ITT: The moment when the Simpsons became dead to you

ITT: The moment when the Simpsons became dead to you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6h9YRCMqM
maggieanderic.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get why this episode enrages Sup Forums so much.

You're confusing Sup Forums with that one guy who keeps complaining about Lisa Simpson

Evil underground jockey elves

Armin Tamzarian

The Color Yellow

I don't like it, but not hate it. It's because it's not funny, and exaggerates Lisa and Barts dysfunctional relationship just for the sake of exaggeration. And seriously, 42 meters is too much

Screamapillar

This will be the sixth time we've created this thread and we've become exceedingly efficient at it.jpg

except she was wrong and it is aknowleged

>comic book guy points out that the simpsons already did the having a horse episode
>homer looks at the camera and goes pfffftt, does anyone care?
>half the city ansers no
the irony of them having to sink so low they bringed back frank grimmes to attempt to get more views because they no longer know how to get people interested is delicious

The writers were butthurt at Usenet Simpsons fans.

This is like the thousandth thread in the last year and you know it.

They brought back Grimey? fuck. i stopped watching around the time the movie came out, felt like that was the right thing to do.

>not getting the reference

>The moment when the Simpsons became dead to you
My 18th birthday.

Same reason Mr Enter does

Tony Hawk episode
not one laff.

yes and the interview before it was depresing as fuck
showrunner admitted they have no idea what to even try to get people to watch anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6h9YRCMqM

Really? I have to see that

Has someone suggested making the show good again?

Al Jean thinks it's still as good as Season 3. No joke.

>they bringed back frank grimmes
THEY DID FUCKING WHAT JESUS

Yeah but we can ignore him and talk to the other people who work on this shit.

>only 42 people in Tiananmen square

>showrunner admitted they have no idea what to even try to get people to watch anymore
If they showed Lisa naked, we might watch it.

>one completely insignificant character who has a major role in one episode and bit appearances in a few others is somehow the worst thing to ever happen to the show

Good god did that pass me off

>Bart makes a fart joke at Lisa's expense
> She proceeds to torture him for weeks

Marge asks her to stop do he can live in the house

> no I can't think of one nice thing he's done to me

What a bitch

She's 8, dude. Kids tend to be vindictive to each other.

I don't remember any of the staff criticizing the show in public aside from Harry Shearer.

Like so many episodes of post-90s simpsons it take an already absurd premise to retarded extremes. But I think the icing on the cake for this episode was having Lisa claim she couldn't think of a single nice thing Bart has ever done for her. Consequently ignoring all the shit Bart has done for Lisa over the series. It's one thing to write a shit episode but this one had to do so while pretending the far better episodes never happened.

Literally why.

the tennis episode

fart joke vs homelessness

she's supposed to be the "good one", it's one thing if she sees how she's being shitty like in the Vegetarian ep, but she honestly thinks she's in the right the whole time

Is that a boy dressed as a girl?

If they're going to give Bart so many girlfriends why don't they age him up so it actually makes sense?

Yes.

looks like an Audrey Hepburn crossplay. kek.

Seasons 2 - 11 are still good and the rest is just fanfiction.

>is 10 years old first appearance
>aged up to 13 second appearance
>aged back down to 10 third appearance

I wonder if the Chinese know that they are selling all their unwanted babies to old lesbians.

Then why in gods name would the supreme court pass her restraining order? Are you going to claim they are 8 as well?

>Season 11
>good

Also it seems that Ling is pretty horribly abused by P&S anyway.

Nope, still good
Just because it had a celebrity cameo it doesn't mean its categorically bad

Boys of Bummer

Remember when Asians had white skin on the Simpsons?

So, not since Season 4?

Those were the days

I hated this one so much.

What's that like Season 13 or something?
I think that's around the time I stopped watching live

Also Marge's back tho

Fuck this shitty plug for Zooey LYLSOQUIRKY Deschanel's Fox show.

>showrunner admitted they have no idea what to even try to get people to watch anymore

It has gotten really pathetic, I just learned recently that they gave the comic book guy a cute young japanese girlfriend, is clear that their intention was to "get fhe weeb audience"

It's just Paul McCartney, it's still good, it's still good

You hate it because you find the rape distasteful or because it was stupid?

Season 15

either this or YVAN EHT NIOJ, can't recall which came first, but I think between them was a clear indication that this show wasn't for me anymore

You think it would have been a good idea at some point to age up the characters and, like, Bart and Lisa could be in college or someshit like that? Just from a purely hypothetical standpoint.

For example Maggie and Eric is a site dedicated to a Simpsons spinoff that takes place 12 years after the original takes place. I think that it's an excellent idea. maggieanderic.com

Please don't post that character. I'm not kidding.

YVAN EHT NIOJ was still good

>Hey you! Join the Navy!

>MaggieAndEric.com is for sale

ah yes the 300th episode dark times indeed

right on
if you can't laugh at
>Hey you! Join the Navy!
I feel for ya

Get lost, Cordless.

This one made me physically angry.

It's bottom of the barrel, late-era Family Guy tier humor

Homer getting his hand chopped off in Homer the Moe.

The Movie was the beginning of the end. It was good, but everything after it was doomed to fail.

Not even a character, more like a pile of random jokes designed to fuck with Bart's head.

The series had already stopped being good before the movie. The movie was watchable though.

>The movie was watchable though
Nah.

I hated that bitch so fucking much.

Only because she was voiced by Sarah Silverman though.

Gaga

Context?

No, it was the character itself, I am a spic and saw the episode in spanish (i.e. no silverman voice) and I still hated her.

I can't stand when something cool or interesting happens- but then it goes back to the status quo!

What a terrible episode.

I wouldn't call it a work of art, but I didn't walk out of the theater.

Fucking this, this is the reason why I donĀ“t watch western cartoons anymore, very few shows actually have consequences.

There's a lot of fanart of her though.

>Annoying bitch is popular in tumblr

Color me surprised.

Nah it's more like pedofags like Simpsons Guy and Jimmy.

Lisa orders a restraining order against Bart.
Lisa kind of becomes mad with power but is presented as having a legitimate gripe
Bart becomes feral after being forced to live in the woods for violating the order and having the distance made larger
Lisa can't think of three nice things Bart did for her
Also a gay Walmart subplot with Homer

Fuck this character.

I am committed to The Simpsons and still consider 3 or 4 episodes a season to be "good". I liked that one with the lacrosse last season.

This one was very difficult for me to accept though and I usually manage to forget it exists.

Bart is ten years old

Bart is fucking ten years old.

indeed 301 currently

the 300th is marge's muscles

American Dad balances it perfectly.

>I am committed to The Simpsons and still consider 3 or 4 episodes a season to be "good"
Put your trip back on, Boco.

The moment South Park aired.

Seriously. One episode in and I never went back to the Simpsons. The movie was the ONLY exception.

But what happens in the end?

Bart makes a wicker Lisa
She counts that as the final good thing and goes to Bart
Jimbo and co. walk up because the idea was to burn it because of how much of a bitch Lisa was being
She doesn't give a shit and burns the pole and restraining order.

Darcy was hot.

Hasn't died.
Everybody who has an IQ over 130 knows that old Simpsons is pure trash and that new Simpsons is gold.

Trash Simpsons:
>"le epic 90s references guys xD lol like brick phones" bullshit for "nostalgia" purposes that children scratch their heads at
>literally no celebrities that are relevant like Kim Bassinger (literally who?)
>shitty animation
>pathetic stories

Gold Simpsons:
>modern time references that EVERYBODY relates to
>celebrities like Lady Gaga and Elon Musk (literally everybody knows these people and can relate to them)
>god tier animation
>stories we can relate to

Fucking THIS.

Don't they do the occasional episode set in the future?

Yeah but they really suck and just consist of spamming the same 5 jokes from Lisa's Wedding.