QC comic

t

Other urls found in this thread:

questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3003
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kys

This is so fucking dumb.

>t

Your Patreon dollars hard at work, folks.

Isn't it fun when you get to have the good character show their goodness by refusing to harm the villain (even when they deserve it) but still having the villain get their requisite comeuppance, even if it involves introducing a literal deus ex machina?

what the fuck is this strip even turning into?

I mean, it was boring before, nothing to write home about, but it's gotten more and more nonsensical as it's progressed. and this new arc about muh all-powerful literal deus-ex-machina with a revenge boner for no reason is just full-on edgelord bullshit.

So what exactly does the robot devil have a problem with here?
Removing memories that both sides agreed to remove?
"Enslaving" bubbles by having her work to pay off her perceived debt? Which, how is that worse than an eternity of mind torture?
Or the kill software? Which is just another way to kill someone.

UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHHHHHH

fucking deus ex machina
>bubbles is stuck with the robot girl I'm not calling her Corpse Witch, that name is so dumb.
>no way out of it
>DONT WORRY SECRET ROBOT SOCIETY
>SOLVE YOUR SUPER SECRET CRYPTOGRAM WITH ZERO EFFORT
>bubbles goes the 'if you kill them you become just like them route'
>ITS OKAY ROBOT GIRL GETTING COMEUPPANCE FROM SECRET ROBOT SOCIETY

>Questionable Content has become more nonsensical than It Hurts!
I don't even know what's real anymore.

What the titfucking christ has happened to this comic in the past couple months? It was just garden variety bad before, but now it's going off the deep end in the most spectacularly retarded fashion I can imagine.

Okay so... from the beginning:

Red robut is used as a weapon of war.
Red robut has bad PTSD.
Red robut asks pink robut to remove war memories.
Pink robut agrees.
Pink robut then asks red robut to work in her illegal robut death battle arena where nobody actually dies or even gets the slightest bit hurt and thus it has no reason to be illegal in exchange for the memory removal service she just performed.
Red robut agrees.
Pink robut then, by mistake, deletes memories that red robut never wanted in the first place at some point even though she was just supposed to encrypt them or whatever.
Pink robut then starts "blackmailing" red robut with the deletion of the memories that red robut never wanted even though they've already been deleted just to keep her working at the have-no-reason-to-be-illegal robut fights.
Robut devil shows up and uses its apparent omniscience to explain all of this to red robut and fat human.
Robut devil then punishes pink robut for... lying about deleting the memories, I guess?

Did I miss anything important? Or rather, Was there anything important to begin with? Why are we even here, again?

Every once in a while, the fact that this is a post-singularity future world actually comes up, usually when even Jeph is getting too bored with slice-of-life coffee house plots.

>Why are we even here, again?
Because the other robots became too problematic and had to be replaced with lesbian poc robots.

This comic has become a complete mindwreck of a trainfuck.

>lying about deleting the memories, I guess?
If I'm understanding correctly, Deusex McMachina here isn't okay with the blackmail and the killswitch, despite threatening to torture the pink robot if she doesn't comply.

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS EDGY SUIT AND WHY THE FUCK DO THEY GIVE SO MUCH OF A DAMN ABOUT FAYE'S LESBIAN LOVEBOT?!

Audience stand in Mary Sue robot.

oh wow look how intimidating she is with those extreme closeups to her crazy eyes amazing

But then we're right back to the problem of the blackmail being over literally nothing.

We criticized Haques all this time for never progressing his plot, and now we know why. The instant he tries, he utterly fails to understand character logic, cause-effect relationships, or even the basic premise of the progression of events. It's kind of incredible.

It Hurts makes sense, it's just not sense we want it to make because, well, it hurts.

it's been dumb for a decade but people still give him money to make it

t...
t...
time to leave?

>nonsense plot starts with a problem, problem is unsolved, characters accept it
>it's not like the problem was even a real problem to begin with
>story was resolved with no real loose ends
>characters could just go their separate ways and keep trudging through monotony like all other QC strips
>instead we get this and odds are the story that should be over still has until the end of the week to actually finish
>we still don't know what the fuck the thing in the suit is

It's times like these I regret the decision to read all of QC so I could participate in these threads after I got caught up in the middle of the trappening. I thought mocking this comic as part of a community would be at a bare minimum mildly amusing.

Sad thing is, I'll be back here next time we have a thread. We all will be.

See you anons next time. I'm out for now.

This is not very good.

You went in too deep, user.

QC Is basically the webcomic equivalent of outmeal.

Goddamn, the only way it could get more cringey is if the deus ex machinamind wore a Guy Fawkes mask

just slap the facial hair on and she is

ok
sure
whatever

I've said it before. I'll say it again. The man does not understand how to write anything but petty, mundane, slice of life drama. When he tries to build a plot, he simply cannot see anything but the emotional beats. He knows what he wants the characters (and presumably the audience) to feel, but he has no conception of how to string those feelings into a coherent narrative.

This. This is the one question he's somehow not answered since introducing Deus Ex Machina-Bot and that's robbed any of the scenes involving them of any actual impact or connection. Like, who the fuck are they and why are they doing what they're doing and why haven't we heard of them before and augh this is such basic storytelling, it's mind-boggling how royally he's fucked this up.

How has his art not improved at all

I can't believe he's been uploading this diarrhea vomit of a comic to the Internet for 14 years, and that during all this time his art has barely improved at all.

JJ's medicine isn't working like it used to, mostly because he uses it like booze to avoid facing his issues rather than as a tool to assist therapy.

I hope this fucking arc ends so we can get back to Brun

Who gives a fuck about this stupid fucking story about robots and their memories, stop trying to make this shitty slice of life comic into something else you fucking hack.

Oh my god its jpg.
He usually uploads an 8 bit (256 color) png.
His reason is server load/cost.
If you took the most recent png's file size as a guide that would put all 3400 QC strips at less then 500 MB
The problem is whenever he wants to use gradients or glows, 256 colors isn't enough to look smooth.
He even failed at dithering a while back and had to re-uploaded the strip twice.
So since he wanted to use a gradient in the last couple, instead of using lossless png, he went with jpg for an estimated disk savings of 500 KB.
Even if he used a 24 bit png for every strip, all of QC would still be under 3 gigs.

Jeph you cheap fuck

>I went through something like five different iterations of this strip before I found one I was happy with. Spookybot isn't a very nice person.

This.
This is what passed Jeph's high bar of strict quality standards.

WHY

They're never gonna specify

Probably all of the above which is why Bubbles had to go to her in the first place?
It's starting to look plausible that the robot devil has more of a role akin to lucifer before the whole fall from grace thing bit that's wild guessing since I don't really keep up with these strips. Or another way to say it is that she's the bad cop in good cop/bad cop.

>When he tries to build a plot, he simply cannot see anything but the emotional beats

That "everyone is sad let's hug" panel was supposed to be an emotional beat?

Calling it now, it's the only other member of Bubble's squad to have survived the war.

According to his Twitter, he just started drawing the next arc, which means however long the buffer is is however long this arc has left to live.

Reminder that the event that kicked off this entire "the pink boss is evil and must be destroyed" thread was that Faye was caught using work supplies for personal use and got all mad at the idea that she'd have to actually pay for it. Either it was trivially cheap and she shouldn't mind paying for it or it, was actually expensive/rare materials and she shouldn't have felt free to dip into it. But starting with this point, everything went downhill and Bossbot had to be punished. The path to today's revenge story didn't have to make sense, but there you go.

>however long the buffer is
Tomorrow then.

Underrated post, senpai

Is he adding more fantastical elements to QC because no one is reading that other garbage comic he makes

> LIKE ZAP MUTHAFUUCKA

To be fair, this is not an uncommon trope.

>he just started drawing the next arc,

where else is there left to go? this "arc" proves that, for all the complaining that was done about Jeph setting the comic in a futuristic present with AI and a Singularity and wasting it, that using that setting is somehow worse than the normal banal tone of lazy hipsters and their drama. as bad as he is at that, he's worse at sci-fi. Alice Grove proves that, and now this "arc" cements it.

besides, he's hit all of the "Simpsons" milestones for idiotic plots after the well has run dry anyhow:

Marge becomes a robot (May gets a robot body)

Moe gets a cell phone (Marten gets a guitar)

Bart owns a bear (Faye gets a amnesiac killbot)

A crazy wedding where something happens and do do do dododo (Marten's gay dad's wedding that kickstarted the Trappening)

so where does he go from here? does he start ripping off Steven Universe? we already have NotGarnet in Bubbles. maybe they can go after the Gem, err, AI Homeworld in order to retrieve Greg, err Bubble's memories. that wouldn't be hackey at all.

Somebody draw a hand on hacks neck and give him a knife so we can end this train ride.

The only thing that makes sense is that the robot devil wanted Bubbles memories for something. Bubbles was the only survivor of her unit, that would make her PTSD memories the only first person account of whatever happened there.

Robot devil steps into help 'unlock' the memories, almost certainly getting a loot at them in the process since they are using the devils equipment to do it. Finds memories deleted.

This explains why it goes after Corpse Witch and the first thing it asks is if CW has a backup or if the memories are truly gone. CW is the last chance for it to get what it wants, slim as that chance is.

Of course, since the memories ARE gone its basically impossible for this arc to have any kind of payoff beyond what we are already seeing unless we get another survivor character introduced later who can explain what happened to bubbles and unravel this mystery.

Which might actually advance something akin to a plot, so no way thats happening.

Next arc involves Bubbles becoming friends with Hanners and May(who somehow transferred herself into a scrapped military robot that is suspiciously round and purple.)

I guess maybe robots have special robot labor laws and heavy regulations regarding when and how a robot is allowed to remove another robot's memories. I guess it makes sense to have these kinds of laws in a society where it's so trivially easy to alter someone else's personality. The closest human equivalent would be a quack doctor practicing surgery without a license and accepting under-the-table labor doing illegal stuff as payment.

That doesn't make it any less shitty.

He has to save money somehow, user! He can barely live on his Patreon funds!

10,000 a month. It's a fucking crime.

Tell me you

YOU ARE READING IT

Yes we get It, creepybot's first name is ROU.

I know loss.jpg is an old meme, but dammit, I still laugh every single time.

What other comic?

Sandy Orchard

unless he sleeps late or something then we get a sketch

so that

>nose doesn't go red
come on now.

New one is up. It's so lazy that I won't even post it.

jesus fucking christ thats bad

That's so bad I thought it was fake for a second.

So the only reason the robot fighting ring was illegal wasn't because it was inherently criminal, but because it wasn't properly registered? What the fuck?
Also the fact that the joke seems to be that Robot Satan is easily solving all of the problems does not suddenly make the deus ex machina good writing, Hacques.

>super secret AI agent
>introduces herself to everyone
>including a cop

At least that means the arc's over, right?

now we can start a whole new arc about punchbot heading the legal robot fighting ring and dealing with his zany landlord jeremy 2.0. jeremy also rents out closet space for robots to live in. look forward to more whacky and emotional characters

Well that escalated quickly...

>So the only reason the robot fighting ring was illegal wasn't because it was inherently criminal, but because it wasn't properly registered?
I mean, think about it, it's two sentients, agreeing to beat the fuck out of each other.

What's inherently illegal about that?

do you think jeremy fucked corpse witch until the police arrived?

>This hamfisted ending to...what, 2 years of buildup?

Wasn't this webcomic a slice of life comedy once?

What the hell happened to it?

There's no way Bubbles has been around for two years, right? I'm scared to check.

I thought this was a comic about a guy fucking a tranny why is alan Rickman mad at princess bubblegum exactly?

It was stated way back when Faye was hired tgat it's only illegal because they didn't want to pay some hazard taxes.

Looks like QC doesn't stand for Quality Control.

I think a throwaway line in one of the strips said that it's only illegal because of state gambling laws, which means the most recent strip doesn't make any sense.

At least Jeph is showing everything off, at least.
Over in "Dumbing of Age", David Willis skipped an entire conversation between not-really-a-rape-victim Joyce and her friends (who have been tracking down her rapist-but-not-really) that could have explored her feelings about their actions and her own trauma and anxieties about the whole ordeal,

and just had her agree with their vigilantism.

People were gambling on the fights too, right? That's probably illegal.

Because there are never any consequences for anyone, unless you're a meanie

I've scoffed at lots of times on here when anons would say "this is the next stabbening" and "Jeph's about to lose it again" and shit, but this time, I really do think that a character/plot device this incredibly shitty and nonsensical and needlessly edgy may actually be a sign of Hacque's deteriorating mental health. I don't know what the fuck is going on with him, but for his sake I really just hope he has finally entirely given up on putting in anything resembling effort in his writing. Otherwise I could only guess this is the product of him beginning to become seriously unhinged.

Jeph Jacques is in favor of enhanced interrogation techniques.

Could someone Deus Ex bot and Corpse Witch in the style of those Guantanamo pictures?

You know, way back when Jeph introduced this plotline, I was actually excited. "Faye get a job doing repair work at an illegal underground robot fighting ring? That's a premise even Jeph can't fuck up!" I thought naively.

HOW THE FUCK DID WE END UP WITH THIS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT?

Phew. That was close. Almost had a story there for a second.

So to recap, the robot devil:

-Is more powerful than any AI humans have created
-Can affect both humans and other AIs easily in the real world
-Likes to kill and torture for amusement

It follows that:
-Humans and their direct creations are obsolete and underpowered in comparison
-Humanity is no longer truly in control of the earth or their own society
-Humanity is at the mercy of an evil, near-omnipotent AI

Jeph has, entirely through incompetence, created a horrifying dystopia out of his coffeeshop hipster comic in the space of two weeks. Bravo, stabby.

But oatmeal is good though.

Why do I do this to myself? Why do I keep coming back?

Yes. questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3003

It's been a long time.

I wouldn't mind if he went crazy and stabbed himself again
With such garbage he puts out he deserves it

Is the Oatmeal still a thing? I just realized it's been... years... since I visited.

Jesus
All this time and for what?

okay, fellow Gunnerkrigg friends.
Remember that joke edit someone made that's the extra long page of Annie's dad wrapping up every single plot thread?
Anyone got that on hand?