GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Plot Details

Is this, dare I say it, capekino?

>The Guardians of the Galaxy are recruited to protect the Sovereign People, an ancient race of genetically engineered aliens, from an extradimensional monster. In exchange they're given Nebula (Karen Gillian) so she can answer for her crimes.

>Rocket (Bradley Cooper) steals valuable power batteries before leaving, offending Queen Ayesha (Elizabeth Debicki), who hires the Ravagers to go after the Guardians. When Yondu (Michael Rooker) refuses, he's overthrown by Taserface (Chris Sullivan). They captured Rocket and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel) and Nebula joins them to hunt down the remaining Guardians.

>While fleeing, Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista) come across Star-Lord's long-lost father, intergalactic adventurer Ego (Kurt Russell), and his private attendant Mantis (Pom Klementieff). Ego had been searching for Star-Lord for years and Star-Lord becomes divided between sticking with his crew or staying with his father.

>James Gunn says the theme of the movie is "family". You have Star-Lord's relationship with his biological father Ego and his surrogate father Yondu; Gamora and Nebula's strained relationship as sisters; Drax becomes a surrogate older brother/father to Mantis; and Rocket and Baby Groot's brother-like bond.

>Movie is self-contained and features no direct references to the Avengers, Thanos or the Infinity Stones aside from a subtle hint to their role in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

slashfilm.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-set-visit/3/

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-james-gunn-interview-marvel/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ego
>Intergalactic adventurer

Okay...

>>Rocket steals from Ayesha
>>Ayesha is the bad guy

And the GOTG are supposed to be heroes?

The Guardians part of GotG has no meaning anymore.

>capekino
Fuck off.

I'm kind of surprised how small scale the plot seems to be.

The Meme Movie

2!

Naw, that's Spider-Man. Lord knows every joke Spider-Man makes is rebounded across the internet.

Gunn allegedly didn't want to follow the rule of "going bigger" on the sequel. Instead he went smaller, the scale of the plot so far is even lower than the original movie's. In that an entire civiliization was still in peril.

We'll see what the climax is with Ego, but yeah, I didn't really doubt that Gunn didn't want to go bigger, but I'm surprised at how straight forward it looks.

He probably returns it and Ayesha still demands their deaths.

Nope. Gonna flop even worse than Spiderman.

Guarding the galaxy ain't exactly cheap.

they guard the galaxy, not the batteries you didn't secure properly

>Ego only described as "intergalactic adventurer"
Nah, not buying it. In the comic con footage, it was clear his humanoid form was something created by his main planet form.

Maybe the planet thing isn't revealed til later? There was something else weird about him being referred to as Jason on set but we knew Ego was going to appear fairly early on and Gunn's been up front about it since SDCC.

Who doesn't want to read the intergalactic adventures of Ego, the Living Planet?

Reminds of that issue of Marvel Adventures where he's cruising around space hitting on planets

>There was something else weird about him being referred to as Jason on set
I can't find anything to back that up.

Sorry, J'Son. I read it this morning, it was a part of the press stuff that came out yesterday. Said it was on concept art and Russel's chair. I thought it was weird cause Gunn's been saying he wasn't J'Son since like 2014.

Do you have a link?

Not for the one I read this morning but it seems Iike they weren't informed. In this one Gunn says it was just a codename during filming: collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-james-gunn-interview-marvel/

which makes sense cause we knew Ego was appearing but we didn't know about the dad thing so I guess Gunn just wanted to announce it on his terms.