Mark Gruenwald's Captain America Pt. 1

Because an user asked for it

How long is this run anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/username/X-user/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=M9YFvWiZyuY
youtube.com/watch?v=nD2n7Jiy-xY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it's actually pretty long, like over a hundred issues.

Yikes. I'd rather not then.

>mfw no storytime.

>How long is this run anyway?
I think he had one of the longest Cap runs ever.

Way to be prepared, OP.

Just try for a dozen issues or so. I believe in you, OP.

Don't worry OP, I'll do it for you.

Just the first collection, though.

I'd rather you didn't, Trumpster.

Goddammit, I can't delete the thread.

Coincidentally, I was just reading Roy Thomas' Invaders this morning.

How y'all doing tonight?

>How y'all doing tonight?
Good and you

Hey Nomad, I know that feeling of having to choose between your comfy job and fun superheroics.

Tomorrow's my day off so I'm happy to be able to stay up reading.

>Tomorrow's my day off so I'm happy to be able to stay up reading.
Cool.

YOU CAN'T KEEP HIM FROM MAKING THIS PLACE GREAT YOU LERBRALLL

>lol so random xD
~Madcap

I'm not really sure why people keep snapping at me assuming I'm a Trump supporter. I've literally never said a single thing about Trump.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

What's your price for flight

So this is what Dr. Mindbubble was a reference to. Interesting.

I feel ya, Nomad.

jej

Oh, wow, Secret Wars II, huh. How exciting.

Armadillo was brought back in Yost's Scarlet Spider, IIRC, set right here in my home state!

In the 80's, a lot of comics fans actually did exactly what Cap is doing here, being so autistic about continuity they would break things down into individual hours.

Not that I'm judging. One of them went on to become Mark Waid, in fact.

West Coast Avengers, one of my very favorite Marvel comics. It was what got me interested in the Marvel universe outside of Spider-Man.

>West Coast Avengers, one of my very favorite Marvel comics.
I miss Julia.

like 10 fucking years

Finally. Reading.

Without a doubt the superior Spider-Woman.

>liking a tranny
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>Without a doubt the superior Spider-Woman.
This

The last thing I read about her was Grim Hunt, after which I dropped Slott's Spider-Man like a rock so I don't know what happened to her after that.

W-what

Despite living in Texas I've never actually seen an armadillo. Well, an armadillo that was still alive, that is.

I swear, its one user who just searches for trans related things. They appeared in a CosmicMuse thread, and a shade thread last week, responding the same way

What's with storytimes attracting bizarre trolls lately?

Um...eleven years worth of Cap issues...

It's approximately 150 issues if we include crossovers. Which would make it a little over 13 threads to post all of. Which actually isn't as many as I would have guessed.

Keep in mind, this is a pretty legendary Cap run. It introduced US Agent, D-Man, the Serpent Society, Diamondback, Crossbones, and a lot of other Captain America staples.

Don't worry, OP is just a retard. Thanks for doing the story time instead of this lazy cunt.

FUCK my boss just called and asked me to come in tomorrow.

I will finish the thread, though.

I was gonna post something tonight anyway and saw this, figured this run would be as good a choice as any.

good stuff Texas user

>Bonita
Firebird?

>But I don't want to cure cancer! I want to turn people into armadillos!

These classic 80's runs make me so happy. This whole era was just fantastic, both Marvel and DC at the absolute top of their game.

she's a cutie what happened to her

Eventually gets put on a bus, then gets brought back by Brubaker decades later.

Bernie best Cap love interest

me too, they feel just more substantial that capeshit today
I love all the text bubbles I'm weird

Bernie comes in and out through this run, is kind of forgotten for a while, and then appear in Brubaker run as Bucky's defense lawyer in court. Cap is actually pretty good at keeping his girlfriends alive (Peggy died of natural causes)

I feel ya. You get so much more story per issue that way.

I bet he a top tier dick game

Physical perfection, user.

unless the serum augmented everything except his penis and then all his gfs are just really secretly disappointed thats why they don't get overly attached and fridged

And here's the proof

oh fuck! are we about to read some X-Men?!

He did fuck a robot.

Nope, that's going into Secret Warts II. A story for another day.

And another user has dibs on all the X-Men comics, anyway.

how can one claim dibs on all X-Men comics
f that
when you're done I'm gonna storytime some

desuarchive.org/co/search/username/X-user/type/op/

>tfw no anaconda gf

Making coffee, BRB.

Like a decade.
I'm in.

Wait, which position is this on the flying chart?

Avengers Identicards seem handy.

Killing Jack Monroe was a mistake, and Bucky being back doesn't really make up for it to me.

who's this Jack Monroe fella

This is actually not that unusual for Coney Island.

When I lived in New York people always joked that if you go to Coney Island as a tourist, you'll have a good time. If you go while living in or around the city, you'll encounter all the weird shit.

Nomad, the guy on the cover of the first issue I posted.

Wow, the Serpent Society gets in early.

The Commie Smashin' Bucky of the 1950s!

He got frozen for going crazy along with "Steve Rogers" and later got more or less got debrainwashed and took over Cap's spare Nomad identity.

He had a solo series in the 90s where he fought crime with a dead prostitute's kid strapped to his chest in a Baby Bjorn!

youtube.com/watch?v=M9YFvWiZyuY

This is about the boardwalk in Ocean City (where I spent my summers) but it applies to Coney Island as well.

Gruenwald didn't care too much for her for whatever reason and writes her out fairly quickly in favor of the long redemption/romance arc with Diamondback.

Will Captain America ever date a Jew again?

is that worth storytiming?
he seems like my type of dude

Depends, is Bucky Jewish?

that fingerhook
he knows how to please a lady
(;

The less racist snake themed super villain group

I'd say so.

Jack's theme song for this storyarc: youtube.com/watch?v=nD2n7Jiy-xY

Based on Unions.