Who was worse?

Who was worse?

His wife. I liked Clay. She just annoyed me.

Clay knows he's a bastard and it affects him (makes him worse). Bloberta is more of a sociopath.

Bloberta

Clay was the unfortunate target of all her insecurities and anxiety in life

One was negligent.

The other fucking shot their son.

Who do you think?

bloberta was obviously worse
she tricked clay into marriage and had two kids just becase she didnt want to be alone
honestly having a bastard with another guy was the moment bloberta was cemented as the worst character in the show to me

I don't give a shit about him shooting Orel. I also don't shed any tears over half the heinous shit Orel blundered into. People take such strong offense to the strangest shit in make believe.

>bloberta slept around with other guys just because she didnt like clay hurting clay but also hurting orel and creating a child that nobody cared for, not even her out of pure selfishness

you think orel had it bad, his little brother gets switched by another kid and he is stuck living with strangers for half a season before anyone notices
at least orel had friends and some people around town cared about him, the other kid is so bad off he is 7 and thinks like a 3 year old

they're both equally bad for falling for the marriage meme.

Only thing that makes Clay worse is the fact that he shot his son. S3 really ruined Bloberta

They're both bastards but at least Clay is funny.
Although I'm still at season 2 so I don't know much about all the fucked up shit in season 3.

>I don't know much about all the fucked up shit in season 3.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

This show got me into the Mountain Goats and I can't stand that hack writer John Green for getting his droves of tween fangirls into them too.

She had her problems but CLAY BY A LANDSLIDE.

The man shot his son and didn't even take the kid to a hospital.

But she's the one who made him like that

Yeah but she eventually noticed, which is more than can be said for Clay.
Like it's close, bit he still wins the negligent cheating spouse race.

Clay was more of a victim, but he ended up doing more directly harmful things than Bloberta, who is a worse person at heart. The grayness of it all is one of the best parts of the series.

Is it bad that I didn't realize that Bloberta was only 18 when they got married?

If we're going to go back like that, you can extend the same shame to his mom and to the society that doesn't allow divorce.

Eventually every person is responsible for their own actions. Both Bloberta and Clay could have sought outside help for their relationship. He could have ended it and divorced her, and her him. They chose to stay together for the wrong reasons and made their lives and the lives of their kids harder because of it.

You can say Bloberta is at fault, but you cannot make Clay into a victim.

At some point you have to stop blaming other people for your own problems. No one put a gun to his head and made him stay with her.

He was not risking death but he sure was risking becoming a pariah. That's kind of the whole point both him and Bloberta dropped the whole divorce thing faster than Orel can say "I love god".