Who was (or is) the biggest dirtbag in the comics industry?

Who was (or is) the biggest dirtbag in the comics industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Byrne
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's Bob Kane, no question.

Waid

Definitely Bob Kane.

Gotta be Kane. most of the assholes have done at least some good work

I've heard there's been a lot of scumbags in the industry but if none were as bad as Kane that's a bit reassuring

THIS. Bob Kane is king of the assholes

I shall join the chorus.
Bob Kane.
Must say though, I do pity him also, to live his entire life on a lie - how hollow he must have felt.

What did he do?

Created Batman, duh.

Took credit for creating Batman, while using ghost artists who he'd later give the finger.

The "Bill Finger".

A shitty version that isn't the one we know today or even the one that debuted in the golden age

He fucked over pretty much everyone. Siegel and Schuster (creators of Superman) contacted him about the possibility of a joint lawsuit against DC, following this Kane decided to rat the pair out to DC management.
He also claimed his contract with DC was void due to him being a minor at the time of signing it (a lie), with the new contract forcing DC to acknowledge him as the sole creator of Batman as well as a load of extra royalty cheques.

>it's a "Marvel shills attacking a DC creator" episode

He died rich, taking full credit for something that was primarily someone else's invention. That man, Bill Finger, died alone in poverty. Only after he died did Kane speak up about how he didn't give Bill enough credit, with a sob story about how "he told his wife he wish he could go back in time and give him credit."

Then look at what they put on his tombstone and see if that was really what he thought. He was scum. Most people in the industry knew he was scum. He was all of the worst parts of Stan Lee without any of the good parts.

Stan is worse though. He's a copycat.

Kane also fucked over Sprang and other artists

Like Stan fucked over Kirby and Ditko. Your point?

I love the story of Stan at the funeral mentioning Ditko was Kirbys best inker and wanting to wander off to look at Laurel and Hardys graves

It's OK when Stan does it, user.

Stan split the profits and made sure people knew they were creators. And he actually wrote shit occasionally

Nice meme, bro. As nice as your Bob Kane ones.

Stan's not even the worst Marvel dude (it's probably Byrne right?)

Why are people trying to force company war bullshit itt

>people criticise greedy bastards who took credit for something they didn't create
>They must be shills
>AND SHILLS FROM A RIVAL COMPANY NO LESS
>THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET ME AND EVERYONE I LIKE

Marvel ain't perfect, but most of their employee's faults can be associated with senility or trying too hard to get in 'with the cool crew', when you just come off as patronising.

Kane was a wanker, an Edison level one at that.

>dat one time when Jim Steranko punched Bob Kane at a convention

>OP sees how his anti-DC thread backfires
maybe next time, OP.

>Bawww the man who draws attractive ladies hurts my feelings

>believing a Drumpf voter
user, you just went full shill.

>yfw the same happens with Trump
I can almost see OP praising the PotUS to the skies.

So it's Stan's fault that none of the presidents in Kirby's lifetime liked the funnybooks?

Well, yes. Stan knew how to make people dumb. Not to mention that Stan`s ideology is closer to GWB's than Roosevelt's; that coward managed to dodge the draft.

>He hates Edison
>>>/reddit/

At least people know about Kirby, next to nobody even heard of Finger until Nobleman put out that book

>DC finally gives Finger credit
>Marvel still pretends that Stan created the whole MU
Sigh.

This board sucks now.

>now

Pat Lee should be a close second.

Let me guess: he works for DC too.

He's mostly known for his Dreamwave """work""", so no. Nice boogeyman tho

And that's OK with you? No wonder you love Stan.

Hey, it's not DC's fault if Marvel is dying.

Anyway, time to be a good DCfag and hit the gym. You should do the same, OP; it's better than being a bitter fatso. Bye!

Bendis

No one even mentioned Marvel before you company war faggots showed up.

Stan at least acknowledges the work of Kirby, Ditko, etc. and allows them to be credited.

I don't get people getting all defensive and bringing up fucking Trump in this thread. If you think Stan Lee or Bendis is a bigger dirtbag, just fucking say that and why you think so. Get over the victim complex about people having it out for DC. It's probably just that Bob Kane's adventures in being a piece of shit are better documented, anyway

If you ever want to know what kind of man Bob Kane was, from the perspective of one of the industry greats, take a look at this video from Jim Steranko:

youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0

Now, politically speaking, you may not like Jim, but he was very candid about shitting on Bob Kane in a very public setting. He was a friend of Bill Finger's and he had no qualms about speaking ill of that dead fuck.

fpbp

>Defending Bob

This is way to a ticket straight to hell i guess

>Get over the victim complex about people having it out for DC

It's not even having it out for DC! It's just Kane

Is just a samefag epidemic that is going on in all boards since last month

>(it's probably Byrne right?)

What in the actual fuck are you even talking about?

Byrne hardly gets any credit for HIS and Claremont's X-Men run even though he was the co-plotter of most of the books and the artist for most of the good stuff. While it's true that Claremont didn't try to fuck him over and claim credit (looking at you Bob and Stan) I don't understand why people hate Byrne.

While both Stan and Bob fucked over people; the biggest cancer in modern comics is Ike Perlmutter.

Seriously, this. Stan Lee has a lot of problems, but he'll say that Ditko and Kirby did something.
Compare that to Bob Kane, who once said he wrote, drew, inked, and colored every Batman comic in the Golden Age.

It's not a company wars thing, Bob Kane really is that much of a fucking asshole that every time someone shits on Stan Lee, there should be an asterisk after saying "but at least he's not Bob Kane".

Stan Lee once said in an interview he came up with Captain America.

I'm not disagreeing with Bob Kane being an asshole. But don't pretend Stan Lee isn't too.

This bastard.

As senile as Stan is he probably thinks he came up with Superman.

Stan is famous in the industry for his shit memory and short attention span. Even back in his prime he was constantly forgetting things. It's only gotten worse as he's aged.

What about the people who sued the creator of Archie?

Bob Kane still stole other people's work even in the 80's. He copied Todd MacFarlane's Batman artwork for the Keaton movie promo.

Oh, Stan's definitely a dirtbag, but he's a distant second to the man who literally has on his gravestone that his only co-worker when making Batman was God.

If there was any justice in the world, a lightning bolt or meteorite should shatter that self-postulating bile.

>I don't understand why people hate Byrne.
Have fun.
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Byrne