Thor Reaction Thread

Thoughts?

It was pretty bad imo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vH7JxojKiMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It was pretty bad imo
Why so? Explain to someone who knows nothing about these kind of movies.

What was the purpose of this character being in the film at all?

It was just memberberries.

that cover art is horrendous.

That green guy looks like a super mutant from fallout

I personally enjoyed it, but it didn't feel like a capeflick. More like a comedy with brand-name superheroes and the occasional kino slow-mo shot.
My main complaint was how OP they made the protagonists. Both Thor and Valkyrie were in no danger of dying ever, and even Doctor Strange, in his 5 minutes or so of screentime,
was able to defeat the fucking GOD OF MISCHIEF with ease. Sure, Hulk is supposed to be OP, and yes I'm aware that Thor has beaten Hulk in the comics, but even then those battles could span ISSUES.
I also thought the pacing could have been better, and they sacrificed a lot great moments for the sake of comedic relief. To be honest, it's becoming painfully aware that Marvel was trying to make another GotG.
Goldblum, of course, was a lot of fun, and Watiti's self insert was surprisingly tolerable. Unfortunately, both of the characters really killed the capeflick vibe, as they really were only there for comedic effect.
6/10.

Fuck, wtf is wrong with MCU cgi? Is getting worse and worse,literally worse than first wave CGI ten years ago, this shit makes cyborg look good in comparison.
youtube.com/watch?v=vH7JxojKiMI

>homecoming
>wonder woman
>ragnarok
all fucking over 90%, fuck rotten tomatoes, all my faith in this site is gone.

I enjoyed it but they definitely had to rush the first 20 minutes which is a shame

ending was lame

so is better than Guardians 2?

Guardians 2 was better. Actually had character development.

Thor spent the whole movie on the trash planet and with the last 15 minutes forgot the movie was about to end and rushed it

monitoring character like Thor, Odin, and Loki on Earth are part of his job description

Now that he's been established it makes sense that he'd be aware Odin was basically down the street in a nursing home and would have something to say about Loki(whose still considered a major criminal on Earth) wandering around planet side

That Thor on the poster looks like one of those mirrored video game covers
Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this

>this shit makes cyborg look good in comparison.
Yeah no

Marvel at least makes the CGI fit into the overall tone and art of the movie because they have an actual real color palette

Cyborg looks jarring because the CGI blatantly clashes with everything around it, most notably the actors fucking face

>why so?

This was to show that earths defenses are rising
The way he toyed with loki and thor set up how instrumental he'll be against thanos.
They're building up the next round of avengers
Thor is gonna be replaced by strange, cap is replaced by bucky, tony replaced by panther.

Fuck you I liked it. I hate capeshit.

But this shit was Flash Gordon meets Masters of the Universe wrapped in a Thor bow.

It was like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.

I dug it.

homecoming was legit 2/10 garbage

>”makes Cyborg look good by comparison”

Come again sweetie?

>thor

movie was tite. it was like a true lotr sequel. also led zepp is ultimate fuck yeah music

This looks good compared to Cyborg

Cyborg is still better, Korg is so bad that sometimes is hard to not visualize the scene without him since you clearly see that he's fake.

You proved his point, Cyborg almost don't look real while Korg is clearly not real at all.

The synth soundtrack didn't fit this movie at all, it's Thor for fuck's sake

Other than that solid capeflick, although I'd prefer more norse shit instead of copying guardians of the galaxy

Just saw it.
It was formulaic, safe, yet entertaining. Just what you'd expect from a Marvel flick. As good as Blanchett was, Marvel still can't make a good villain or a good soundtrack.

Again you little faggot, what was the purpose of the character being in the film at all? Nobody asked your gay ass what the "in unvierse" lore behind his appearance is

Jesus, imagine sounding like this much of a bitch irl

>483 KB, 720x456

>Cyborg almost don't look real
>almost

You picked the wrong webm to prove your point.

Really good if you ask me, and this is coming from someone who loved homecoming and hated Vol 2. Only two sour spots were, as some user mentioned above, the synth soundtrack, which is so sporadically used that it really has no business being there at all, and Valkyrie just being a genuinely despicable character, she's like Jessica Jones but even more entitled. Had some really solid action, especially in the beginning when he fights Surtur, and the mise en scene and cinematography were surprisingly good, let alone for a Marvel film. There were several shots that seriously made me go "Oh wow", like Thor flying away from the dragon and when he's in the chair about to meet the grandmaster. oh and call me a faggot, but I got a little teary eyed when he sits on the throne at the end and the Thor theme plays. Thor 2 was the last film I ever saw with my father so it holds a special place in my heart, and something like this really shows how strong some of Marvel's characters can be, even if it's based wholly in corporate advertisements for more movies

Simple, they teased Thor and Strange finding Odin at the end of Doctor Strange and had no choice but to throw him in just for a few minutes to satiate the fans. Also it's nice to get at least one of the main cast familiar with him before Infinity War so he doesn't just come out of nowhere.

His purpose was to bargain

My biggest complaint is about how a few certain characters got offed and it had zero impact whatsoever on the story. You know which. It was important to show how rule 63 Gilgamesh was dangerous but felt like a waste

this looks terrible.

I really liked the fact that Hela wasn't killed by some big team-effort explosion combo move. Thor hit her with all he had as soon as he came out of the Odin vision and it barely did anything.

They summoned Surtur, he did his job, and that was that. The heroes just got everyone to safety.

>that story about Thor and the snake

it was so stupid it made me laugh, desu

mmmm baby tell me more.

you like getting blacked by Snyder and his nig Cyborg?

im so fucking wet for you

>I don't know what worldbulding is.

>BLEH! IT'S ME!
>And then he stabbed me.

Dickish childhood shenanigans that then go on to become the legends that are foundations of religions.

So Surtur is way stronger than Thor?

I kinda hate how Loki became a doofus. From his first Odin scene to the last battle he felt out of character. It was amusing, but seemed like a different person from the other movies

Thor>Surtur>Hela>Thor

He is easily stronger then odin when at fullpower. So yes

They saw that Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular so they made Thor into Guardians of the Galaxy
Not necessarily a bad thing, since neither Thor movie so far has been a standout, but it feels weird to see a trilogy that's been going for 6 years end on such an identity crisis
I mean for fucks sake, they were able to get Scarjo back for a throwaway scene but not even a single frame of footage of Portman, a majorly important character for the last two movies? No Selvig either? That's a shame

At the very end of Ragnarok, after being united with the eternal flame, and while fulfilling his literal only purpose, yes.

You know ignoring the fact that she's a fucking black Valkyrie, which is wrong by both comic and religious standards, Valkyrie was just so fucking awful. Imagine little girls watching this and aspiring to be a drunkard butch ingrate whore like her.

Its because this time everything his fault, and its finally hit home that he fucked up asgard for good. Plus in the back of his head he knows he has pending deals hence the after credits scene

They did reshoots involving the earth scenes. Something else was indeed originally scripted. It's nice to know though, Loki shows up and someone notices and acts upon it.

I see DCucks are getting antsy because a movie featuring a talking rock and 3rd tier hero is predicted to outgross their grand ensemble effort.

You’re kidding right? Tony is not going anywhere RDJ will get another pay day.

And Hemsworth’s biggest job is playing Thor. I can see them letting Evans go though.

Neither is Hemsworth, or even Evans. Working on these movies under Ike was a lot shittier. Now that Fiege is on his own they worked out a lot of things for the actors, Where and when they have to appear, things like accomdations for gyms, food, and their familiy is worked out. Hemsworth convinced them to film in australia. So this time he wasn't far from home. They're making the actors happy. Don't think we won't get a Thor 4 or Cap in Avengers 5 if the studio wants it. Feige is flexible, and he has proven that over and over again.

>implying Tony won't die in Avengers 4

Any english cam's yet? all of them switch between spanish and english.

Forgive me if my reddit is showing but can you imagine how insane it's gonna be once the MCU is over and done with? I consider "done" to be the point when all the original cast has jumped ship and all they're doing is squeezing cash out of the late arrivals like Spidey, Ant-Man, Panther and Captain Marvel. Talk about a fucking cinematic spectacle, there's gonna be over a decade's worth of films and TV shows that all connect and flow into each other in one continuous narrative like nothing ever has before. Imagine the marathons people will have trying to watch the entire franchise start to finish.

fuck you

You don't understand how RT works. It doesn't really matter what the reviews say as far as the RT score goes. If, say, 86% of critics think that a movie is a 6/10, fine, but not great, then it'd still count as positive reviews and the movie would get an 86% .

>Asgard was never a place, it's wherever it's people are
>this? Right here? This could be Asgard.
>"I'm not as strong as you!"
>You're not. You're stronger.
Fucking Kino
Started crying on the spot

Personally I was already starting to get fatigued with the MCU when age of ultron came out. It was just so shit. And Civil War was a letdown Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange are the best flicks since Avengers 1. Im struggling to stay hyped for Infinity War. I really hope they go back to the Winter Soldier tone and not the tone that Civil War had. I paid attention to how many quips there and by god its bad. Like every other line is a quip in between the actual dialog. its so frustrating.

I think a lot of people are going to fall of the mcu after the next 2 avengers movies.

That's the point, everything in that poster is symmetrical.

>Doctor Strange
>best flicks since Avengers 1

.....yikes.

I fucking loved it. Easily the best Thor movie. The first 5 minutes are everything the last 2 thor movies should have been.

>his shit makes cyborg look good in comparison.
Shills will get triggered by this but it's true

The beginning scene with Surtur and the final battle were great. In fact, I'd say Ragnorak has one of the most entertaining third acts out of all the Marvel movies.

Was it intentional that Valkryie had more chemistry with CGI Hulk (and even Banner!) than she ever did with Thor?

Are they setting up another Hulk romance?

>Marvel movie is a piece of shit
>half of the posts are talking about DC
Everytime

the thor movies have always and will always be bad. what did you guys seriously expect?

it has always been made for people who tend to shut off their brains when watching movies and focus on only the "hot guys" and "cool fights". even the quips have always been terrible. most people can't even remember who the bad guy was from the first and second movie

PURE KINO

They just can't help it, not until they recover

I'd switch spider-man's score with guardians, but other than that, I agree with metacritic.

it was hot garbage

>and TV shows that all connect

user...

Well, AoS connects to the movies.

AoS reacts to the movies.

Honestly, i thought the same thing watching his original-titled movie: what was the reason for all this?

7/10
would like to have had world war hulk instead of gladiator hulk
thor gets a noticable power buff for infinity war and hulk/banner gets nothing

So does time go faster on Sakaar or slower?

On one hand, it seems to go faster as Loki had been on the planet for a few weeks before Thor arrived despite him falling out of the wormhole only a few seconds after his brother did.

On the other, the Grandmaster states that his lack of aging despite having been the very first person to be marooned on Sakaar is due to how time works on the planet.

Similarly, while a couple of days had passed on Sakaar while Thor was on it, enough time had elapsed on Asgard for Heimdal to form an underground railroad/resistance.

So which is it?

absolutely blueballed me again with a villain. So much potential wasted with comedy screen time and the entire chunk of the movie on Goldblums planet. This movie, with much less comedy, and more emphasis on the darkness of Hela's story (flashback scene with loki and valk girl) had potential to best my favorite marvel movie.

That one is too. Superhero movies are moneymaker for Jews, targeting children. They don't have to be aesthetically pleasing, they just have to display the characters

"why was he there?"
"its literally his job to be there"
"OKAY NO BUT WHY WAS HE THERE"
Sup Forums literally what? this is why you have such a terrible reputation

meant for

I liked his part. Felt like one of those comics where some character would randomly show up to help the hero for like 2 minutes and then bugger off.

It's run of the mill Marvel.

Just ok CG and action scenes. Jokes everywhere. Bathos to the max. Little to no emotional impact. A plot that jumps all over the place under the guise of building the marvel cinematic universe. But somewhat entertaining while your watching it.

6/10

Ragnarok is pretty damn good. If I had to rank it, it's top tier for a movie from the MCU. Definitely in the top five MCU movies.

Came outta this wanting more. Valkyrie was so un-watchable, the villain only shot spikes but managed to beat everyone, the quips were way too much and fell flat 70% of the time with my audience.

you're retarded

Maybe the worst capeshit I have watched ever in a theatre. I can't remeber now one worst.

AT ST AT ST AT ST AT ST

Basically that. WOW I KNOW HIM FROM THE OTHER MOVIE! GUYS GUYS FROM THE OTHER MOVIE? I LOVE MARVEL COCK NOW

>"I hate marvel, guys!"
>brings dc for no reason
marlel Pajeets are so obvious.

That was some good capeshit!

Thanks Mr.shill! I will "dig it" too ;)

It's the best Thor movie. It's practically uncontested. I didn't hate Valkyrie as I was expecting to, still dislike (especially that weird head bobbing she was doing in every scene?) but her delivery, lines and decent attempts at action merely have me put her at 'dislike'. Still completely unbelievable as a drunk though. (And since she is just A valkyrie rather than THE valkyrie, still a chance of delicious blonde in the future)

Thor smashing surt's minions in the opener, fighting hulk in the arena and going thunder god on the bifrost were great. Better action than he's gotten in Thor 1 & 2.

For me a lot of jokes were more hit than miss, the trailers portrayed a comedy and the director is a known comedic director, so I don't feel slighted about Ragnarok being a comedy. It's the best marvel comedy next to Ant-Man. I hated GoTG2 and it's "jokes" and Homecoming is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

>it was like a true lotr sequel
die

I dislike what Taika did with the movie but that poster is objectively fantastic.