Why do people hate this book Sup Forums? I get why people kind of find it confusing...

Why do people hate this book Sup Forums? I get why people kind of find it confusing, but I'm hard pressed to find a bigger celebration of the absurdity and endearing qualities of comics and DC'S legacy than Final Crisis.

I don't think final crisis gets that much hate. the lead up books and countdown were pretty terrible though. That might have something to do with it.

I just hate events in general. The Morrison-isms themselves I have no problem with, but it still falls victim to having to deal with all these different plot threads and characters with not nearly enough room to do so.

I find the art really bland, I can't get into the rest of it

Because it focused on a lot of shit that dodnt matter like some dumb japs and shoehorned in a villain in the last few pages

It's impossible to figure out without reading a ton of side books in parallel.

There are only a few pages I find memorable.
It's rather bland book. Nothing really happens.

>the absurdity and endearing qualities of comics
This lack of understanding about what "comics" are indicates that you are a newbie to comics.

There's nothing wrong with being a newbie, of course. Everybody started as a newbie once. But once you broaden your horizons and gain some perspective, you'll see that this comic celebrates only one little corner of comics, not the whole medium.

this, its a fucking medium

Everyone hates Coutndown but nobody hates Final Crisis. The problem was that the lead-up was so bad. Little plot points in Final Crisis (Death of the New Gods, Evil Mary Marvel) got their own books and ruined the Final Crisis reveal.

The point of evil Mary Marvel was that the Anti-Life could corrupt anyone, even someone as pure as Mary Marvel. By making her evil in Countdown it not only ruined the reveal in Final Crisis but made the reveal pointless.

>Why do people hate this book Sup Forums

They're plebs

The only side book you need to read is Superman Beyond 3D, which you should read anyway because it's great.

>Everyone hates Coutndown
>nobody hates Final Crisis.
Shut up, nerd. Your opinions are your own. Don't claim to speak for everybody else.

Ok, my bad.

Everyone who''s not a faggot like hates Countdown.

I didn't hate it but, as the case with many Morrison books, it felt really rushed and a clusterfuck towards the end, about after Batman's """"death""""

>"This time the bad guys win..."

But in the end they didn't, so the tagline was wrong, the impact was temporary, the edgelordyness of the story was undone by that lack of real consequences, and in the end Superman (of course) saves the day with ...
SPOILER: the magic future wish machine! .
What. The. Fuck.
They even got Desaad out of Mary Marvel's body so she could be a little goodie-goodie virgin again.
What was all that even supposed to be?
What was the point?
What was the moral?
What was the message?

Remember the Nu52 after Flashpoint? Originally that was supposed to happen after "Final Crisis". Hence the name "Final" as this was going to be the last story for the post-crisis universe.

>Superman (of course)

Would you rather it was Batman?

Plebs hate what they don't understand. That's why people tend to flock to the old "waah too many references!" complaint about Morrison's writing, missing the point that those aren't the core appeal of the book, but the seasoning.

>What was all that even supposed to be?
>What was the point?
>What was the moral?
>What was the message?

There will always be a happy ending, even in our darkest hour there is hope. It's meta-message about superhero comics and optimism. Superman will always save us.

I would rather they not pretend that the entire universe will save the day in their finest hour, when as it turns out the actions of every non-Batman non-Superman character are meaningless.

>muh plebs
Protip: Reading mega-event crossover comics by A-list creators starring A-list characters doesn't make you non-pleb.

>when as it turns out the actions of every non-Batman non-Superman character are meaningless.

But it's not. The Tattooed Man ends up giving them the New Gods sigil that releases people from the Anti-Life, Super Young Team helps the last bastion of humanity to survive, Batman deadly wounds Darkseid with a Radion bullet, Flash lures the Black Racer to exorcises Darkseid from a physical body and Superman eviscerates his lingering spirit by music, Montoya gathers the Superman from the Multiverse and the Green Lanterns Corps ultiamtely help Supermen to kill Mandrakk, etc.

All of that is meaningless. The only events that matter are that Batman kills Darkseid and Superman pushes the reset button.

If every other character had failed, the outcome would have been the same. Time would reset and their failures would be undone, because it never mattered whether they succeeded or failed. Only Batman and Superman mattered.

It was all completely meaningless.
After all, the only conceivable moral to this story is "Superman will save you."
That's bullshit.
I hope there's a hypercrisis retcon to this.

Untrue, if Darkseid for example wasn't trapped inside Turpin, he could have transferred his consciousness into any of the billions of people he was controlling through Anti-Life, he couldn't have been defeated.

>That's bullshit.

No, that's just sadly cynical of you.

I hope not.

I really like it OP. But I didn't read it as it was coming out as I wasn't reading cape comics at the time. I only picked it up later when I got back into capes, so I didn't read any of the connected stuff other than Superman Beyond.

But I personally love the sincerity of it. I love the whole idea of Darseid's villainy corrupting the Monitors; it makes his role in Crisis on Infinite Earths really cool too. And I actually enjoy the deus ex machina because we're literally dealing with gods in Final Crisis.

It was a Christian/Ragnarok history.

To me, it was very good. But "if you want to understand this book, you have to know all of the meaning of these characters, and you must know about those golden/silver age/Kirby storylines!" things bugged me.

I can understand that, but at the same time that's what makes it so good.
The story worked in all those little nods to DC's history without taking away from the story at all, and adding to it in most cases.

Final Crisis is the gift that keeps on giving.
My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw Cave Carson.

It was a little Morrison self indulgent at times and seemed to go nowhere.

BUT

There were some good parts, there were a lot of Hypercrisis goodies and we got one of the greatest Superman Stories out of it thru Morrison in Final Crisis:Superman Beyond

>he didn't read Superman Beyond 3D

Don't make it a separate comic if you want it as part of the main story, Grant.

Actually, Grant, don't release your comics in single issues if they're meant to be read as one collection (including corrections for everything you changed your mind about).

This wasn't even a crisis at all (except the Superman Beyond issues).

Events are supposed to be accessible since it takes over the entire continuity and pulls in all the books with it. When you throw down an event that basically has Morrison's entire DC work as required reading and jams in as much storylines as possible, you're going to have a hard time winning people over.

Even Morrison admits it was hard for others to get (placing the blame on himself rather than the readers).

It was a really bad idea to put the final villain in a tie-in mini.

Flash also leads black racer to Darkseid.

>He hasn't read the new edition.

You forgot Wonder Woman needing to bind Darkseid with the lasso of truth.

Darkseid took a LOT of fucking killing before he finally went down.

>Anything that intentionally breaks the traditional 3 act structure is bad
Man, 2001 A Space Oddessy is such a fucking bad film am I right? How can I enjoy something if the formula it's being told in isn't literally the same exact shit I've seen a hundred times before?

Absolute Final Crisis is one of my favorite possessions, and the whole story is great

2001 tells its own complete story, you don't have homework to do beforehand in order to "get" it.

Can't say the same thing about Final Crisis.