We helped some people, didn't we Sup Forums?

We helped some people, didn't we Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX-A3f2zQ8U
youtube.com/watch?v=pLfL00vHKI4
youtube.com/watch?v=9w1cOgO1DKE
youtube.com/watch?v=av6x8PD0nXA
youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg
youtube.com/watch?v=HlpX3AGLR8w
youtube.com/watch?v=JK8Ioao1cz8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZG4xma2YfBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The show should have started the non-procedural elements sooner. Once the AI gets an avatar, it's great.

I think it was great the whole run, Reese and Finch solving crime was comfy. Besides the first couple seasons are just spent fleshing out the characters, if it had just jumped right into full blown AI war they might not have had time to focus on the smaller stuff, like Reese and Finch and Fusco and Carter slowly coming to trust eachother.

At least we can all agree on the fact we needed more seasons of this

Honestly though its probably for the best that it ended before it could go to shit. Once a show goes past season 5 it starts going downhill fast.

Pretty much this. They deserved a full fifth season, though.

No argument here, I loved S5 but it was rushed to all hell. That said it still had some of the best moments of the entire series, like pic related. i cri everytiem

>tfw we haven't had a good PoI bread in weeks
>tfw it's late as fuck for me to stay awake and enjoy it
>tfw getting a season where the machine grows an android body to become a real human bean is never going to happen.

>tfw getting a season where the machine grows an android body to become a real human bean is never going to happen.
Thats probably way too futuristic for anything PoI would do. Even being about warring artificial intelligences it still stayed pretty grounded.

hopefully Nolan can do better with Westworld. People memed me into watching Person of Interest and while it was a pretty solid show, the exploration of AI was ultimately superficial. Though Westworld has a very different kind of AI.

Him and his wife already fucked up. It's probably going to get cancelled after a third season.

>the exploration of AI was ultimately superficial.
I don't know how anyone could say that about PoI, especially when comparing it to Westworld. Westworld is babbys first AI rebellion, Person of Interest was a really different take on artificial intelligence, I don't know of any stories off the top of my head that portray the all seeing SkyNet-like entity as a living, sympathetic character.

Maybe yes, maybe no
Remember, it's a godlike being we're dealing with here
Samaritan only took a few months of absolute freedom and it was already reshaping the world in it's image
An AI that reaches "singularity" is capable of exponential growth
To me, the show pretty much ended on our dear Machine gaining that exact degree of absolute freedom, only that she kept her morals, so she was a good girl

Reminder that Root and Shaw ruined the show, you waifufags just can't accept it

>t. brainlet
>muh procedural comfy

I actually liked the earlier seasons with a villain of the week and the occasional mob boss or CIA encounters more.

Theoretically an artificial superintelligence can do almost anything, but something like creating a realistic robot body for herself would be many years down the line, and I can't see the writers getting that futuristic about it.

The show literally reached its full potential when Root joined as a regular cast member. You can not argue that, and it doesn't even have anything to do with waifuism, just that she was tied so closely to the AI plotline. When she became more prominent, so did The Machine, and Decima, and Samaritan. And the show was better off for it.

Nah, you are both retards. As expected from waifufags.

Harold, Greer and Decima expanded the AI plotline way better. Root didn't add anything other than le quirky character for numales.

This scene didn't help my sides.

I can fap to this

I never even said Root added anything my dude, just that you can mark when she joins as a regular cast member as the moment when the show goes all in on the AI plot and becomes even better. Anybody who says she ruined the show is a literal brainlet.

I never imagined a blue screen could make me cry so much
Still Just wanted to see a Root android that doesn't die and gets to do lewd stuff with Shaw
The creators knew all along what was going to happen. There are many times where there is Root and talk of transcendence, evolution etc... It was a planned ascension.

But there's no point in arguing with brainlets
A show about an AI is too much for them to take so I'd recommend them to go back to watching CSI or some other turn-off-your brain procedural

>uuh, yeah we'll add some gunflashes in post, so just wave around the guns and maybe act as if you are ducking some bullets.

>she didn't ruin anything because she didn't add anything!
The absolute state of waifufags.
The show could have entered the AI plot way better without having to deal with her.

Plus it's not even Root-centric. It's a whole of things. I must say as much as I can love Amy Acker, I think the Machine was the best character from the star even before the end. And the most powerful scenes were definitely the ones of her and Harold, seconded by Reese's past

>Still Just wanted to see a Root android that doesn't die and gets to do lewd stuff with Shaw
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have minded that either, but you're right in that it was planned from the beginning, and really heavily foreshadowed in earlier seasons. At the end of the day I'm happy with what we got, because it was cool.

that's a pretty unprovable statement.

Them going away from blank firing guns was the worst thing that happened to the show, but it makes sense why they did. They shot on location in NYC and every time they'd film an action scene a bunch of people would call 911. It got to be too much of a headache for them and the NYPD.

>The show could have entered the AI plot way better without having to deal with her.
It could have, but it didn't. Your reading comprehension is shit and you should stop embarrassing yourself brainlet.

The Machine was best girl

Screaming brainlet is the only thing you have, thus proving your inability to civilized discussion other than circlejerking. Typical waifufags.

It's also amusing how you "people" are unable to actually defend the character and can only use the silly explanation of "it's what we got so that's it".

>REEEEEEEE
You've proven yourself to be a brainlet hater already.
You could just as easily ignore people who likes Root and Shaw but you choose to antagonize them instead just to get (You)s thinking that makes you sound smart. It doesnt. Contrarians are the absolute worst kind of human shit this shithole has to offer. And you're one of them.
There are no shippers in here, only a few people who likes ALL of the characters both waifus and non-waifus. Personally, I would've enjoyed the plot just as much without the waifus, cause I ended up caring about all the rest just as much. But you choose to hate waifus because it triggers you for some retarded autistic reason you can't let go. So the joke on you m8. You're the one getting butthurt because some people likes something you don't. You're the one spending you time trying to troll people who enjoy stuff. You don't even deserve another (You) cause you'll just try to troll some more, but It does feel good to write this.
Let this post be a reply to your future trolling and to future shitposters too.

>muh civilized discussion!
You came to the wrong board faggot.
Nobody is even saying Root made the show, just that she didn't ruin it, which she absolutely didn't. I'd ask why you even think she ruined it, but I know I'd just get a completely nonsensical and retarded answer, so I wont bother. No more (You)'s for you, brainlet.

>there are people out there who actually think Root and Shaw didn't add to the show
>there are actually people who would have preferred the show just remain Reese and Finch fighting random thugs on the street for 5 seasons
No wonder the show got cancelled with an audience like that.

>reeeee if you don't like those CW level tier female characters it means you wanted to show to stay the same forever

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=QX-A3f2zQ8U

Let's talk instead about how every character DOES add to the show. Let's start with Root since she annoys the faggot so much.
Lets see.
Root was a shadow counterpart to Harold at first, abut as she evolves, we clearly see the writers intended for her to become the Machine's avatar from the very start. We just didn't know how they were planning on doing it.

she was also annoying and ruined every scene she was in

Or how about how she had a really clearly defined and natural arc from villain, to neutral sometimes ally, to full blown hero over the course of 4 seasons? Or that the relationship with Shaw that some faggots complain about simply because they dislike the characters was actually written really naturally and never felt overbearing.

That said, Root is not the best character. The undisputed best character is obviously pic related.
tfw no qt omniscient ai daughterfu

>the lesbian shit
>written really naturally
>these people try to claim they aren't biased

I think it's more people didn't like main two guys being sidelined because of the ladies but honestly, I think they ran as long as they could with John by himself. I think they didn't develop his relationship with the others well enough. Root in last season a little bit but I think Shaw was the weak link. They could have done more there.

I think narratively it would have fixed their 'team' problems, story wise.

Root's relationship with harold was great, root and shaw were great but most people got into the show for John so, I think that hurt it a lot in the end.

They gave his character beautiful grace notes in the end but you could tell they didn't know what to do with him for about 2 seasons.

Redemption arcs are always the best in any show
>tfw already best character becomes even better
The Machine a CUTE
And that song is ruined for me... cant listen to it and not feel
I just wanted more cozy father-daughter scenes between those two. It has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Love, pain, uncertainty in the most deepest possible way.

Also.
More feels
youtube.com/watch?v=pLfL00vHKI4

The problem being that John's story was pretty much wrapped up by the end of S3. We knew all we needed to know about his past, what motivated him, he sort of got over Jessica and got to love (and lose) again, there wasn't really much left to do with him. Despite that he still did have some chances to shine, Terra Incognita was one of the best episodes of the series and that was pretty much all John, and his death was perfect

root and harold was tolerable
john and shaw was good too
root and john/root and shaw was unbearable. it felt really forced and and root's personality was >i'm going to be annoying to everyone isn't it cute?
she was the worst actress out of the group and it just felt like a misstep to add her.

You can always plum new depths to a character. It was a major weakness on writer's part that they felt cornered by what they had previously written. I know they hit wall in season 3 but I think the fault lies with writers not knowing what to do, not the character. So we'll have to agree to disagree

Pretty much this Though I agree, what is good could always have been better. But even so, how many shows can brag about getting the "family" vibe where everyone matters?
Personally, I didn0t forget about John even though his story was over. I wanted him to get a happy ending like anyone else.
Even Elias deserved one by the end of it.

I think it's funny how throughout the entire series Finch is terrified of The Machine, but in the end she ends up being the most morally pure character in the show. He was wrong about her.
No other show could make you care so much about a sentient computer.
youtube.com/watch?v=9w1cOgO1DKE
>i loved her, you taught me how. ;_;

You're probably not wrong, I just cant personally think of anything else to do with him.

>worst actress
kek
Damn the faggot is persistent I'll give him that. Still no (You)s

I can't think of any show that got the "family" vibe down as well as Person of Interest, period. And I by no means forgot about John, he was still great, but I didn't have a problem with taking a step back. I definitely wasn't bitter about it like some people seem to be.

It's the angry buffyposter that I shat on in last buffy thread that was angry at amyposters, he was trying to 'heal' the divide between Angel fans and Buffy.

He's such a shitbag.

That wasn't me

>It's the angry buffyposter
That seriously would not surprise me at all.

Gonna post more Smiling Amys while I reply In case i can annoy him some more

I know he's just doing it to be a contrarian cunt, but you have to be completely retarded to think Amy Acker is a bad actress, she was always really good in PoI but in the last few episodes, and the finale in particular she was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=av6x8PD0nXA

This shit still makes me misty eyed.
Really there wasn't a single weak actor on this show, they were all fantastic.

Besides there's only so much you can stretch an Iraq plotline before becoming 24 or some other war show. I actually liked that they wrapped John's tale. Wouldn't have hurt to have more new plots on him, but it was Samaritan's turn. Not that John's entire past wasn't related to it but what the hell.

>waifufags now have invented some kind of boogieman because someone told the truth about Root being a shit character

Remember how I told you I was going to piss you off and make you whine about amyposters.

How's your life going, buddy.

Also once the focus became Samaritan, he just didn't have that much he could feasibly contribute. Dealing with a rogue artificial intelligence was more the domain of the already computer savvy characters like Finch and Root.

Root had a backstory as a hacker but her ability to be an ambidextrous marksmen was a little over the top.
Shaw to me was worse as a character, she brought nothing, she was annoying and despite being a "sociopath" she was just angry all the time.

I was hoping we could move on to other characters too... wanted to talk about Shaw, since she's next in waifu line, and also Finch and how GOAT he is a character with all his talents and flaws. But posting Amy just to annoy some people is kinda of nice too

>Root had a backstory as a hacker but her ability to be an ambidextrous marksmen was a little over the top.
Her being good at killer wasn't really a stretch though, she was a contract killer who even from her first actual appearance clearly had no problem getting her hands dirty. And her being a marksman was more just because The Machine was always in her ear telling her exactly where to shoot.

Fusco should get more praise
Being a killer is one thing, being able to shoot with both hands because a computer is giving an ascending or descending tone? Shaw and John are at least trained operatives and don't do shitty akimbo shenanigans all the time.

>But posting Amy just to annoy some people is kinda of nice too
Normally I'd disagree, but he's such a raging faggot and you just know he's seething with rage so I'll allow it.

I really don't care, my problem is with Root as a character not with the actress.

The tone is literally guiding her hand exactly, I don't really see a problem with it.

And there's nothing to say about the Fuscinator besides that hes perfect in every way
youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg

Strangely enough, there are cases of "super humans" in reality. In fact most of these super smart computer savvy billionaires are usually geniuses from a young age.
Like Da Vinci was ambidextrous etc...
This show was all about that kind of people Harold, Root, Claire and that other billionaire guy from Washington. The one thing their real counterparts usually aren't is assassins, but it's a show

John is a once in lifetime kind of operator. Going toe to toe with special ops with a fucking pistol while they're fully kitted and he holds the objective.

Most people are dead long before that fight can even happen

True, all of the characters were exceptional in some way, even the most mundane character, Fusco, when it got down to it proved a bunch of times that he was an extremely competent detective. Also that he was almost as badass as Reese when push comes to shove. He almost kicked his ass once.

Though Amy should be for cute things and comfy threads, this faggot came here looking for a fight, and I'd say he found one.

Exactly
And this too. The Fuscinator kicked some serious ass, and I just remembered that scene where he broke his own fingers to escape the bad guys

Just remember next buffy thread you see and you see a guy being overly conciliatory, he most likely has an agenda.

It's always a comfy thread when Amy is in it though, no autistic screeching can ruin that.

It's funny because that one guy is always the one who derails and turns those threads into shit with his bitching, everybody else just posts random pictures of Amy while talking about other things.

Can't argue with that.
Yeah... I see a pattern in Amyposters, including me. We can get a thread going and talk about anything else while still posting Amy.

The last Agents of SHIELD season had a super great evil ai character

Anyone else got the feels and the goosebumps on this scene? (spoilers)

youtube.com/watch?v=HlpX3AGLR8w
>Let me tell you who we were

If Amy can be posted in it, it's an Amy thread. But that doesn't mean we only talk about Amy.
We also talk about things like how Sarah Shahi should have gotten more recognition for her acting in S5 because in a show where everybody is a great actor, in a season where everybody delivered a great performance, she was somehow the standout.

When The Machine tells her why Root thought she was special, and her face barely moves, and she only sheds a single tear, but it being Shaw meant she might as well have been sobbing, fuck that was good. She was able to convey a lot with very little, and yet nobody ever talks about it.

Yes. I cried like a baby bitch when I saw it the first time, and it still gives me powerful feels to this day. It is legit the greatest ending to a tv show I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of tv shows.

Is John Reese the coolest and also most tragic character in recent television history?

youtube.com/watch?v=JK8Ioao1cz8

I kept finding certain similarities between her and Dexter (from Dexter)... yeah I know Dexter turned to shit in the end, but the whole beginning was about digging in the mind of a so called "sociopath" and it was the moments we saw him feel what made it great when it was great. And that was Shaw too. She was all warm and cozy underneath

>It's not that you don't have feelings. It's that the volume is too low

What if CBS made more Person of Interest but put it on All Access?

>tfw no man in the suit to inspire you in real life
>I suspected you wer gonna be great employee... But I couldn't have anticipated that you would become... such a good friend
>Goodbye Harold
T_T
fugg

Shaw was a really great character, and Sarah Shahi played her perfectly. It would have been so easy for the writers to make her just a "le strong womyn" character and leave it at that, but there was so much more to her than that. And honestly, the relationship with Root was the best thing for her, because it allowed her to open up and grow a lot more than she would have otherwise.
The whole Samaritan simulation episode with her was great because we got to see Shaw doing things she never would have in the real world. The things she said to Root, the things she did with Root, are all things she really wanted to be able to say and do in real life, but couldn't, and that makes it even more heartbreaking that Root died before she found a way to articulate those things to her. There is no way Shaw in real life could have ever brought herself to say "You were my safe place" to Root, but you know she desperately wishes she could. Their relationship was brutally tragic.

Then I guess I'd have to pay for All Access, obviously.

>tfw john will never move heaven and earth to save you from gangs, loansharks, angry exes or corrupt cops
it hurts

I didn't say Westworld was good, just I hoped Nolan can do better since the show isn't over yet while PoI is.

Sorry bro she was kind of annoying and badly written.

There I am... mesmerized, staring at that picture again. It hurts. Why does it hurt so much and how do I stop it?
Hurts almost as much as the plot itself
Screw it I dont mind how perfect and heartbreaking the ending is. If nobody makes more PoI, Im using the machine simulation scenario as headcanon just so I can imagine everyone being happy.

The other day, I saw a investigative reporter show on tv... there was a dude doing undercover missions on a motorycle, wearing black gear and never showing his face. His task was to infiltrate criminal underworlds and do reporter stuff, but when the show started using squares [ ] to target stuff I knew it. And memories came flooding back

>Why does it hurt so much and how do I stop it?
Find a way to erase all memory of Amy Acker from your mind. But then that would be even more painful, because then you'd live in a world without Amy, and a world without Amy is a cold and joyless world.
>Screw it I dont mind how perfect and heartbreaking the ending is. If nobody makes more PoI, Im using the machine simulation scenario as headcanon just so I can imagine everyone being happy.
I'm not even a comic guy but I think if any show deserves a comic continuation, it's Person of Interest. They could explore various simulations where root is still alive while also continuing the story, with Shaw running missions for a Machine that constantly flirts with her. That's a comic I'd read.

Are you Acker weirdos watching Gifted, or does only unhinged Acker do it for you?

What do you think

That was my favorite exchange in the whole series.
>Okay, let's go.
>I'm not ready to leave yet, Lionel.
>Who said anything about leaving?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZG4xma2YfBQ
I know Reese was drunk, but Fusco still put up a good fight all things considered. Credit where it's due.

So there's no escaping the pain then?
Well... at least we still have The Gifted episodes coming out...
A Harold, or Reese or Shaw new show or guest starring wouldn't hurt though...

You shouldn't be feeling pain from looking at images of Amy user, they should make you happy. The pain comes after when you realize you will never have an amy gf
Also... Bad news, Harold is on Arrow now. So you gotta watch that trainwreck if you want to see more of Finch.

But looking at the images makes me grin like an idiot. And it is exactly tfw no Amy gf what brings the pain after I'm no longer looking at it.
>Arrow
Jeez...Gotta give it some thought. Even if I was willing too... It's a lot of seasons and episodes before. Wonder if this would be a "watch from the start or wont understand" kind of thing, or I can just jump at any moment just for some Finch nostalgia

>But looking at the images makes me grin like an idiot.
Oh, yeah that's completely normal then. It's literally impossible to see Amy smile and not smile yourself.
As for Arrow, it's probably not worth it. I watched the first few episodes when it first started years ago, before superhero fatigue set in, and couldn't get into it, and I've heard nothing but terrible things about it since. I feel bad for Michael Emerson, Person of Interest to Arrow is a hell of a comedown.

Also its time for me to sleep. So long amybro

Later then. Gonna leave this blurry Amy over here and call it a day