Someone explain to me how this movie is supposed to be sexist

someone explain to me how this movie is supposed to be sexist

Women die n shit

No YASSSS SLAY QUEEN hero character.

Can a hologram be raped?

It isn't. Only mentally retarded people(eg. women) think it might be because they simply cannot understand it.

>main physical antagonist is a woman who kicks the shit out of the male protagonist several times and who being female is vital to her motivation of compensating for being barren
>main aspect of the main love interest is that you can't replace the companionship of a real woman with an artificial fantasy of the perfect madonna–whore house wife
>secondary love interest seems disempowered at first but in fact actually uses her position as an objectified woman to accomplish a mission shes willing to risk her life on for the greater good
>leader of the residence is female, her characterization is vital to the reading of the main male antagonist and they exist as a ying and yang at the center of the movies moral philosophy
>protagonists authority figure is an empowered career woman who's the only person in his life who respects him and tries to treat him fairly and is so strong willed she would rather suffer and die than betray him
>entire plot revolves around a strong kind genius female character who is given Christ-like importance to the mythology who's role the male protagonist is humbled by assuming is theirs
>love interest from the previous film is deified as a Mother Mary-like figure and who gave her life for the future of her people in a way only a woman could and is utilized to make the point that a woman's individuality can't be replaced

>but it's le sexist because there's le sex workers in it!!!!!!

This, they fear what they cannot understand.

According to SJWs, gratuitous violence and nudity of women

Women have been spoon-fed female characters in blockbusters recently. In this instance, they were shocked to find only hookers, AI waifus, and a psycho murder bitch as representations of their gender (for obvious reasons the badass milf cop lady is omitted from their claims of sexism).

Lastly, science fiction is a genre which scares women, because they not only lack imagination, let alone knowledge of how anything works in our current world, but they only care about social interactions between characters (mostly love interest and social hierarch).

Because I wouldn't take my little sister to see it, because she's a girl

So I finally got around to seeing the original.

They're androids, no? How do they spill blood and organs? I thought they were completely robotic hence their enhanced strength and agility.

No, they're replicants.

They're essentially genetically engineered "human" parts put together into a person, with consciousness.

I thought it was more sexist towards men too be honest.
The guys are all stuck in meaningless existence and the only love is from AI. very depressing film.

I see. So why can't they have human emotions if they're essentially human?

I love how modern day social justice warriors have taken the meaning out of a lot of words like "sexism", "sexual assualt" and "racism" and substitute it with their own definition just so they can pretty much bitch endlessly about completely innocuous subjects.

It's hinted pretty heavily that they do have feelings, they have memories that drive them.
That is why the hunting of them was supposed to be morally ambiguous at the end of the film.

I shouldn't say ambiguous but it's supposed to make the hunting not seem righteous.

So exactly why did they hunt them if they have emotions? They should be given rights.

Or hell, if they build them simply for work then they should make sure to cut off all emotions.

They show human emotions, that's the point of both movies, to make the viewer ask himself/herself if there is a real difference between a person and a replicant.

I think It's ambiguous because those emotions could be "fake" like their memories. Now again, how can you tell when a emotion is real and when it's not?

This so much.

>So exactly why did they hunt them if they have emotions? They should be given rights.
Yeah, that's what the movie's about

Oh wait - it's actually 3 hours about how Deckard to find his daughter. The replicant rebellion is diminished to a 30 second interluding scene

Yeah well put

Okay, I get it now.

Last thing, who the fuck was that origami guy? I didn't get the ending.

I think in the original, Tyrell dealt with the replicant's emotional problems by making them only live 4 years. So if they did reach a point where they became definite individuals, they could only experience that individuality for a small period of time. Thats Batty's tragedy

you have to stop taking the opinions of useless idiots who write on blogs that seriously
you actually give more credit to these people than actual feminists do

this is actually pretty spot on user, well done

post one RELEVANT opinion that claims it's racist

Luv-fu > Joi-Fu

>who the fuck was that origami guy?
hes from the original movie

That's what I'm asking about. I haven't seen 2049 yet.

Hes the guy that let deckard and rachael escape together iirc.

Does 2049 confirm if Deck is a replicant or human?

Because it portrays people and women realistically which is fucked up to feminists because they only see the world through good/bad, mary sue/toxic masculinity. "muh Rey is a realistic depiction of women"

did you seriously, like uhhh, no way, I can't even begin.

Not in an obvious way, but I noticed when both K and Deckard are confronted with uncertainty about what they are, they both repeat the line "I know what's real."

I also thought it unlikely Deckard was a replicant because he's obviously much weaker than K, but as shown with Bautista and his glasses they're not immune to the effects of aging.

Ultimately I don't think it matters if they're replicant or not.

He's Deckard's handler. He makes origami at different parts of the film that reveals what he thinks of Deckard.
-he makes a chicken when Deckard refues to return to blade running, symbolizing (obviously) how Deckard is a chicken and afraid to return
-he makes a stick figure man with an erection, proving that he knows that Deckard is attracted to Rachel
-the unicorn can go one of two ways. The first is that Gaff sees how special Rachel is to Deckard. The second is that Gaff is telling Deckard that he knows he is a replicant, since Deckard had a dream of a unicorn. By making a unicorn origami Gaff shows that he knows what Deckard dreams (somehow). I personally prefer the first idea (that Gaff is telling Deckard to take care of the person he sees as special) rather than the second, which is just a retarded theory Ridley Scott makes up to bait people into talking about the film more

>leader of the residence is female, her characterization is vital to the reading of the main male antagonist and they exist as a ying and yang at the center of the movies moral philosophy
youre way off here

I think it does matter
>Replicants are illegal on earth, how is nobody complaining that Deckard lives on earth?
>Not only is he a replicant, how the fuck did the LAPD hire him and let him become a blade runner?
>Why did he need a gun to fight the leisure sex replicant?
Then isn't Deckard creator the same guy that created the antagonist? Why was there no mention of him being a replicant? Was Deckard not given a replicant screening test himself?

There's a theory, that while not completely disproven is weakend by this film that the origami guy was actually a very good Blade Runner that got injured on the job. The LAPD in order to have better Blade Runners got his brain waves and put them into a replicant this being Deckard. He is essentially his "clone" who is unaware he's a replicant. Origami guy is monitoring him to see if he's up to task and he leaves the unicorn origami as a hint that he knows his dreams because he has them too. The reason Deckard would be allowed on Earth is that he's a test project and probably not officially sanctioned yet.

Joi wasn’t a replicant. I’ve yet to hear an argument about the film’s supposed sexism that isn’t full retard.

It treats male suffering as legitimate and not comedic.

I think you may be on to something

Luv = Joi > power gap > Mariette

You're over thinking it. They're just reacting to the idea that men could replace them with holograms