Toonami Ratings for 2/4/17

The NEW 10 episode season of Samurai Jack begins March 11th at 11:00pm. Apparently our bitching worked because it's no longer going to get fucked by having the Super rerun in front of it.
Trailer youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w
gonna take time getting used to that new Aku voice.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings saw some mild recovery over the disaster the week before, but still weren't anything amazing. This week starts out about the same for the DB hour but then there is a massive drop when Jojo starts, but while that drop is huge, the drops between everything else are very small.

Good news, Super clocked in as the top non rerun program for Saturday. ironically the 11:30 showing is what got this, which is actually a rerun

SotB made the weekly post but it doesn't actually have any ratings in it, so we only get the top chart since I know people get antsy.

11:30 Dragonball Super 1282 0.6
12:00 DBZ Kai 1130 0.5
12:30 Jojo's Bizzare Adventure 790 0.4
1:00 Gundam Unicorn 775 0.4
1:30 Hunter X Hunter 733 0.4

If the full chart comes out feel free to post it

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/attack-on-titan-season-2-premiere-date-new-key-art-revealed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

Things are really picking up with the Pillar Men, and the show is still doing just as poorly now as it was during Phantom Blood's run.

It's not Stardust Crusaders

Because you got tricked into believing Jojo was popular and not a loud cult following

>11:30 Dragonball Super 1282 0.6
Super's ratings have been really underwhelming. At best it performs as good as Kai when it was leading the block which is pretty bad considering it's technically the premiere of the dub.
Toonami is dead.

You can thank splitting it's viewership between two timeslots for that. You can't just add them together, but it's clear the 8pm showing is shaving off a lot of 11:30 views

It probably has NOTHING to do with it being available for months at a time on Crunchyroll & Stardust Crusaders not being held up just so it can be posted there. JoJo season 1 came out 5 YEARS ago & Stardust still hasn't been dubbed because they're waiting to dump onto Toonami. I'd also posit, ya know, being on in the middle of the night & nowhere else that isn't Crunchroll (legally speaking) it's hard to pick up fans other than reputation & word of mouth.

Literally every show except Dandy had had that same handicap. Not an argument

Jojo's Bizzare Memeventure pulling a One Punch Meme

>anime is for fucking nerds but I LOVE DBZ

Considering how tight the numbers were this week after DBZ, it's pretty clear there is a DBZ only crowd who fucks off the second it ends. That didn't used to be as big of an issue, but with the stagnant lineup a chunk of the loyal viewers who watched everything haven't returned, so that gap gets wider

Also some of this. Just because a handful of people on Sup Forums spam about muh pillarmen for weeks doesn't mean the wide audience gives a single shit

If only Toonami weren't only in the dead of night, wherein more people could enjoy watching it. I mean, Case Closed can be a little gory at times, but Dragon Ball Z was more than fine for kids, but fuck all that, let's put the HOT UNRATED Naruto (they say "damn" occasionally?) & the brutal seinen bloodscape that is One Piece on one episode at a time & keep running MORE TTG during the day.

We know lad, the lineup has too much kiddie shit right now. Super literally has a toyline. Doesn't seem that will change ever though

So now that we have got a good taste, will Jack save Toonami? It even got shifted to the lead, so no Super rerun handicap to blame if it does bad

Because kids who like Steven Universe or Teen Titans Go would HATE a show where two burly fantastic idiots punch each other & wax loudly on the ideals of friendship, loyalty & kindness (Compared to TTG's asshole anti-morals, played for laughs as if kids will realize the irony.)

I dropped Toonami over a year ago but I'm coming back for Jack. Then I'll probably leave again until FLCL.

Someone posted in one of the million Jack threads since yesterday, it will be a 10 week band aid. It doesn't fix the multiple other issues with the block. Don't get me wrong, I'm hype as fuck, but don't set your standards up to it saving the block because it's not going to.

Better question, can it break the AgK premiere ratings?

Because Part 1 & 2 were shit.

Only reason it got popular was because part 3 was edgy generic action anime/manga.

And Stands.

>Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

The premiere of super dub get views and some nostalgiafags.

Jojo has already been watched a billion times by anyone who cares (like myself). It also may be a little too inconsistent in tone and the dub probably isn't good enough to breath through into the mainstream.

No it got popular because of memes. To this day there are still many people who consider themselves fans of Jojo that never read the manga and probably never even watched the anime save for a couple clips or at most a few episodes. They just like the memes. In fact I bet if most of these shallow people watched it they'd find it terribly boring. Especially the supposedly "popular" part 3, which is 90% villain of the week garbage.

>edgy generic action anime/manga

It was funny and "bizarre"
Also, how is shrinking your stand to go inside an old man's brain, to rid himself of a parasite stand "generic action"
Or even better, how is touching a shadow that makes you into a toddler and therefore get taken care of and shower with a beautiful motherly woman, who in turn gets turned into a fucking fetus. generic?

It's a great show, I don't understand the hate. It's all bandwagoner hate from mangafag elitists and people who hate Jojofags trying to find a reference tot he series in everything, which I'm sure 50% of the time is just a forced meme.

Just state it plainly: the dub is pure shit. It's garbage. They saw how campy it was and tried to match that in the dub and it just falls flat on its face. Line delivery is so important in Jojo, so crucial to pulling off the scenes, but when you have every major character speaking in atrocious fake accents it fucks up their ability to read lines properly.

>don't understand the hate

Blame Jojobronys who think the show is gods gift to mankind of interject their crap into every thread on this site

Maybe Toonami related at some point, take it with a grain of salt though.

m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/attack-on-titan-season-2-premiere-date-new-key-art-revealed

i think Battle Tendency ends the week prior to this. Really makes you think

Okay yes, it's one of the worst dubs I've seen in years. Average dub quality is already lower than should be acceptable but this one is bad enough that it'll even scare people off with next to no standards.

>I don't understand the hate
Browsing /wsg/ in 2016 made me hate Jojofags despite loving the anime and manga. You can only tolerate so many utterly terrible roundabout vines before you want to round up the faggots who post them and bulldoze them into a pit.

>which is 90% villain of the week garbage

What's wrong with villain of the week? There's still a goal post and different main characters get to shine from time to time.

The only reason why I would see this being a problem is because it's too formulatic and in the world this is treated strangely. Dio could send multiple assasins and get everything over with instead of it being 1 or 2 villains per episode.

Part 4 handles villain encounters so much better because they appear to be coincidental and that makes the encounters feel more natural.

Weekly reminder that Dimenson W pulled vastly higher week for week ratings than Jojo ever has for the same timeslot

Jojofags HATE this fact

>I hate the show because of the fanbase

is there no better reason for you to come up with?

robutt best girl too

>he thinks the average Toonami viewers have any basis for what a good dub is

>he says no one watches Jojo because they saw it a billion times
>as he cites the good ratings for DBZ which people legitimately have probably seen a billion times

Jojofag excuses never end

Part 4 is literally the best part of the entire Jojo story, don't you dare compare it to part 3, which is one of the weakest, barring the final couple arcs.

>don't you dare compare it to part 3

Get out of here, it's all one series. Comparing parts is part of normal discussion.

That's the thing, I used to kind of enjoy Jojo. That's how cancerous the fucking """fans""" are

It is when the fans are the worst kind of bandwagoning cancer. Jojo used to be a beloved series on this site (or at least on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, the only two boards that really knew it existed before 2012) and now genuine fans of the series can't talk about without being lumped in with facebookers and tumblr cancer. They've completely ruined this series.

>Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

Because just because some people online like Jojo doesn't mean that other people will too. It's the same as Gundam IBO. It has a lot of good buzz outside of /m/ with people calling one of the best anime on right now, yet when it came to Toonami it didn't do as hot as they probably were hoping. Hell, I know Gundam fans who were worried that Unicorn would hurt Gundam because it was vastly different to IBO and can be confusing to people who don't know the Universal Century timeline, but as we can see Unicorn is still bringing in similar ratings to what IBO pulled at the end of it's run.

Can you the imagine the absolute ass devastation if the alleged best part of Jojo was put on hold for AoT?

I hate AoT but the salt would be glorious

Battle Tendency will run until May.

tell shitty fans who make ugly fanart of the show and make an ass out of themselves to fuck off

enjoy your discussions in peace and keep enjoying Jojo.

just report trolls, it's not difficult

Ah, my count must be off then. A bit of a relief actually

IBO was garbage. O hope they don't bring its second season to Toonami. I rather have them re-air Gundam 00 or show Garo: The Carved Seal of Flames. I'm sure westerners would like both of those better and rake in better ratings. Solid shows

I love you

so whats up with the ratings? anything high? anything low?

Man I really don't think anybody gives a shit anymore about Attack on Titan. 4 years is a long time to wait for another season. I mean I know it still has autistic fans, the generals on Sup Forums are proof of that, but the hype is long dead.

>Can you the imagine the absolute ass devastation if the alleged best part of Jojo was put on hold for AoT?

Everyone's already read and watched part 4. I don't think I can say the same for Attack on Titan Season 2. I dropped it and I don't see it being as popular as it was when it first came out

It's literally impossibe. For every one actual Jojo fan there are 5 meme spewers.

And the damage has already been done at a significant level, as you see with anger an off topic Jojo image generates compared to a generic anime reaction image

How could people have possibly seen the dub of super since it's new? There's plenty of people who waited for the dub to watch super (since like I said it gets nostalgia views).

That won't stop Demarco from trying to cash in on yesterdays hype train

IBOs2 is pretty much a guarantee, it's clear we have a permanent Gundam slot

>SotB made the weekly post but it doesn't actually have any ratings in it, so we only get the top chart since I know people get antsy.
>If the full chart comes out feel free to post it
It should be out by tomorrow most likely

Oh I'm sure it'll do well on Toonami. It won't be nearly the hit season 1 was, but it's bound to do better than Jojo at least.

Maybe, there was no reason for a delay this week so I dont know what the issue is. So I just went ahead with what we had

>the dub is pure shit

That sounds kinda harsh. Some of the actors have good delivery.

I like Ben Diskin as Joseph, I like Speedwagon's actor, and the 3 main Pillar Men (especially Wammu) sound good.

Don't really like anyone else, though, especially Caesar.

God the Sunday classic block probably did so terribly lmao

No see I have immense respect for a lot of the actors in this dub. But the director is to blame for the boneheaded decision to use these atrocious accents. It's hard enough to nail good delivery in a show like this without having to keep up a shitty accent.

Only because of the robo-waifu

"BATO?!"

That's my point man. Anime geeks on places like MAL or ANN were mostly giving the show high marks and how it was saving Gundam, but to other audiences it didn't go over so hot.

Season is an improvement in my opinion, but it is weighed down because one had to watch the chore that was season one. If people were put off by the first season, they're not going to flock to the second just because people says it's better. People also said season one was amazing after all.

I'm just going to leave you with this tidbit. In Japan G-Reco got above average ratings for it's timeslot. IBO's ratings on primetime were considered a joke with some episodes (including the final episode) scoring under their G-Reco counterparts. G-Reco also beat Unicorn in the ratings department.

Super and Kai did average. Jojo took a huge dive but everything in that area stayed really consistent. Full chart wasn't posted for some reason

i only watch dubs, unless its an anime that doesnt have dubs that i really want to see.

nice dubbs btw

Ah, I gotcha. I kinda agree about those accents, desu.

Stroheim's actor is alright, but that German accent is cringy. And Caesar is downright terrible, bot accent and line delivery.

Apparently Caesar's voiced by the same guy who did Kirito in the Sword Art Online dubs. He sounded bad there, and I'm not surprised I don't like him here.

And cause it was a brand new show nobody had heard of and couldn't anticipate. It was worth a watch just for the novelty. Yeah it ended up being a wet fart, but people didn't know it was a wet fart going into it and that's why they kept watching.

Sure there were some spoilers, but only in places like Toonami General, for most people they were flying totally blind. And for generating interest blind is the best. It's why anime original series always get lots of attention on Sup Forums, because there's no light novel or manga faggots to spoil everything for you.

Papenbrook is basically the new JYB, they cram him in everything as the generic male lead since he has zero range. At least JYB actually did have range (I really liked him as Vash and he wasn't bad as Lelouch), he just got typecast as generic MC.

G-Reco is way too risky to air in the west. Not only is it Universal Century, but the amount of information dumps and world building information compressed in each episode is too much for the common American viewer.
It's a show that demands attention.

Also, knowing that Greco is by Tomino, and how Gundam otaku flock at any project he is in, it is no surprise that it would outdo Okada's IBO.

But outselling Unicorn in Japan? I havent seen the ratings or sells, but that's hard to believe.

Meh, the novelty of it being a new show wore off for me pretty quickly.

I only stuck around for the robot girl and the masked guy who sounded like Garrus from Mass Effect. He was cool af.

Those are the worst anime. You'd have to be one pretentious weeb to like that stuff.

Well, here are the ratings and timeslots.

> IBO S1 - 2.25% at 5pm Sunday
> IBO S2 - 1.94% for the first half. Same time as S1.
> G-Reco - 1.8% at 2am Tuesday
> Unicorn - 1.7% at 7am Sunday
> Build Fighters - 1.64% - 6pm Monday
> Build Fighters Try - 1.42% - Same as Build Fighters

Its literally holding you by the hand and telling you whats going on.

I forgot to mention. 2% and above is considered a hit for a late night anime. But for a timeslot like IBO has, well, the first time the show scored under that the producer went to twitter to tell people it picks up towards the end of season one.

You'd be surprised how that doesn't help some people. Because it's not redundant enough. Redundancy is one of the most important aspects in film and TV, because most audiences are not sharp enough to catch something if you show it or say it only once. So they repeat it 2 or 3 times, or even more. So shows like G-Reco or even GitS, even though they have lots of exposition, are really hard for general audiences to follow because so much of that exposition is given only once. And I'm not gonna pretend I perfectly understood GitS the first time, I have the benefit of having seen it several times so I've absorbed its lengthy dialogue over several years of rewatching, but to somebody whose watching it the first time? They're gonna miss stuff. Even if they follow most of it, they are definitely gonna miss things.

Reasons reasons, user.

>brand new content is proven success despite quality
>hey lets get a bunch of long runners with no fresh novelty appeal that we also get stuck with for half a decade

Demarco logic everyone

>Another Diamond kool-aid drinker
I hope this shit gets cancelled already. I'm tired of Sup Forums's bullshit opinions leaking over here.

How significant is watching all of Jack before the new season? I have seen bits and pieces but never all in order. How much will that affect me?

watch Aku's origin story with Jack's father fighting him, the first season episodes, the Guardian of the portal episode, some flashback episodes. And just a handful of random ones. They're all entertaining in their own way. It's all episodic and mostly seperate, but when put together, makes a great world.
Jack being chased by bounty hunters is expanded on almost every episode.
Scottish man episode is great and makes a return for a two partner.

Also watch any episode where Jack fights Aku

One thing I know for sure: Ghost In The Shell managed to get lower ratings than One Piece since everyone already saw it before years ago.

> multiple other issues with the block

please elucidate to us the number of problems the block has right now.

Not him, but the fact that the block's oversaturated with long runners same-y shonen shows.

i wish some moe anime aired on toonami

You wanna kill the block faster, nigga?

Not gonna get into semantics about shonen but Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, and HunterxHunter are all pretty different in tone.

Not gonna call Jojos a longrunner since Davids went out of their way to make every part feel different even if the episode count is 100+ now. We've also had longer shows like Thundercats, Soul Eater, and Eureka 7. Like it or not, long shows and Toonami are pretty tightly tied together and it's been that way even since before the revival.

Thundercats was by no mean a long runner. It had 26 fucking episodes.

My mistake, I thought it was 52.

No way to tell what stuff they will reference from the earlier seasons, but I'd say it's definitely worth watching all of it.

It was planned to be 52 but got canceled halfway through and ended on a cliffhanger with Lion-o getting cucked after it was revealed his waifu is a living dead taking mummy dick on the regular.

Oh boy they are all so different, I can't wait to watch Naruto use Nen and Gon use Hamon this week!

They are all the same schlock with a different coat of paint. And that's not the point anyway, there was never a point where all but ONE slot didn't have a permanent show. There was always 3-4 slots rotating new shows every 3 months or so

Not that guy, but Nen is unlike anything you've seen on this block, or ever will since I doubt we'll be getting Jojo part 3 and Stands are the only thing that approaches the absurdity of high level Nen.

Man, what the fuck WAS that reboot even trying to do near the end? Seems like they only cared about shitting on Lion-O instead of any cohesive endgame.

>He's still hyping up HxH
You'd think they'd learn by now.

No it's exactly the same shit. It's the magic power that MC didn't have to work for that makes him better than everyone else. Just because HxH forced us to watch a tutorial on it for 2 months doesn't make it different

>Soul Eater
>Eureka 7

At this point I'd be ecstatic to have a series on the block that is only 50 some episodes. Everything on Toonami except Gundam is pushing 150 and up

> same schlock with a different coat of paint

Are you really gonna claim Dragonball, Naruto, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were all aimed at the same audience? You have to realize that there's a lot more diversity in shonen than at first glance.

Yea, maybe not directly but they definitely are
>hmm kids really liked DBZ
>I got it lets market Naruto to a young teen audience to catch those DBZ kids who got a little older
>hey why don't we market Jojo to young adults we will add in some gore and shit and make it seem more mature
>genius

If you can't see they are all basically the same damn thing with a slight increase in violence and language then you are a retard beyond help

dead memory stick guy here, image back log is better but could still use some essential images or images from shows past. What cha got Toonami Gen?

an important one, thanks user. how many sandwiches will be cut down before their time in sao3?

Because the people who begged for jojo only ever saw Stardust Crusaders, evidence being the twitter shitstorm after episode 1 where people were shocked at how young Dio acted and how he was basically trump

And memes about STANDS

They're probably the same people who begged for OP and HxH, only saw the good parts or don't know how toonami works

OPfags wanted One Piece because "It's a hit in Japan! It's best selling anime/manga series on the planet!"

HxH got on because fantards think it's a shounen masterpiece.

Toonami keeps listening to people who download anime.

That's what I mean

They don't know how Toonami works and what timeline they were gonna start us off with OP. OP has bad pacing and it will take months to get to the part fans keep saying "is the best"
These fans probably gave up half way through because they didn't want to stay up late every weekend waiting for the good parts and now most only occasionally watch them

Toonami is doomed with shitty long runners that get bad ratings because of a VERY vocal minority