The (((Founder)))

I didn't think it was possible to hate Micheal Keaton in a role, but holy crap what a cockroach.

but he did nothing wrong

>hey my lawyers won't go for this deal on paper but you'll get your royalties I promise
>lol jk fuck off also I'm going to build a mcdonalds across from your only restaurant left and put you out of business for good

Kikery ruined America.

Should have gotten it in writing.

>you guys have absolute control of what goes on inside the restaurant
>lol jk fuck off I have more money I can break contracts

Stop greentexting you cuck

I don't know how to do any other colors

I expected a taint-swinging story of Ray Kroc, but what I got was fucking great. Keaton is becoming a great actor.

moral of the story

But they did get it in writing

Not the royalties, he handshaked them and got fucked for being too nice assuming Kroc was a man of his word. At that point they should have known better

Why do you hate America?

>guy hands you millions of dollars on a platter
>turn it down
Yeah, good thing the McDonalds brothers have their dignity, otherwise they'd be sitting on a billion dollar fortune like Kroc was.

You can't put a price on dignity.

maybe you can't, I sure fucking can

They had to take the handshake deal. Mac was in poor health and they didn't have the dough to go the distance with Ray in court.

Yeah, that's why they shouldn't have prevented Kroc from making their business profitable

I'm really surprised this movie was as enjoyable as it was.

It was profitable. Ray was making money. He had a big house and a damn country club membership. Traveled, went to swanky restaurants...

He wanted to be filthy rich and the brother's just wanted to run their restaurant and spread their vision of quality food for cheap. In the end, greed won out, as it tends to do.

They didn't want to spread, they didn't know what they wanted. They can't get mad at the guy for doing his job too well.

If someone had introduced the leasing idea to the brothers before Kroc figured it out they could have had their franchise and done it exactly according to their wishes.

Then they should've told Kroc to fuck off. But they didn't because they believed in his vision to franchise and expand, and then tried to hamper him at every step. They're fucking morons. Sympathetic morons, but morons

They did want to spread. They said in the beginning to Ray they already tried franchising once but they expanded too fast, quality suffered and the restaurants failed.

Ray's only job was to find good franchisees. But he wanted total control, so in that respect he did his job too well for them.

>Kroc figured it out

No, his partner figured it out. But true. This was decades ago, and a completely new concept for a business model.

They weren't morons, they were the smart guys. Ray was a loser in every respect other than he was willing to be vicious.

You don't hire someone to mow your lawn and expect him to tell you what color you have to paint your house.

"It's better to have one great restaurant than a million mediocre ones"
I don't even want to eat McDonald's any more

Well, thank god for BJ Novak then

He saw the potential that the brand had but realized (and was seeing first hand) how their refusal to adapt or change even slightly was preventing them accomplishing what they paid him to do.
It's not pure black and white but it's frustrating to be told to do something but not to the full extent of your ability.

If you want to be depressed about McDonalds listen to the Malcom Gladwell podcast about how they ruined the french fries (and actually made them even more unhealthy in the process).

>Cornelius Vanderbilt was literally a dutch crook probably a murderer
>John Rockefeller and his dad were both crook murderers
>JP Morgan definitelu merced tons of people
>muh Kikery

It's one of the contradictions inherent in big business. Size trends toward mediocrity.

Is there a single thing McDonald's is *great* at? Not the fastest, not the cheapest, not the tastiest. All it has going for it is there is one every 3 miles.

Is there really sawdust in them?

sawdust is in the burgers

100% this, a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on

It's a filler for ground beef. I believe taco bell was found guilty of this too.

>Is there a single thing McDonald's is *great* at?
The fries. Ask anyone who isn’t a kale muncher like yourself.

I bet you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night screaming “NO GLUTEN!”

That only means he did a good job portraying the character, you retarded fucking nigger.

It's just the popular-ist, but popularity and quality are seldom correlated, even with an R^2 > 0.9, maccas does do a couple of things quite well, and even innovate from time to time, honestly as a business they are reasonably healthy

Kroc told them his investors wouldn't support one in writing. They had to choose: either get squeezed out slowly or take the check and the handshake.

Why do you exclude speed and price from "great"? And taste for that matter, I mean what the fuck are you expecting them to be great at if not speed, price, or taste?

I've worked in a restaurant kitchen. McDonald's fries are terrible because they aren't seasoned and rarely fresh.

Lies and slander. They pitch the fries if they sit for more than 7 minutes, which is rare.

I'm saying those are things they aren't great at. It's just mediocre. But those are what they USED to be heralded for.

They're still fast, they're still arguably the cheapest, and taste is pretty subjective.

Haha right. Ok try this experiment: go through the drive through and order a fry. taste it.

Now drive back through, order a fry and specifically request for fresh ones. after you wait 5 minutes, you'll get decent fresh fries.

I really hope this pro communism meme keeps going strong, while you stand on your high moral ground people with ambition profits on your delusions

Lol yeah smart guys that died penniless. Enjoy yourself and indulge in whatever you want, I'll be over here in the real world working hard to make a lot of money so I can retire early

communism is inevitable

>going through the drive through twice
>not just ordering fries without salt and then telling them they forgot the salt when you get your food

Do you even go to Mcdonalds, idiot?

I did listen to that podcast. If it weren't for that fucking fad diet retard spewing his shit, we'd still have glorious beef tallow fries. I have no idea why McD doesn't change back now that the science is in on trans-fats and their dangers.

The thing I liked about this movie is that it doesn't necessarily paint Kroc as a horrible person. He pulls some underhanded shit but you see enough from his perspective that you can understand why he does it.

The McDonald's brother's model didn't translate perfectly to the Chicago area. Every time Ray tried to address this, the brothers would delay or shut him down. He took things into his own hands because he had to.

The man had a dream and every decision he made was to grow the brand and drive expansion. He started to believe the company was more his than theirs and he took over.

In the end he pulled some sneaky shit and fucked them over, but I found myself disliking the brothers so much that I was on his side.

Except that ending speech when he claims that he started the comapny is Des Plaines and ran the original creators out of business. That was full on bullshit

Dollar Cokes bud

McDonald’s blows the doors off the other fast food places, except for maybe in n out, in terms of customer service. Everyone is dressed nice and clearly works hard. The orders come out fast and are pretty much always right otherwise they can just fire you. Meanwhile the people at BK and Wendy’s and such act like it’s such a chore for them to be there, and they’re just copying McD’s anyway.

I liked it. He never gave up.

I kinda liked him but then again, I'm not a commie

wrong, i've had soggy old fries from mcd plenty of times. it really depends on who owns a particular franchise and who is managing it. if it's well-managed they will meet standards and produce edible, hot, fresh food. but if not, if it's managed by some mexican idiot, then yes the food is cold and old, on top of being unhealthy.

all mcd has going for it is convenience for lazy fat dumbfuck americans who can't plan ahead far enough into the future to pack a simple lunch.

europeans tend not to be as fat because they stick to their culture of enjoying simple, local ingredients and don't need to eat a ton of bread and meat to "feel full". also eurofags support their local businesses whereas cut-throat cultureless amerifats don't give a fuck and just eat at whatever fast food joint is nearest on their way to the movie theater to watch some movie about cuckoldry or capeshit.

ray kroc is simply the robber-baron of the food industry and used his raw jewaggression to scam the original bros out of their own business.

technically anyone can pull a ray kroc if they found a quality biz with in-demand product that failed to scale. kroc and his jew partner (the guy who came up with the real estate leasing idea) just expanded and scaled through their own aggressive greed-driven motive.

*Ahem*

>most populous country has the most MickeyD's

McD used to have quality food?

I honestly don't know
chick fil a makes better chicken everything
wendys has bake potatos and gets food done faster with better quality meat while also being cheap
Jack n the box has better burgers. The buttery burgers blows anything that mc donalds has out of the water
carl jr has better fries and some even offer mexican food if they have green burrito
And most of these restraunts treat their employees better then mcdonalds.I honestly think it boils down to your last point

how could croc pushed the bros, wasn't he drowning in debt because he bought those land?

>Is there a single thing McDonald's is *great* at?
Consistency by far.

All dat mad

The moral of the story was mcdonalds was a way of life. A way of life that Croc knew better than the brothers

All those hundreds of millions were due to his herculean efforts alone and the brothers, especially the autist, tried to instruct him every step of the way. They got no less than then deserved. A million dollars each was plenty.

>dignity
>make hamburgers for living
Pick one

>actually praising the fries
Every trashy corner snackbar in Europe has better fries than mcdonalds

>in terms of customer service
Haha fuck no.
Dunno where you live but here it happened more than once that they threated customers like crap.

Why are fastfood slaves so smug? Once my Dominos order was 90 minutes late, so I called them
The person on the phone just said "huh you can't even live 90 minutes without food?" and just disconnected

Are there any fast food restaurant chains in America that still do the whole one and done walk in walk out 'fast' fast food? Because we ain't got shit like that in Australia and after seeing the film and discussing what fast food used to be like it makes me fucking pissed off i have to wait like 5-10 minutes for my shitty food

>Why are fastfood slaves so smug?
They are unwilling to be nice to other people, which is why they work as fastfood slaves.

>McDonald's didn't hire women for years because women are inefficient
BOYCOTT MICKY D'S AMIRITE??

>I didn't think it was possible to hate Micheal Keaton in a role
He does hateable really well

I worked at McDonalds and people like you are the absolute worst

Did people actually enjoy this movie? It was boring and mirthless.
>DUDE HAMBURGERS!
who cares?

At one point they trended toward being the priciest of the big fast food chains, but nowadays their prices are almost the same as at BK or Wendy's. Wendy's is more expensive but much better tasting, BK is slow and shitty. McDonald's really is the fastest of the big chains though. What they're great at is marketing, people perceive value in the prices at McDonald's whether or not it's true- loss leaders like McRib are shows of good faith and items like a Big Mac are still $5 for a combo at most franchises.

>not walking through the drive-in while pretending to be in an invisible car
That's what you get for closing the doors but still serving drive in

Krock built an empire.

The brothers built a small business.

Ray did nothing wrong, and was the type of man america built on, need more like him

>we need more mediocrity in America