The Black Monday Murders

This is the first Hickman comic I've liked, what are the odds that it makes it to twelve issues?

It will probably hit 12 issues in 2020

well the plan is 12 issues for the whole series. issue five in april friendo

very good.

the only way a Hickman book ends prematurely is if its at Marvel or being drawn by Ryan Bodenheim.

could someone storytime?

idk east of west is pr good. i read tomorrow's issue and its a fun train robbery story

And I'm here just waiting to hear news about Manhattan Projects

RIP Manhattan Projects.

the thing about hickman comics is usually the first half to 2/3rd's are all setup, world-building and character development, and I can see how this turns off a lot of readers. He intentionally plays the long game so he can seed all the little pieces together into hype moments for the last 20 or so issues. Which is why I think Hickman works best in short runs i.e. 6-12 issues.

supposedly Sun Beyond the Stars 4 comes out the end of the month

I'm pretty sure I read (on here) that Hickman and Pitarra were getting tired of working together, but I don't know how true that is.

They've managed 4 MP issues in the last year, and except for a cover or two a month I don't know what else Pitarra is doing.

thats one of the reasons I really like East of West, because all the buildup leads to more buildup.

the final sun beyond the stars issue is out tho

tomorrow's issue really kicks shit into gear

came out a year ago actually where have ya been?

>I don't know what else Pitarra is doing.
He did an issue of TMNT Universe which I liked a lot

I think the plan was that MP was over and it was going to be a bunch of minis following the different characters after they separated. Based on the hardcover it looks like Hickman planned for 10 trades of material since each hardcover is two trades and they have the silhouettes for 5 bombs

oh my god.

I read that. and just googled to look up when the next issue was up and saw Feb 2016 and was like, yes, that is the current year. Its been a long day.

so yeaaaaa...RIP Manhattan Projects.

expect EoW delays as well thanks to Dragotta working on that notMs America book with Joe Casey.

so they need 4 more minis to put out

idk dragotta is working pretty consistently. I think he said something to the effect of east of west comes first

well thats good to hear.

has Hickman put out any updates on Feel Better Now or that other monthly book that he was going to be writing/drawing?

Yeah, him and Hickman work well together.

I'd have to dig through his twitter but I think he said FBN is dead either there or in an interview and that he might release the script or do it as a movie or novel.

The real problem is that the set-up is sometimes quite badly done and that the build-up sometimes plays into nothing. Hickman's Avengers run was an incredible luxury in the current age of comics and it was mostly a Lost-tier mystery-upon-mystery incline into shit. East of West seems to be going the same route, as did the Manhattan Projects. Both of the latter have a problem with character voices too - they get by on their theme.

Now like OP I actually really do like the Black Monday Murders. I think it spins the worldbuilding with a story and characters who do have good voices from the off. I also liked Hickman's FF.

I'd argue EoW has distinct characters but yeah Avengers and MP I feel like started strong and slowly became garbage over time

Pitarra was always the main draw of MP for me. I love all the Quitely/Darrow inspired guys from the last few years

I bought the first four issues of this book last week and still haven't opened them, is it good
I know almost nothing

Try reading it?