Will this flop? We all know the majority of SJW's who praise these types of characters dont actually read comics

Will this flop? We all know the majority of SJW's who praise these types of characters dont actually read comics

It'd rather get Casey and Dragotta's version if it ever comes out.

>Will this flop?
yep

I'm sure it'll do ok. Maybe in the 30, 000 range by issue 4. She'll get some attention due to advertising but won't really gain any new fans, just people who already knew her

>how about this Pepe punches your shit.jpg

I still think they should have pushed her as Marvel's WW instead of Carol.

"Best" case scenario it's another Squirrel Girl and tradefags keep it afloat

I'm excited for it

I dont mind Ms America in Ultimates but I think (eventually) Carol will catch on and I think she deserves the push more

Best case scenario it comes out to big numbers because Lesbian PoC collect the 86 variants then dies down to modest numbers.
Worst case scenario is it's a total flop and is selling Boom! tier numbers in a few months but Marvel refuses to kill it

Oh god, please bring back Captain Socalism, at least his run was innocently off the point instead of a meme comic.

There was no point in bringing Rogers back to life. He deserves peace from this.

>(eventually) Carol will catch on
Nah.

Carol "will eventually catch on" since 2008.

Only read the interview with the writer saying "She has all these catch phrases like saying 'chico'" and that was enough to know this is gonna be absolute garbage.

What the fuck does Chico mean?

I can already see the excuses.

"I-it sells well digitally!"
"Then show the numbers, Marvel!"
"NOT!"

Don't forget
>heterosexual white males are to blame!

Boy in Spanish. That's a catch phrase I guess, calling guys "chico". Amazing creative skills.

basically is the equivalent of "dude" for some latinos (not mexico though)

>Will this flop?

Story wise? Hopefully not. I always want good, interesting stories and characters.

Saleswise? Maybe if it's good, people will buy it. Ofc, thats not to say good shit always sells.

Overall: No idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

>We all know the majority of SJW's who praise these types of characters dont actually read comics

I mean what type of character? She's truly one of a kind. Unless you know of another Hispanic lesbian that wears short shorts and stomp holes into other realities.

you haven't seen the preview have you? this shit will be dead on arrival. it's already getting tons of shit for her new costume being an exact 90's Superboy ripoff, but with inverted colors

That wasn't my question the question was "What type of character?" If you're talking about Superboy SJWs weren't the only guys doing so.

>Will this flop?

What is it, feminist superhero womyn?

If so, it'll flop, as men don't want to be lectured to by annoying bitches (no matter how well drawn).

Do we really want it to flop? Everyone here seems to be on the boat of "YEA IT'LL FLOP HAHA DATS GUD!" but I remember a time were people actually had fun with comics and got excited with new releases. And it wasn't just htat long ago either.

>We all know the majority of SJW's who praise these types of characters dont actually read comics
Most people who talk about comics don't read them, Sup Forums included. The medium's too expensive and inaccessible for your average interested casual, I guess.

I don't see it doing over 15k by issue 8 unless the writing truly surprises. Marvel might keep it going depending on the trade or digital sales but it's probably not going to do great numbers floppy-wise.

They don't even have to be annoying or feminist this day and age. You'll get triggered at a woman kicking some dude in the balls because you think it's pushing propaganda.

>Most people who talk about comics don't read them, Sup Forums included.

This lowkey I haven't read a comic in years. I just come here cause I like the characters and seeing YOU discuss them.

>american america dressed americanly threateningly raising a fist against the enemies of america

If I didn't know any better I'd think she's lining up to punch someone back over the wall.

she looks like a woman who would have extremely hairy forearms, and be prone to fatness

>comic about a qt brown lesbian

I wish it wouldn't

Female characters that deserve a book more ad would have better stories to tell (because by SJW mandate it needs to be female)
>Songbird
>Sarah Stacy (Gwen and Osborn's kid. Wait, is she still alive?)
>Elsa Bloodstone
>Hazmat (there's a lot of work to be done after arena and undercover)
>that Kree Starbrand who's quest to destroy Earth failed because of how much she wanted to make out with Starbrand

I think some people just take glee in Marvel's various flopped runs because they're throwing a lot of shit at the wall in the hopes of finding another Fraction Hawkeye run amidst the dross.

As for this particular book, I'm willing to be surprised. Ewing's current books are full of characers I don't give a flying fuck about, but I still read them because they're fun. This is mildly concerning though but it could turn out like Peter Parker's well known catchphrase "crazy town banana pants" that was a thing for like two issues.

We can only hope, fellow Carolfag.

I don't understand the issue with her saying Chico. I seriously dont

>Sarah Stacy

I'd be seriously surprised if Sins Past and Sins Remembered ever get acknowledged ever again. Plus she's basically just another Gwen clone and there's already a clone and dimensional duplicate kicking around.

I don't know if that's true. I think that the amount of people who praise comics for being inclusive buy them but keep in mind that's still a very low number. Just because 100, 1000, ten thousand people on tumblr and twitter love Kamala Khan doesn't mean that much for sales

If the writer said in the interview that she had cool catchphrases like "totally radical" I'd be equally as wary. It makes me suspect it's gonna something rammed into the dialogue constantly, without finesse or restraint.

Considering the current state of the industry, neither does Sup Forums nor reddit.

>Will this flop?
You never know but if it does it more likely be because America isn't a well known character rather than quality. Marvel hasn't had success with new properties in recent years, most of the solos have ended up as stealth minis. The quality really depends on how well the writer can balance the college parts with the heroics. Keep the characterization consistent with Ultimates. Don't lose sight of the fact that she isn't actually human or even from an alternate earth, I feel like the writer doesn't fully understand she is not actually a Latina. This isn't the MAC solo I would have wanted but it could be better than I expect.

Ms. Marvel already says Chico a lot tho....like a lot a lot.

LOL Ms. America.

You know Marvel, can't have too many Gwen books.

Pretty sure Sarah died but her brother survived being washed up onto a shore

It's a cute meme that people keep imagining the "Captain" in the title, but it's still a meme.

Maybe with Tony in his death-coma thing he'll meet true Rodger in the in-between and Cap will smack him back to the way he used to be and they'll bro it up in the after life with Rhodey and Logan in sweet death.

She hasn't said it since Young Avengers. It really doesn't make sense that Gillen kept the spanish stuff in after he retconned her into being from another dimension that doesn't even have a south America.

I'm not him but they would have kept the spanish stuff so they can keep saying they are diverse, after all Marvel care more about diversity than continuity

Theres a horsey in space with a giant magical asgardian hammer that he got from an ancient deity. This is NOT far fetched.

I want it to because shes a qt brown lesbian
but i know it wont because shes a brown lesbian and that's all the book will be about, rather than about a good book about a super strong being that can travel dimensions

>Female characters that deserve a book more ad would have better stories to tell
>kree starbrand

But she has less characterization than America. All it was "destroy the Kree's enemies".

>Songbird
She is teamzoned forever user, you know this is true.

>Elsa Bloodstone
She might get one, Axel said they wanted to spin at least two books out of MU and so far just monsters unleashed was announced.

>Strong independent female
>lesbian because it's in the vogue for SJWs
>le "I don't care, let's punch it XD" attitude while most heroes are busy striking Bronze Age poses

Come on man, she's a dime a dozen at current Marvel. You can like her all you want but it doesn't change the fact that she absolutely doesn't stand out anymore than an edgy, pouch wearing, multi-barreled-gun toting anti-hero did in the 90's.

Elsa's gonna be in that Kid Kaiju book

Beta Ray Bill had an established backstory.

Ms America literally comes from a fanfiction universe.

>shes a brown lesbian and that's all the book will be about, rather than about a good book about a super strong being that can travel dimensions
That's the worst part. You know the super strong dimension travel would be cool as hell, but that will probs be pushed aside so they can focus on the 'brown les' part for about 5 issues then put a panel of super strength and dimension hop in issue 6 then go right back to lessing out in college.

How is that not her backstory?

Well now, the comic hasn't come out yet so...

Because it's like two pages long and filled with fuck all context

>I am from the multiverse of lesbians, made by Wiccan as literal cosmic fanfiction

How can you compare that with a straight face to a marvel story literally called "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill"

Hell, Ms.America is probably the perfect comparison, it shows Old Marvel compared to new.

One is the story of an ugly space monster proving valor and honour are more than a pretty face.

The other is proving you don't need good writing, only quotas.

I mean there's various other comics SJWs don't get behind despite having a strong female lead. On top of this, they ALSO have lesbians.

>>le "I don't care, let's punch it XD" attitude while most heroes are busy striking Bronze Age poses

Again you're describing various other none supported heroines not just of this day and age.

Chico thing started with Gillen since he had her say chico all the time.

It's not a thing Mexicans or other Latin Americans say a lot unless talking about a boy, and it's not a replacement for "dude" and Mexicans use güey/wey for that.

I dunno about Chicanos or Puerto Ricans tho might be their thing like how they use ese.

I'm not him but holy fuck I didnt know thats her "origin" so she isnt even really real. We have to send her back

America said Puta before gillen though.

Joey Q. draws 'em sufficiently thick so I'm down.

>Because it's like two pages long and filled with fuck all context

Do you know how many heroes have been introduced this exact same way. It's still a bit of backstory. Maybe not detailed filled, but it is a back story and given the universe it's less than farfetched.

I want it to be good but so far the writer is not giving me much hope since everything they have said so far about America comes off as cringey.

you could describe anything to sound that bad by using bias user
>beta ray bill is a faggy horse alien that came to earth to steal thor's hammer because he's a mary sue that can lift it since he has a fanfic-tier sob backstory

Nothing changes. Everything stays the same.

It's not the problem of saying Chico, it is her catchphrase, the problem is that it is being used as a marketing tool.
It's like saying we're making a Luke Cage comic series and he says 'Sweet Christmas' that's not really an advertisement hook if that makes sense. He's been saying that since he was made it would be weirder if he wasn't saying it.

Wtf I hate Beta Ray Bill now

Just admit it is a shitty backstory already, unclefucker.

What's your point? She calls She-Hulk a puta but she didn't use it as a "catch phrase" while with Gillen she was all "Hey Chico!" To Loki and Billy every panel or so.

I really, really, really hate Wiccan.

Yes, it will flop.

The preview didn't even show anything new, it jus reinstated that she's a lesbian

>The other is proving you don't need good writing, only quotas.

1. Ms. America Chavez had been in a few decent stories. Most of which she was the best characters.

2. She isn't the only one with this sort of origin given many if not most heroes of now and in the past usually didn't have well detailed back stories, however upon getting their solos they're expanded upon

3. It would be filling a quotas if she was stuck on an all white team for that soul purpose. She wasn't, she is getting her own solo only because people are interested in her. Now if we're talking about quotas, Storm, Luke Cage, and Black Panther were created HANDS DOWN for this purpose. Turned out pretty good seeing how they are now A list.

That is true, i'll read it for a fair view cause i could atleast do that right? What's the worst that could happen it may be better than i hope.

She should have "Don't you know I'm loco?" as her catchphrase.

It explained where she came from, how she got here, and why acts the she does. It didn't need to be much more.

But it's only 2 pages long remember, we don't know how shitty her full backstory is seeing how we haven't really got it.

I'll say 2 pages is a horrible way to execute giving her a backstory.

>hating on Beta Ray Bill because we find Putadyke boring and poorly constructed.

Let me explain this as simply as I can.

The introduction of Beta Ray Bill gave us his motives, his ideals, his thoughts and his personality. It gave us a conflict of morality straight away and established Beta Ray Bill as a character.

Ms.America has never had that, not in her introduction, not in ANY of her issues, because she was designed entirely around being her Quota-filler.

She's a lesbian, she's a minority, she's a tough girl!

Her entire backstory is she comes from Wiccan's cosmic fanfiction Thermyscra where everybody munched carpet.

Even in Ultimates, she's basically a punching plot device that is there to remind everyone they have a mexican dyke. She adds nothing.

How about it be an interesting story

>it is being used as a marketing tool.
Where? Just because the writer brought it up? It hasn't been on the ads and I don't think has even been mentioned outside that interview.

No. That's not arguing against anything I Just said.

>>hating on Beta Ray Bill because we find Putadyke boring and poorly constructed.

Who is hating on Beta Ray, I simply said he exists in a universe that is fairly absurd. Ms America speaking being an inter dimensional latino soundign girl is pretty believable.

Morrison did Superman's origin using just one page, and it wasn't nearly as bad as "I am lesbian fanfiction made into flesh".

How would a universe full of only lesbians carry on? Like nobody would be able to reproduce unless they made it so girls could somehow give birth on their own

>She is teamzoned forever user, you know this is true
Every now and then some breakout for a time before being forced to return to teams only. The Thing, Vision, just about every X-man who had a solo at some point. Sure it won't last, but it doesn't mean it won't happen.

>Let me explain this as simply as I can.

First off. This isn't a Ms America vs. Beta Ray Bill argument. The user was simply saying, if there's a magical horse person flying around in space, there's no reason there can't be a feisty hispanic going to different universes and punching shit. His argument was it was not believable however since when have MARVEL comics followed the laws of our realms.

Oh sure, we can pass everything off as "Believable"

That doesn't make her good. She's a fucking terrible character from her design point. Like, REALLY BAD.

Let me repeat this, Cosmic fanfiction of a horny bisexual reality warper.

Yes.
Poochie is garbage.

A universe of only women would carry on like a universe of only men, either it wouldn't or they would develop some means to reproduce, or the more likely scenario is magic.

Is there any hook to this beyond "lesbian superhero"?

of course

Super strong dimension hopper who's going to college?

if they focused on the multiverse stuff and the shit she has lived through instead of lol college dude, i would consider it.

>Going to college

Why? She's thick as two planks and has super strength and dimensional powers.

She's beauty, she's grace, she'll punch you in the face! XD

Judging from the preview they arent focusing on that aspect of her very much and more about her social life, just read Ultimates if you want to see her actually doing stuff

Sounds pretty dime-a-dozen.

yes, she has to go back

Because she never got an education where she was so now she wants one supposedly.