Other urls found in this thread:

collativelearning.com/Products.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally who

>old wh*te youtuber

wow so btfo

>they didn't do stuff from the book

Instantly closed

You know, I like Rob Ager. I really, really try to. His The Thing sequel script was great.

>"I don't like Gosling as an actor"
>"he was the ONLY good thing in it"

>"It's NOT a visual master piece"
>"it looked very smooth and dull"

>"Ai artifical intelligence was way smarter and had better imagery" (in concept art)

>"my friends have said it's terrible too"

>Bitches about how everything has been done before
>Is upset that it didn't do shit from the novel
???

>"I could have wrote a better script in a week"

>"a shallow cash-in movie"
>"I've lost a lot of my respect for the director of the film"

Jesus Christ Rob.

tdlr; hes one of those "the book was better" guy

Is this the "all modern movies are shit" guy? Not wasting my time.

Yeah I used to be a big fan of his back in the day, even got his analysis DVD's

But hoooly fuck has he gone off the rails recently. He's become one of those "millennials are ruining everything" guys.

I raised an eyebrow when he said a clockwork orange was about realizing the EU was the resurgence of Nazi pathology out of nowhere in his analysis of the movie. But now a lot of his shit is just getting more and more insufferable.

It looks dull and flat? Armond would shake his head at how contrarian that is.

It's kind of ironic that the guy who preaches "the new stuff is shit the old stuff is better" has the same going on with his own content.

He definetly has talent, but his business model is ancient (buying dvds that he ships to you phisically kek) and some of his videos are a bit too tinfoily and clear overanalyzing. If you can separate that though, he's got some great insights.

The vast majority of his complaints are about what the movie could have done, not what it actually did.
>but his business model is ancient (buying dvds that he ships to you phisically kek)
Does he still do that? I thought you just watch it online or something now.

some good points

>Rob Ager

?
not giving a view anyway

>British
>nope

Hmm looks like he got some digital downloads going.
His website still looks like an early 2000s conspiracy theory blog though
collativelearning.com/Products.html

>i didn't care for the plot

jesus who cares

ppl who watch his content for movie insight i guess?

>it probably didn't appeal to women because it was slow as fuck, it was boring, and the script didn't go anywhere
>there's a hard bitch who goes around the movie karate kicking and killing everyone. she was quite sexy, actually
/ourguy/

I kinda feel like he's manipulating his audience when he does this shit.

Take some new movie or filmmaker they like (and bug him about in comments/emails) and pull some alpha dissing moves, to reassert his authority in their minds and make them feel like they're misapplying the lessons he's taught them. A classic negging move, creating a desire for approval in the target.

He's talked about neurolinguistic programming in the past and I get a sense he uses it himself. For a guy that can draw a full blown thesis out of a small moment in a Kubrick movie he can get awfully obtuse about quite obvious "encoding" in modern shit like Inception (the movie making themes). Even if he disagrees with the message or quality of the techniques used, denying their existence seems like he has an unspoken agenda at work.

The AI vs BR2049 thing sounds like pure butthurt though.

Based Roburg Air