Why didn't Gandalf object to Aragorn murdering an unarmed emissary?

Why didn't Gandalf object to Aragorn murdering an unarmed emissary?
Was Jackson suggesting that our heroes weren't actually the good guys?

I think Jackson assumed we'd all be so upset over the completely unbelievable claim that Frodo was dead that we'd support Aragorn doing that.

Mouth of Sauron was basically a nazi. All violence against him is justified

One part hackson completely fucked up

Both Merry and Gandalf don't looked pleased. Why do you think the scene was cut in the Theatrical Cut?

They are taking the hobbits to isengard!

he was ugly so its okay if he gets murdered

non-human deaths dont count

Nice question

>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement"

>all Elves are going to die
>when they die they respawn at the Grey Havens
>they chose to leave instead of helping Theoden and/or Gondor

Tell me anyone with teeth that British doesn't deserve death.

How could Peter Jackson fall so far from the quality of the Lord of the Rings films, to the absolute trash that was the Hobbit ones? Do directors have less influence over their films than I realized, and so the success of the LOTR films was owing to people besides him (if so, why do people idolize directors so much?), or is there some other explanation for it?

>people actually assume morality is absolute

I hate this timeline

Suicide mission
Would have Done the same
Imagen you were facing certain death
And this skinny numale commie mocks you
Wouldnt you slice his head off if you could

blame del taco

It's the George Lucas effect. A mediocre director makes a film sorrounded by much more talented people that positively influence their vision. After the director gains fame people are less likely to argue, disagree or suggest things to them and the director's mediocrity becomes apparent.

>completely unbelievable claim that Frodo was dead

Why was it unbelievable?

Thanks, that's interesting to hear.

>unarmed

If you watch the behind the scenes PJ comes across just like Lucas talking about the original Star Wars or Indiana JonesZ There are a lot of moments where he says "I wanted to do this one thing but so and so told me it was retarded".

>doesn't happen in the book

>murder is ok as long as your morals say so
>rape is ok as long as your morals say so

TWO arms

Murdering those who are trying to murder me and my people is ok, yes.

Rape was never on the table here, why are you talking about it?

gandalf was clearly going to impose economic sanctions on aragorn after aragorn became king.

Maybe, but the studios share a lot of the blame, more than Jackson in my opinion. They wanted the movies out as soon as possible, leaving too little time for preproduction
There's a DVD extra about this for the battle of the five armies. They had sets and actors but no script to work with

There were years of pre-production work done on LOTR and it was a passion project for Jackson and the others making it whereas with the Hobbit Jackson didn't want to direct it but had to step in last minute with almost no prep time and then WB forced him to stretch what was supposed to only be 2 films in to 3 and made them add shit like the romance subplot.

>Maybe, but the studios share a lot of the blame, more than Jackson in my opinion. They wanted the movies out as soon as possible, leaving too little time for preproduction

There was literally nothing wrong with how the movies turned out.

The idea itself was the retarded part, stretching a childrens book of several hundred pages over 3 FUCKING LONG movies.

>Murdering those who are trying to murder me and my people is ok, yes.
that would be self-defense

>Rape was never on the table here, why are you talking about it?
if morals are relative, then rape can be morally justified

>here's armor
>here's your friend's severed head

what's more convincing

ROTTEN teeth

This as well
It could've been a 2 hour movie, perhaps cramped in places
Maybe no Beorn
But yes, the idea of turning the Hobbit into a 9 hour epic is just stupid
I don't blame Christopher for hating those

In the book he (Sauron's emissary) tries to trade Frodo's life for their surrender and future tribute.

>that would be self-defense

Which is honorable and moral.

>if morals are relative, then rape can be morally justified

I don't particularly care, my point was that moralITY is not absolute, not separate morals, which would imply that some situations that are down to moral judgement are relative. Maybe rape isnt one of them.

hey you guys think maybe gandalf smoked weed thats why he was so smart what do you think

Those digits don't lie

What was Saurons tax policy?

He didn't seem that pleased about it to be fair.