GOD DANGIT BOBBY

bobs a dead man

*blocks your path*

Stiflers mom

They are reaching the 90's

>eats the fat one first

How can a person be so based?
Have you ever met someone like him?

>that scene with the ghostbuster costumes and Mike saying Lucas should play the dumb character just because he's black
How did they get away with this?

the directors and show creators them selves are so amazed they had to put some one in the show just to challenge him.

Gee, what gave it away? The fact he wanted to take several main characters out of the town? The fact he left the gun behind? The fact he's a clumsy idiot? The fact he was just an attempt at forcing the Barb effect to happen again?

>they just let her go because hopper asked nicely
Did the government forget she killed tens of their own and is a dangerous walking weapon? Even with the fact she saved the day, that doesn't mean they can just let her out into the general population, and have her attend school - her powers defy known laws of physics and as such no assumptions can be made in regards to her safety. This would never happen in reality

Will they become bros in Season 3?

Lucas is the best, all the white kids are fucking boring, just like most white people

>her safety
Oh, and by this I mean the weapons safety. Because that's what she is, a bioweapon. You don't let an loaded gun into school just because it saved the day. Except in this case it's more than just a gun. Makes no sense whatsoever

Which one of those cute DEMODOGGOS is Dart? Do you think Dart prefered the taste of bob or nugat?

dustin is also fun

the most hilarious character is lucas' sister tho

if anyone actually thinks that evil looking black girl is funny, you should honestly consider killing yourself as soon as possible.

hes was just to damn nice and nice people always die.

Liking or hating Winston is entirely dependent on age. As a kid, of course a person would hate Winston.

As an adult, you appreciate the importance of Winston's character, being the "every man" in a team of scientists, and giving the ability to have that great "faith v science" discussion between Ray and Winston while driving on the bridge. That scene changed the tone of the movie going forward, and gave it a lot more weight and dramatic tension.

Note how the new movie was "all comedy, all the item", and completely lacked a Winston character. It was "everyone wants to be Venkman", which was sort of the joke in ST. Kids all want to be Venkman, the cool one. The other characters and their archetypes are important.

Dart was in the tunnels headed in the opposite direction. Also Dart makes no fucking sense, if all the dogs are connected telepathically to the Mindflayer then Dustin shouldn't have been able to train it to ignore humans and eat nougat bars.

Or is it implied that Dart came from the slug that Will vomited up and its partially human qualities are what allowed it to be domesticated?

Depends on whether Steve is bi or not. Billy is obviously a closet case, which is why his adopted dad hates him so much, and Billy overcompensates by being extra macho.

its the 80's no one cares

There was nothing ever wrong with Winston, the Ghostbusters were all accepted at the time. Lucas just didn't want to be him because he's a self-hating black.

its not bicouse he 'ask nicely', she is a weapon, but she needs also mental stabillity to be used, so she dont go rogue, like the weird killer girl. A family povides that.

That's his actual dad. "Susan" is his step-mom.

That's why Owens said to keep her hidden for another year. They're trying to normalize her so she isn't driven by her emotions when trying to function in the real world.

Will tapped out morse code when the mind flayer was skull fucking him.

i was hoping dustin would have a happy ending with dart, he did.

In season 2 you can see how fucking fast they grow and the slug that Will vomited happened in season 1, that's 1 year before

Maybe that's the whole plan of the alines, they implanted that on Will (like in the film Alien) so they start reproducing on Earth. Dart is just one of the many grandchildren of the original slug and he just like chocolate

Lucas didn't like Winston because he was the boring one, and was introduced later in the movie. (also made a quick joke to play off of in the show)

Fuck buddys

> still no King Steve with sunglasses gif

wtf

>you can see how fucking fast they grow
>Dart is just one of the many grandchildren of the original slug
If they started reproducing last year and they can grow that fast, then should be like a fucking billion of them filling up those tunnels by the time a whole year went by.

Thanks Mr. Obvious, I watched the show and understand why the character didn't like the other character. I'm replying to a post that said hating Winston specifically was a common thing, when it really wasn't.

anyone else think King Steve was toast in that tunnel when those dogs were racing toward him? I seriously thought he was boosting the the kids out, then get stuck down there, and go down fighting. killed off as a hero

this thread is doomed

it if was the same one then it would have grew like 5% of his full size in the first year and then 95% in a few days, doesn't make sense

>getting annoyed at someone responding to what you actually posted
You said it was for different reasons, though. I was responding to that.

was is he so eager to fight faceless abominations?

he fucks a skeleton, he is on spooky stuff

Good season all around except for the Lost Sister episode, but I guess they had to establish her powers and conviction.

T H I S

Shit thread.

post plot holes

>possessed will has severe amnesia, yet is able to figure out where he is based on a telephone ring
>directly after that, everyone retreats inside rather than just driving to a different location
>also only one dog showed up

>the doctor somehow didn't die in the stairwell of a demodog infested lab while everyone else there escaped or was killed

he has amnesia, the entity didnĀ“t. The monster controls the memories of the host.

no, just no.

little black girls in the 80's are the personification of evil hateful bitches.

>tfw after season 3 the kids will be too old for this show to continue

Why? Just her face made me giggle

I bet they're going to film both season 3 and 4 next year.

Lets just hope they know when to stop and give it a proper ending

I have flashbacks to my friend Eddies little sister Val in 1985. jesus she was and still is a giant bitch.

obvious bait is obvious

Best adult: Hopper
Best teen: Steve
Best kid: Jane

Was anyone else reminded of this when Eleven kept opening locks this season?

It's from the first ten minutes of the first episode, and IIRC it's the only instance where the Demogorgon uses telekinesis.

What's the consensus? Season 1 or Season 2? I just finished the second season and I feel I enjoyed it more than the first.

Just finished season 2. I don't see how they could incorporate the kids into another season unless it's more El and government hi-jinks. If there's a S3 I could see it being about number 8.

Season 1 > Season 2.

But 2 is good too.

Season one was objectively better in every way.

I like season 1 because it feels more like a scifi mystery.

S01 is better, but the hype and nostalgia has made S02 more enjoyable.

Season 1 felt more innocent and wholesome.

Only real problem I had here was only one dog. I figure more got their asses kicked in the woods. But that whole scene needed to be a badass hero entrance for Eleven in more than just style. It lacked the substance. I figure they lacked the budget so they went with what we got.

It sounds like something kids (having less social awareness) would say, and the conversation immediately shifts to a different topic.

Season 2 had a much better conclusion and way more memorable scenes and character moments. Season 1's ending is pure dogshit but played the mystery shit way better. Overall I enjoyed season 2 much more.

Season 1 is substantially better. S2 is practically an anime filler season complete with a beat by beat retread of season 1.

It seemed to be implied that the doctor didn't do it legitimately, that he was somehow able to alter birth records.

Just thinking -- I spent a lot of time trying to understand season one and something which stands out is how the kids used the Demogorgon from D&D as the analogy for the real monster, when the two characters had almost nothing in common. The D&D Demogorgon has two heads and they're constantly fighting with each other, trying to kill each other but ultimately can't because it would result in both being killed. After watching season two it got me thinking, what if the Demogorgon from season one actually was being controlled by two minds? What if the Mindflayer was in its head in the same way that Will was, and it was telling it to kill everything, but the Demogorgon was trying to resist for some reason? The Duffers did mention that there was a specific reason why there is only one monster running around in season one. Maybe the reason it never outright killed Will is because it was trying to break itself free of the Mindflayer. It makes me wonder that if Eleven made it back to the lab in season one and closed the portal, if that would have killed the Demogorgon where it stood. I dunno, just thinking while I'm typing.

Season 1 because the mystery of the Upside Down added to the intrigue. Season 2 is just a pack of monsters rather than a single monster, plus a psychic monster that possesses one of the kids. They need to go in a new direction for Season 3.

See I thought that Eleven and the Demogorgon were linked like they were both apsects of the same entity, some sort of physical manifestation of part of her psyche. I guesss they decided to take it in a different direction though.

Where do you get the idea that only one dog showed up? I heard several screeching outside while El killed them, she only threw one through the window.

the horror in the clay

Only real problem I had here was only one dog. I figure more got their asses kicked in the woods. But that whole scene needed to be a badass hero entrance for Eleven in more than just style. It lacked the substance. I figure they lacked the budget so they went with what we got.

>Tfw they're gonna kill based Steve in Season 3

Not since the days when Hulk Hogan shook hands with the Macho Man would such an alliance have an impact on pop culture.

Yeah, I really think in earlier version Eleven and the Demogorgan were much more inextricably linked. Either it an aspect of her, or both part of some large.... something.

Why are superior intelligences ofter portrayed as a fucking toad or a lizzard? Any smart criature should be standing in 2 feet

>get to this scene
>pretty intense
>think of the "she keeps sucking meme"
>start laughing and takes me out of the moment

Screw you guys

Bob is way better than Barb.

Yeah, Billy will go full Berserker and help Steve cleanse the Upside Down of evil with his dual nail clubs

It was unsettling at first, but then the music turned into rapid drums which kind of went with his convulsing, and I laughed

The conditioning of Dustin's parental bond affected Dart's brain patterns. Dart may have been confused. It recognizes Dustin but also feels the impulses of the Mindflayer's destructive urges.

They'll be slaying demogorgons left and right

I couldn't be an actor. I'd break so many times just from the absurdity of some of the scenes. All those people around you while you look like an idiot for 10 takes. I could definitely be a crew member who's behind the scenes, trying to stifle a laugh.

did the military and cops kill any dog or only eleven could get one? I mean, can they get killed with human guns?

also, will they still be there in s3 or they are out forever?

Eleven killed at least three or four dogs, but only threw one in the window.

Paul Reiser has to live to later fuck over the party after earning their trust.

Don't forget that when Bob is getting eaten, Hopper is unloading on demodogs and they don't even flinch, but later when he's covering Eleven on the lift, he's one shotting them by the dozens.

I figured that if Dart really was the slug that Will puked up then it might have escaped being infected with the rest of the demodogs by being in the real world all its life. It instinctively sought out the tunnels to escape being confined, or maybe it accidentally ran into them while digging, but it was never a thrall to the Mindflayer.

>pretend to concede the autistic girl to the cop so he can raise her as a second daughter
>actually profit from it because now you know where she is at all times instead of having to waste manpower chasing her down every time she runs away

government playing 4D chess

We know that humans can kill them with guns since we see Hopper slaying several with his assault riffle and shotgun.

It's just typical 80s cliche that unnamed military and police are fodder. Only the main characters can overcome the menace.

good memory, i cant remember shit from season 1 its been a year

Did he kill them or just make them fall?

Season 1 is better but Season 2 was mostly comfy too because they were able to skip the intros for most of the characters since we're already familiar with them, letting us get right into fun stuff

Also Season 2 has episode 7, which is the worst fucking episode of any show I've ever seen

Hopper is the single biggest plot armored character on the show, he bends the world's logic around himself. Steve a very close 2nd.

>That scene from S1 with Barb's body

>which is the worst fucking episode of any show I've ever seen
You need to watch more shows then, the episode was probably the weakest one so far but it was still decent

She's going to ruin season 3 isn't she

If they do anything at all with that storyline or characters they will have turned this into a CW show.

Why is he the perfect man?

is her mustache just a mind trick too?

The most interesting addition to this season are the degenerate urban punks terrorizing mouthbreathers across the streets and suburbs of Chicago, and they fail us by shoehorning it all into one episode.

Jane shows up and goes through this radical change, then discovers shortly after arriving that her new friends are thieves and killers, so she leaves with zero resolution. We barely understand why the rogues are terrorizing other people to begin with, aside from 'these people did bad things to us.' Okay can we expand on that? No, we can't expand on that I guess. Just watch them get shot at and care.

This error would easily be dismissible if it weren't for the fact that Jane was guided to Chicago by her mom. We're led to believe that all of this is the result of Terry attempting to reach her child and reveal something to Jane.

Why?

It's plausible that she's thirteen and doesn't really understand what exactly her mother's message was meant to convey, but then that leaves us wondering just what exactly poor old Terry was muttering about.

Perhaps after all Terry is just an inconsequential lunatic and Jane being thirteen has no idea what the fuck she is really doing.

At least we get a neon butterfly.

Nah, don't worry.
When One will appear though? We're fucked.

She tried to give her a family, with someone like her, but it wasn't necessary.