'Wonder Woman' Is Officially The Highest-Grossing Superhero Origin Film

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA Sup Forums BTFO AGAIN

>forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/11/02/wonder-woman-is-officially-the-highest-grossing-superhero-origin-film/#51a6bab6ebd9

Wait until Black Panther drops kid. :)

hopefully this means they completely ditch Snyder and make more Marvel-esque films that are actually fun

Is that adjusted for inflation?

>Normies don't know inflation.

>Snyder produced and wrote Wonder Woman

>a film based around a female has made the most

dry your eyes snowflake

No it isn't. The first spiderman adjusted for gross/ticket sales/inflation is still the highest.

figured as much. Anything so they can virtue signal.

how come budget and marketing never get adjusted for inflation?

>tfw some Sup Forums poster said it won't even break even
Shit. wish I've sceencaped those posts

THE FUTURE IS FEMALE #FightLikeAGirl #WhoRunTheWorld

Someone actually cared this much about RT scores to make this image.

>Highest-Grossing Superhero Origin Film
>Origin Film
Are you trying to be stupid?

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEEEEN

It was probably a numale marvel fan

And then there is Batman 1989 and Superman 1978 still ahead

Sure, but you'll always just be a talking fleshlight for actual men

I will reserve my laughter for when Wonder Woman gets "snubbed" by the Oscars and the media starts rioting

Question:
Does Wonder Woman rely solely on BvS for her origin, or does wonder woman rely solely on wonder woman for her origin?
If you answer right, youre not a complete retard.

Snyder is all over Wonder Woman, though. There's nothing Marvel-esque about the movie, they wen for a Richard Donner's Superman kind of vibe.

>highest grossing
ooh!
>super hero
ehhh...
>origin film
LEL! Less than fucking nothing!

P O W E R F U L L

Disney shills on suicide watch.

>Snyder is all over Wonder Woman. They went with the opposite of Snyder vibe.

>1 of 3 writers

>Unadjusted

>keeping it in theaters for 22 weeks just to break irrelevant records

They are gonna keep it on theaters until 2020 in the hopes that it breaks 1 billion

Bottom right should be Snyder

Not really. They just masked it by opening on bright Paradise island, and then with Gal being cute and clueless, and Chris being basically unpowered Steve Rodgers. The actual plot and backdrop was dark and bleak as fuck, and even the big win at the end is a sacrifice and victory that lasts briefly until WW2. It makes Man of Steel and Batman v Superman look like fucking comedies when it comes to tone.

Were thoze technically origin films? Its been so long since I've seen them but I thought Batman 89 focused on an established Batman

In their defense, it really looked like shit, and it is shit.

>cute

stop this meme
she's retarded and annoying
annoyingly retarded

Yeah it was really fucking Snyder influenced. The only difference was that there was a hint of romantic comedy but even that ended in tragedy.

Yes. Batman 1989 doesn't show him training but it has the alley origin and him becoming Batman for the first time.

Superman 1978 is obviously an origin film.

>adjusted
Technically, not the highest then.

Transformers for Americans

what went wrong?

remember when Sup Forums said it would flop

Superman 1978 was the best original film made.

>there are legitimately people on this planet that believe Wonder Woman was better than Man of Steel

I'll agree that MoS has its issues (STOP INVINCIBLE SON and too much fighting to the point it becomes tiring in the final act), but it's like the fucking Godfather compared to the tripe that was WW.

The media loves to prop up this flick for (((some))) reason

I don't even like MoS that much but this is fucking ridiculous

Wonder Woman is not even competently made.

It's not just the media.

How does it compare when:
1. Adjusted for inflation
2. Number of tickets sold

what a stupid argument. none of us was alive during those hundreds of years, you cunt

Too bad it's a forgettable film with no lasting value.

WOLF WARRIOR 2 FUCK YES

neither was MoS.

not even in the top 10, just like every "record breaking" movie of the last decade.

I see people praising it's tone and inherent feminism, and I really wonder if we saw the same film.

This is the same movie where we see walking wounded leaving a battlefield, the heroine for all her power, unable to help them. Where we see a village that was full of joy and greatful people, rescued the day before, where the heroine had her first and only night with her lover, gassed to death. Where her mental breakdown and immaturity costs her a proper goodbye, and even a chance to save the day without his sacrifice, as the real hero of the film - a WHITE MALE - gives his life.

A film where early on, the noble and bright amazons decline to 'save the world', in favor of looking after themselves, the queen banishing Diana. Where Steve has to help her find 'something suitable to wear'. Where if not for Steve, she would have accomplished nothing she wished to. Where she was basically a super powered battering ram he nudged the direction they needed to go in. Where it was his mission that really mattered all along, and hers just intersected with it, with ambiguous results.

As I said in another thread, though. What the hell. A win for the DCEU is a win.

>male-only showings of "voting"

It's like she worded that in the most retarded way possible on purpose

Hell, she could've said "we still have a male-only presidency" and it would've made the same argument

THE FUTURE IS RED HOT #FightLikeABrave #DontBeASlave

Does she fuck them in the comics?

Warner Bros was trying to squeeze every penny they could out of Americans

"Love"
>obliterates you with lightning

The margins in burgerland is a lot better so it's not surprising.

It's showing in just 55 theaters now, despite having been released on dvd for almost 2 months now

They made every effort possible to get those headlines

Wait... this is STILL in theaters?

lmao

Homecoming made more oh wait I forgot Amerifats only care about domestic nvm

This is perfect.
Sup Forums utterly BTFO'ed!

Only in America
It's their favorite movie ever

>reducing women to their sexual organs

I really wish you wouldn't do that

It is the current year, after all

I don't understand "origin". Isn't "The Avengers" the origin of the team?

Oh, wait, FFS they're only counting "domestic" box office. Fuck out of here with that.

>origin film

who gives a fuck about a subgenre of a subgenre

It's the year 1438 in Islam.

IT'S ANOTHER NAKBA

SOMEBODY CALL THE UN

>homecoming
>origin movie

what?

thanks to the dumb american audience

10/10 in muricah