means no mention of religion.

>most characters looks relatively normal and human
>introduce 2 wacky looking cartoon characters

Let's be honest, it's pretty Hey Arnold.

It's bow down not kowtow, iirc

Be glad they cut the talking camel.

I need it.

>also its been debunked that Jews built the pyramids

The entirety of Exodus has no historical basis. The Hebrews were never in Egypt. It was all fabricated during the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE (which actually did happen) as a kind of "this shit happened before and we got out of it then" wishful thinking.

You cheeky fucker.

I wonder if there was an earlier event that was skewed over the years. When did they start writing this all down?

I did, but I also read the bible, so I knew for sure.
>Pharaoh let my people go
>Okay maybe I can let them go
>God makes the pharaoh not let them go
>You force my hand heres a plague, now let my people go
>Okay maybe I can let them go
>God makes the pharaoh not let them go
Rinse, repeat.

All I know is that Thoth will incur his wrath upon Sony and those who partake in the Emoji Movie.

And there shall be a great cry throughout all of Egypt, such as there never has been or ever will be again!

Literally right after the Babylonian captivity. The Torah/OT was compiled during the 6th-4th century BCE mostly from oral transmission and a limited amount of prior writings.

That actually isn't really true. Israelites have a lot of basis and geneology to those that had migrated into North Egypt at the time, and were enslaved and conquered. The most likely Pharaoh at the time of Moses birth was Thutmose I, whose children all had Mose attributed to them. He would later be succeeded by his son Thutmose II. Thutmose I having conquered the Nubian's and their King and also a campaign against Cush, or Ethiopia at the time.

Thutmose II is also the only Pharaoh mummy and his close confidants that have boils on their skin, which included his sister wife Hatshepsut, who would take over after his death. Hatshepsut is one of the few female Pharaohs that was actually honored and talked a lot of unrest with Egypt that had happened before and after Thutmose II's death.

Exodus can actually be attributed to a lot of historical events that likely happened. Now that isn't to say that there aren't some issues with this, as Sobekhotep III is a potential candidate as well, a less likely one, but he's up there, as well as Dedumose I, also less likely.

Your argument is that the Jews never built the Pyramids. You are correct, they never did, nor is it ever stated within Exodus that they did. Only that they were slaves, which Egypt had slaves and the likely people that they had enslaved where from Northern Egypt, which would later become the Jews, which there are genealogical similarities and roots/traces to Israelites. The Babylonian Captivity is also described in the Bible, in a completely different part of the Old Testament.

youtube.com/watch?v=EQgbvorvWLk

How come they never talk about the Babylonian captivity? Passover?

You're talking about the Hyksos, who were although a semitic people, not Hebrews.

It's possible the Hebrews adopted a pre-existing Hyksos account and added it to the post-exilic compilation of the Torah, but that doesn't change the fact that the Hebrews were never in Egypt, or even wandered the SinaƏ.

Yeah, Old Testament god was a jerk. It took experience of humanity by waking wth us through Jesus for him to gain a sense of empathy for the failings of man and the suffering he endures, why the temptations of Satan can steal mens' souls.

Moses was kidnapped by God who was a terrorist to Egypt.

His eyes can't literally be more separated holly fuck.

This looks a bit like Disney and a bit like anime

>How come they never talk about the Babylonian captivity?

Jews love Darius (I think it was Darius) simply because he kicked Babylon's ass and freed them in the process.

Dreamworks

>omnipotent, omniscient entity
>"he needed experience"

Shrek

Yep. Old Testament God could only see humans from his own perspective. He had to live in our presence to get an appreciation for his own creation's experience of want and suffering.

Somebody

Once

SENT THE FIRE FROM THE SKY

What's going on in here?!

It's not knowledge He lacked, but perspective.

Even if you know everything about ants it's still hard to care for them, especially on an individual level. They're simply so far removed from your daily experience that any individual suffering becomes entirely meaningless.

This user is a holy man.

Except if you're actually omniscient you'd know so much about ants that you'd care for them. Even humans with our flawed perception of the world can find out enough about ants to care for them.

>God
>Lacking a positive characteristic

This is literally contrary to his nature

Nothing is "hard" for God and he doesn't need to learn anything, you're talking complete shit

Yea this whole
>jews never built pyramids so the bible doesn't even real
argument is dumb. It never says they built them.

The difference between a human and an ant and God and a human is that humans are not omnipotent, God is.

If God is omnipotent then it means he already knows everything there is, including other being's perspectives on things.

God always loved humanity, he was just frustrated and angry at them. That's it. He knew however that he would eventually chill out and would be more loving to his creations. A human will never understand God and why he does what he does, despite knowing literally everything that has and will ever happen. For instance, if he knew he was going to be loving, why was he angry in the first place?

You can do a reverse perspective, but not boil it down to a human's understanding in any way, unless you want to use the flaw in omnipotence. Which is basically "Can God make a rock, that he himself can't move?" which basically denounces Omnipotence no matter which way you go, and dodging the question of "But he wouldn't", which while true, still denounces it.

but you know what the EGYPTIANS SAY ABOUT MOSES!?
That he was an egyptian priest that led a group of plague victims struck by leprosy into the wilderness to start a cult.
Hoh boy. Ok, but what did the egyptians say about the slavery of the jews!?
That a bunch of jewish mercenaries started squatting on egyptian lands and when the government asked them to pay tax they left.

Are those guys the egipt versions of the demons from Hercules?

The point isn't about the pyramids. The Hebrews were never in Egypt, period. The whole story is as bogus as the chronological records of China's first 3 dyansties.

the 6 billions starts looking suspicious now

damn thats cool

*posted to my facebook*

>That a bunch of jewish mercenaries started squatting on egyptian lands and when the government asked them to pay tax they left.

Source on this

Is this some esoteric meme?

It's a movie.

You don't see them building pyramid though, only manfacturing and transporting building materials and assembling the basics of temples and such

Y

>also its been debunked that Jews built the pyramids

Nobody except Hollywood has ever suggested they did. Even if you take the Book of Exodus as 100% literal truth it only ever refers to Hebrew slaves building houses, not pyramids, and the last pyramid would have been finished over a thousand years before.

IIRC Purim is about the captivity in Babylon, it's just much less widely known as a holiday to the goyim compared to Passover and Hanukkah because the celebration is much more low key and it's never gotten any TV specials.

BY THE POWER OF KEK

Side note: if you love Ralph Fiennes' performance in this go and watch Coriolanus.

MOOOT!

SNACKS

Bitch please.

Dubs

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

ONCE I THOUGHT THE CHANCE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH

NOW I CALL YOU SISTER

They were pretty much the closest that the film came to feeling like it came from Disney.

It's funny normally the villain song in animated films are the best ones because they end up sounding badass instead of corny. In this film the closest thing to a villain song is actually the worst song in the film because it sounds corny while the others were badass (or at least good).

WAS ALL I EVER WANTED

God fucking damnit. Kek

WAS ALL I EVER WANTED

I SEND THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY I SEND THE FIRE RAINING DOWN

AND EVEN NOW I WISH GOD HAD CHOSE ANOTHER

SERVING AS YOUR FOE ON HIS BEHALF

In the old testament, Moses was a pretty bad guy to begin with. Full on genocidal. Right after receiving the 10 commandments and getting explicitly told not to kill, the VERY next thing he does is breaking the commandments (literally) and ordering 3,000 executions.

To be fair, the heathens and heretics and idolaters broke more tenets in a bigger way

IS THE LAST THING THAT I WANTEEEED

THIS WAS MY HOME

ALL THIS PAIN AND DEVASTATION, IT TORTURES ME

ALL THE INNOCENT WHO SUFFER FROM YOUR STUBBORNESS AND PRIDE!

I SEND THE LOCUSTS ON THE WIND SUCH AS THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN

Tell me about the locusts.

God doesn't exist

Obligatory.

Right, 'cause there's no way the Egyptians would talk shit about someone they don't like. I bet you think every single thing the Romans wrote down about their enemies was true.

>why the temptations of Satan can steal mens' souls
i read as satan can steal men's memes

omnipotence is a flawed human concept also god isn't real

Does the Bible actually say that God is Omnipotent and Omniscient? I was under the impression that that ascribing every positive characteristic to God was more of a Greek interpretation.