Can you faggots just admit this film is good?

Can you faggots just admit this film is good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8SHfqn4oGxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's legit one of my favorite films and I've rewatched it a bunch of times. Ultimate cut is ultimate kino.

Anything good about is due to the source material being great

t. brainlet

it's not bad, just disappointing

There are good things and bad things about it.
When it's good, it's very good because Snyder's eye for visuals are top tier. He has an eye for motion and colour. All the Manhattan and Comedian scenes are really really good.

However, while Snyder is very good at kinematic and visual things, he's shit at understanding the point of things and he missed the point of Watchmen over and over again. He makes the regular humans punch like superhumans. The Comedian punches through concrete. Silk Spectre and Nite Owl crack bones and throw people around like they're incredibly strong. They're supposed to be just fucking human. Making them above human defeats the whole point about Dr Manhattan. It just all misses the point.

It's as bad with Ozymandias. He's supposed to be PEAK human. Smartest AND strongest. Casting a skinny twink is stupid. You're supposed to look at this guy and think "Wow, he might actually be able to catch a bullet". He's supposed to be the best humanity has to offer and yet he's still just an insect compared to Manhattan.

Snyder makes shit look good, but he's shit about understanding the point of things

The HBO series will be superior

this

>When it's good, it's very good because Snyder's eye for visuals are top tier.
he literally copied the comic frames.

OK, and?

>Snyder makes shit look good
if a completely washed out palette and gratuitous use of slow mo is what constitutes looking good then yeah maybe

capeshit directors should do that more often

What the fuck is wrong with this
It takes a certain amount of visual skill in order to adapt a scene perfectly. Your average flick director wouldn't be able to do that.

He did, but he also filled in between frames without making it seem obvious. He understood the intent behind each frame and the imagined transition between them.
Even though it seems totally talentless, no one else can do it as well.

>kill millions to save billions
>cold war ends without nuclear holocaust
Whoopsie

the ultimate cut is faithful enough to the original so that I can't hate it

but this was THE source material to elevate, and he didn't, and the fact that snyder did an underwhelming but faithful adaptation means nobody will ever try adapting it faithfull ever again, maybe 5 years down the line we'll get a minute men netflix spinoff tops

Yes, 10/10 kino and snyder's changes were irrelevant to the films message and general point

>making humans super human
>irrelevant

It's good but it's capeshit. Literal capeshit. The source material was something else though.
Everybody that actually read it knows that. Unlike this faggot It's a decent film and about the best capeshit around, but it's a 2 or a 3/10 adaptation.

It's the general problem with Snyder. He doesn't understand the source material he works with.

He made the humans superhuman because it's a superhero movie. There were a bunch of things in the comic meant to reflect on comic books as a whole. When Snyder adapted it, he changed them to reflect on superhero movies instead.

The movie had a better ending than the comic. Octopus was stupid. Gatekeeping comic fags can fuck off.

This is true.

Why would the threat of a completely random and unpredictable natural disaster unite the earth?

Reminder that DC is actually madman enough to be releasing an event/watchmen sequel called Doomsday Clock due out next month.

In it, Dr. Manhattan is the one behind all the recent weird events of the DC universe (New 52 and DC rebirth and even Wally West being Black)

Due to Rorschach's journal at the end of Watchmen, Adrian's plot was exposed and the peace immediately collapsed. Adrian is on the run as a worldwide fugitive and is slowly dying of a brain tumor

There's a duplicate Rorschach/Rorschach copycat who actually admires what Adrian did and is sparing criminals lives

The sequel takes place in 1992. The USSR has collapsed and William Buckley Jr. has succeeded Nixon as President and is a stand-in for Trump. The neo-fascist US is on the brink of war with Russia, China, and North Korea

I'm not making any of this up

I can't believe the retarded plebs on this board holy shit

>He made the humans superhuman because it's a superhero movie
Making them wholly human was the whole fucking point.
It's a comic book movie where everyone is a normie except for Superman/Captain Atom/Dr Manhattan.

Watchmen is a deconstruction. Snyder completely missed that

>The neo-fascist US is on the brink of war with Russia, China, and North Korea
So almost like irl then

found the guy

No, their capabilities are in line with the comic. The heroes beat up criminals in the comic too just not in such a choreographed fashion.

Snyder in fact downgraded the only truly superhuman acto f the comics. In the comics, Veidt catches a bullet with his bare hands which is physically impossible. In the movie he uses kevlar gloves which while still stupidly unrealistic lessens the stupidity

t. kill yourself

I recently read the comic and watched the ultimate cut for the first time, and while I liked the film, most of the iconic scenes I remember are from the comic. I don't know, the movie was a good adaptation, but not that memorable, I think. Or maybe it's just because I read the comic first.

Doomsday clock actually makes me hate my life, but that's a conversation for Sup Forums

This guy gets it.

>their capabilities are in line with the comic.
Total bullshit.
Show me a panel where Laurie punches bones apart

watchmen is a comic where normal humans catch bullets with their bare hands. This doesn't happen in the movie.

rly makes me think

The intro is kino

I don't think Watchmen lends itself to a movie and only hope the HBO special isn't awful.

>deconstruction
>implying anyone on here will understand this word at this state of Sup Forums

The changes he made was the deconstruction. You're supposed to focus on how this adaptation changes things to make you realize all comic book adaptations make those changes.

>Ozymandias
>normal human

I really hope you are joking and don't actually believe this

and now the goalpost begins. "Everyone is normal besides dr. manhattan and snyder missed that" is now turned into "everyone is normal besides dr. manhattan and veidt and snyder missed that".

tsk tsk

>you realize all comic book adaptations make those changes.
Like which ones made regular humans break concrete with their fists?

Yes.
I thought the super strength was jarring but now I don't mind. I never cared about ozy being some skinny faggot, though.

No other director could have made something as good as this based on the dense shit Moore wrote. The film is an achievement in adaptation. And fuck off if people wanted a giant squid alien monster.

The Dark Knight Rises had Bruce Wayne kick through concrete while he had no cartilage in his knees, and that was a "realistic" adaptation.

youtube.com/watch?v=8SHfqn4oGxM

much more realistic than catching a bullet bare-handed

muh source material faggots are a plague, incapable of coherent thought

It really isn't. Like, seriously, Snyder's a special kind of hack. He does a fucking 1:1 adaption but still misses the whole fucking point of the book.

here's her breaking a mans arm in the comic in the same way as the movie

>He thinks he's smart for knowing a grade 8 word

>a guy catching a bullet is perfectly acceptable but I draw the line at someone cracking a wall with a punch

okay

Ozy is meant to be total peak human. Above peak human. The best of the best of the best. He's Batman/Captain America mixed into one.
Even he didn't believe he could catch a bullet. It wasn't just a casual "lol fuck guns" statement like you're implying.

Ozy's character is supposed to show how fucking insignificant humans are compared to comicbook superhumans. The best of the best of the best humanity barely catches a bullet that Manhattan could turn to steam in a thought.
Remember, this is a deconstruction. It's a statement about how ridiculous comic books are if you have Superman rubbing shoulders with Batman.
Having Laurie and Nite Cuck be as strong as Ozymandias destroys that deconstruction because now it isn't about showing how the peak human is pointless

>implying 95% of people posting here have even a hunch what the word means in a literary context

She breaks his arm over her knee. In the movie, she punches it .
Subtle difference and like Snyder, you missed it

The comic breaks its "these are normal humans" gimmick in the first few pages when Veidt throws a man out of a plate glass window on the first try. This is physically impossible more or less.

but reddit doesnt mind this, but heaven forbid rorschach beats up a few more criminals than he does in the comics

Why? It's a pile of shit.

She's literally walking through goons, taking them out without breaking stride.

It's basically the same

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Veidt is meant to be incredibly strong and fast and smart.
Peak human, remember? The strongest and smartest man who ever lived. That's his schtick

Should have been 2 parts, too much to fit into one movie

That's fine. Being good at beating up goons is not the fucking point, you mong.
It's how gratuitous and over the stop Snyder makes it.

That's deconstruction! He makes it over the top to draw attention to it. That's literally how you do deconstruction.

It's an alternate universe. The book went into a lot more detail about how Dr. Manhattan's existence fucked up international relations. Since the Soviets felt any non-nuclear conflict was a guaranteed loss for them they were leaning heavily towards just launching the nukes and accepting mutually assured destruction instead of being subjugated by America.

Of course, everything about the story made more sense in the book, but considering Snyder had 3 hours instead of the miniseries it would take to adapt it all he did an ok job.

The acting pretty much kills it. I don't care how faithful a movie is to its source material if the actors can't act

To draw attention to what?
That it's just a regular super hero world?
The point is that it ISN'T humans are humans. Nothing more.
By having regular normies be super strong it eliminates that whole aspect

>it's supposed to be shit

Postmodernism was a mistake

and yet we also live in a world where people can somehow become "peak humans" capable of physically impossible acts.

See

if the peak human can catch a bullet then the next best human sure as fuck can break a bone

Stop posting, you dumb mouthbreather

>It's different, therefore it's shit

Go back to Sup Forums

Only hold part is the intro

Why is WB so desperate to portray Snyder as anything more than decent? 300 was great but calm the fuck down

Not an argument. By all means stay on Sup Forums though

"It's different from the comic" Isn't an argument, either

DECONSTRUCTION DECONSTRUCTION DECONSTRUCTION

No it doesn’t

You just repurpose comic panels as story boards. It worked for Sin City and again in this case.

We don’t talk about the sequel though

Laurie isn't "next best"
She's just a girl playing dress up who happens to know martial arts

how far up on the autism spectrum are you, like from 1 to 10

All Manhattan scenes are gold

In regards to the criticism of how Snyder makes the other heroes too strong, it sort of gives a glimpse into that when the old Nite Owl gets his ass beat. He's seeing his life flash before his eyes and he gets a few hits in (maybe just one i haven't seen the film in a while) and he knows if he were younger he could have beaten the thugs asses. Sort of shows that even though these heroes are ass kicking machines and can fight multiple people at once they're still subject to the wear of time and body degradation. Maybe not the end all argument for the movie but i think it's something to think about

The issue isn't that they're ass kicking machines.
It's that they're ass kicking machines who break bones with a single blow and crush throw concrete like it was styrofoam.
They should have just been extremely competent martial artists.
Your point about OG Nite Owl still stands then.

samefag but also he gets killed not just gets his ass beat, sort of drives the point home more that these people can die if they get caught in the wrong situation whereas Manhattan could glass the whole planet if he wanted to. Not really sure I understand that criticism, I think the film handles it well.

>The source material was something else though.
its called deconstruction, they were deconstructing the super hero stories

That's her hyper-extending a person's elbow, tearing some ligaments and tendons. With her entire bodyweight and his falling bodyweight all needing to work against the pivot point of her knee as she holds his wrist.

Like said, in the movie she punches a man's forearm in half.

Yeah so? It was supposed to be the most loyal the source material possible.The only changes the director made was a couple of cool fights and a change in the costumes to play safe but that's it.

and the ending. Which makes all other faithfulness pointless and often idiotic, not to mention makes the entire plot into one gigantic plot hole.

Ok, I need someone to explain to me why the comic book ending is better. I genuinely cannot understand this point of view.

I like the movie ending, personally. It's ties everything about Manhattan into a neat bow.
But in the movie, the Comedian sees something that horrifies him and makes him give up and cry. Because when he sees the secret island where Veidt is manufacturing his alien invasion, he realizes there's nothing he can do to stop it, and that the future is going to be ruled by a lie.
What could have the Comedian have seen in the movie to have made him react so?

Ozymandias says he "had a change of heart" so I think he was in on it at first. You're right, though, that's not really clear.

its more about the utter absurdity of the solution, rather than the nature of the solution itself.

The comedian was begging manhattan to just stand up and slap some sense into humanity in vietnam. So the idea of killing a few million to stop the cold war is not something that would've broken him. Or even phased him, really.

No shit Sherlock. Are you 15 or something?

Also you have the concept of something from outside our world coming here and threatening humanity as a species, not as individual groups with individual ideas, creeds and politics.
If the devastation caused by the accidental death of the Extra-Dimensional Squid-thing was so vast in one city, imagine more of them , and how that would affect mankind as a whole. Like Reagan suggested if something like that happened, we'd HAVE to drop our petty differences and unite in one accord if there were any chance of preventing our destruction.

Having it be Dr Manhattan throwing a hissy fit and nuking a bunch of cities, would (and should) have been seen as a distinctly American problem, where one of our weapons went haywire and fucked up shit. We would be blamed, and war would have escalated.

>Only affected one city
>No indecation it would ever happen again
>No way to prevent it from happening again, anyway

"The world must unite!"

>A literal god declares war on humanity

"That's America's problem"

>hello I did not read the comic

that's nice sweetie run along now

Theres literally a HBO tv series in development as we speak tho

>lindelof

If there's a god it'll be a dead pilot and nothing else.

source?

Can we admit this bitch isnt attractive at all?

Her fucking head is huge.

I liked her.

She's attractive but that costume felt stupid

it's better than Dark Knight, that's for sure

I liked how it looked on the floor of archimedes