Is this the most poetic action sequence ever Sup Forums?

Is this the most poetic action sequence ever Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=HClM8YvNljo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

teal and orange hurts my eyes

what exactly makes it good? I keep hearing idiots like you say its the best action movie of the decade. That clip was boring as fuck

Name 5 better action movies this decade

>next x-men movie has the same stunts team
will it be topped?

the lack of CGI and the use of practical effects was a huge plus for the film.

>inb4 dredd and john wick

Is this the most fedoric action sequence ever?
yes it is.

This movie had a bunch of CGI. You're a fag for thinking CGI is inherently bad

It was pretty damn good.

If I am to complain about it, the editing is a bit too hectic at times, it would serve the action well to keep some shots longer.

Obvious and lackluster ADR in certain scenes.

Tom Hardy aint no Mel.

But it's still a solid 8/10.

Just turn the color down on your tv 25-50% and it will look better too.

>Is this the most poetic action sequence ever
What did he mean by that?

>You're a fag for thinking CGI is inherently bad
???

where did I say that

>sound
>music
>editing
>effects
>visuals
literally everything you moron

The exact moment in your pic felt great.
>War rig's burning
>I'm thinking: kick up some sand, it smothers flames and blinds your followers!
>Furiosa pulls a lever
>intake closes and the cowcatcher descends
>flames are extinguished
>raise the cowcatcher
>ENGINE GASP

It was just super satisfying.

>89733721
Then you'll be glad to learn the director-approved version comes in monoCHROME!

The Immortan Joe close up, the abdomen close up, the cloud of sand, the engine breather, the bike smashing the truck, the flare gun shot, the biker landing on the roof and the way his character is expressed.

it's visually good that's all.
this is a good action scene
youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg

It's just a very properly paced and filmed action sequence. You know damn well that it's hard to explain exactly how an action sequence is good without either going through it frame by frame or writing a large treatise on it.

Overall I felt Fury Road was fantastic at what it set out to accomplish, but it wasn't "balanced". By that I mean it was almost too much of a good thing, effectively being one long chase/action sequence that was always cranked up to 11 with very few times to catch your breath.

Road Warrior will always be king due to how it has both highs and lows and is IMO one of the best paced movies of all time. Everything about it is fucking perfect.

how does it feel being so stupid unable to appreciate things?

no really im curious

is life much simpler for dumb folks like you?

looks like it's simpler for you redditors

The last 20 minutes of Road Warrior were better than anything in Fury Road

There was a shitload of CGI in Mad Max, it was just all background shit so it didn't look awful.

This movie is the only one in recent memory that fucking figured it out - CGI is a tool that should be used to accentuate scenes, not something you use to build 99% of every single scene.

This is the reason why modern capeshit looks like a PS3 game in half the scenes.

>This movie had a bunch of CGI
>You're a fag for thinking CGI is inherently bad

Agreed. Reloaded is obviously not as good as The Matrix, but it was a decent movie, and this scene and a few others do make it somewhat memorable.

Revolutions completely jumped the shark however.

the highway sequence was good, but all the other scenes, including the other action scenes, were shit. Mostly because the kung fu fighting goes on for FAR TOO LONG and it just gets tedious. Especially since we already know that Neo has god-mode and the audience never once feels like he nor any of the other main characters is actually in any danger.

They really wrote themselves into a hole by trying to follow up a story where Neo achieved godhood. If I were to do a matrix sequel, I'd have it so Neo mysteriously vanishes for some reason. He needs to be removed so that there can be actual tension in the story again.