Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?

Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?

He is responsible for the parts everyone remembers even from the ones he didn't direct. He wrote the "I am your father line" for Christ's sake".

Even if you don't like the PT, no one ever says "oh he lost his touch" like they do with Coppola, it's always muh saved in editing muh Kasdan, muh shaved rat who really came up with the story.

Fuck Mike Stoklasa and fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Original Six are artistic masterpieces.

Stoklasa made and edited over 3 hours of video essay to explain his points. It took him months to write it and put it together.
You wrote 6 lines of poorly thought up text on the worst board of Sup Forums. You probably thought about it for less than 10 minutes.

Your only argument seems to be "he IS responsible for the good parts because fuck you and fuck Stoklasa".
You'll forgive me if I don't find all of this very convincing.

Because they hate him.

Same reason they suck disney's dick.

Fuck off mike

Who cares about this fucking manchild kike garbage

lol no

But Mike is too stupid to follow TPM.
He wonders why the council didn't send more Jedi back to Naboo- but the answer is obvious. They want to "draw out the Queen's attacker". Maul won't show if he thinks he'll get fucked up.

this unironically

Well?

This scene of the prequels clearly shows that the good parts of the original trilogy were George's work, and nobody else's.
Or you seem to think so for some reason.

No, I just think it shows that Mike is sloppy and finds flaws out of his own failings.

Was this thread really worth making again? It was already explained in the the last thread why George doesn't get all the credit for Star Wars. You didn't need to do this again.

>It was already explained in the the last thread why George doesn't get all the credit for Star Wars.
It most certainly was not.

>all the credit
Not the claim. Read the Coppola part again.

So basically the people that hate on the PT are the same people that seriously think frodo and sam should have ridden eagles to mount doom

The prequels feel like weird super high budget indie movies. The disney wars movies are just generic marvel tier shit.

Take your pills and hit the hay, George

literally figuratively and spiritually not and argument

I'm not arguing with you, mister.

Bed. NOW.

But moooom

I will fuck your butt raw george get in the bed and not another word

*two

*eight

Everything that's not the Original Trilogy sucked ass. Don't even pretend like the prequels were good. Revenge of the Sith had some cool action scenes, that's it.

People who enjoy the prequels are almost always autistic. Mike and rlm fanboys are stupid as fuck, you can't make mentally defective people to understand films when they cognitively cannot appreciate basic elements of storytelling like characterization. Prequel hate is retarded, it's like being mad at amputees for being shit at walking.

>Everything that's not the Original Trilogy sucked ass.
Even Return of the Jedi is mediocre. When it does things right it boasts some of the greatest material of the entire saga, though that stuff exists alongside filler tier and rehashed material.

Do people actually sit through the second act on rewatches? Jabba's palace and the throne room are the only good things about the film

I've never seen an explanation for how or why TPM is worse than RotJ.

Life is too short to waste time analyzing the difference between two turds.

>Mike and rlm fanboys are stupid as fuck
Yes, yes they are, see

And yet people do turd analysis on this board 24/7.

Who fucking cares?

And the greatest space battle ever filmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

If you're that guy, you.

The one is RotS is better. Both attempt shots of ships broadsiding each other, but Rotas does it better.

Rogue One is better than any of the piece of shit episode 1-7 movies so who fuckin cares.

Jabba's Palace doesn't hold up to scrutiny, however, the fight on Jabba's Barge is one of the finest examples of blockbuster filmmaking. The space battle is exciting and attempts to distinguish itself from the Trench Run in ANH. The Throne Room sequence is amazing, Williams is on point with the score here, and is the closest thing in the film to filling like a sequel to TESB.

Another positive is the design of the Death Star II. I would have preferred something different, though at least it is visually striking.

I thought the rogue one battle was better to be quite frank

>those tie fighters that just pop into existence

>Another positive is the design of the Death Star II.
The design was George's idea. Apologize.

>Oh its another shitquel apologists crys about RLM
Damn, just chill out and watch one of your 5 hour cartoon laser sword duels.

>Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?

Because his contribution has been overstated and then understated in reaction. He was undoubtedly important. Obviously. But, so was Ralph McQuarrie, his concept art and charterer designs had a huge impact on the movies. Or, Paul Hirsch who edited down a ton of footage into a comprehensible story.

>Why do people try to rewrite history and claim that Lucas isn't the man behind the OT?
anti-goyim sentiment since he's not a jew

>Ralph McQuarrie
Who do you think described to him what to draw, numbnuts?

false flag

Because there's no rewriting involved. He was the main ideas guy behind it all, but many different hands (including his editor wife, writers, other director, etc) played a very large part in taking the OT great.

The prequels are the greatest example of how he has very interesting ideas, but he desperately needs other people to help him refine them and toss out some of his crazier ideas (or help keep humanity in the film, as was the case of his wife making sure Lucas kept in scenes during A New Hope).

>. He was the main ideas guy behind it all, but many different hands (including his editor wife, writers, other director, etc) played a very large part in taking the OT great.
Wow you just described most movies.

>many different hands (including his editor wife, writers, other director, etc) played a very large part

oh so like every other movie that has ever been made

Except the prequels where he didn't have any pushback, which OP was complaining about and ignoring.
Obviously I stepped into a troll thread, moving on.

>where he didn't have any pushback
wrong desu
Burtt, Williams, Neeson, Lee, etc all did some friendly jocking with him.
Lee refused to beg for mercy to Anakin, for exsmple.

>It was McQuarrie who first suggested that Darth Vader should wear a breathing apparatus.[1] In an interview with Star Wars Insider Magazine, McQuarrie stated that Lucas's artistic direction was to portray a malevolent figure in a cape with Samurai armour. "For Darth Vader, George [Lucas] just said he would like to have a very tall, dark fluttering figure that had a spooky feeling like it came in on the wind." McQuarrie noted that the script indicated that Vader would travel between spaceships and needed to survive in the vacuum of space, and he proposed that Vader should wear some sort of space suit. Lucas agreed, and McQuarrie combined a full-face breathing mask with a Samurai helmet, thus creating one of the most iconic designs of space fantasy cinema.

This is disingenuous. Lucas had the Samurai helmet idea, being the weeb. McQuarrie only made the breather.

stop. troll thread.

Wait WTF I thought he was blonde

lol

>defending shit

This is a low effort post.

OP is retarded.
Go read a book. Pretty much Lucas was the idea guy. Him, his wife (and editor), friends, and co-writers all made what the OT was.

It was a collaborative and that's what made the prequels shitty (no one from the OT to help essentially, all yes men), as well as the Disney by-the-numbers movies (which is ironically inverse, too many cooks in the kitchen scenario).

2/10 bait people took it

>2/10 bait people took it

but you took it though

Being a giant autist doesn't qualify as making a point, though.

Are you trying to spam this pasta as a new board meme or something? We've already had this twice today.

>Go read a book.
OP here, I did. I read "Skywalking", that's why I made the post.
Also he had plenty of challengers and collaborators on the PT.
Tom Stoppard and Steven Spielberg were very involved in RotS.

>He wrote the "I am your father line" for Christ's sake".
Are quotation-marks new to you?

His attempts at doing Star Wars on his own demonstrate that he was barely a footnote to the success of the OT.