Bruce Wayne immediately quits being Batman after the end of TDK and becomes a limping recluse that stays cooped up in...

>Bruce Wayne immediately quits being Batman after the end of TDK and becomes a limping recluse that stays cooped up in his house for eight years.

What the fuck was Nolan thinking with this plot direction? What kind of idiot would write a Batman that gives up on being Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YMCiqpG3PxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Someone who is writing a story for people other than 35 year old shut in comic book grognards

muh bruce wayne
muh batman

B-but it's realistic, user!

Can we just admit the only good writing in TDKR was the opening scene?

Can you just shut the fuck up?

He defeated organized crime in Gotham, for the time being at least. Batman is only Batman when he has to be.

Hothead

Batman cares about far more than Gotham.

i mean, the whole fucking movie was garbage so this is kind of a moot point but yeah, this was a pretty dumb decision from a writing standpoint especially considering the final lines of dialogue from the previous movie

Just admit that you have never seen the movie.

As a shut-in I quite enjoy movies that portray them sympathetically, especially mainstream ones like this

Pay attention to the movie and you might have noticed that his only love in life, a girl who he loved from the time he lost his parents, the only effective family that he had besides Alfred, was murdered in cold blood, and his actions were not able to stop that from happening. He blames himself.

I dont even like them that much, but try watching the fucking movies

Like they could have had him evading the cops but instead they dodged around that plot point with "Nope I quit."

But I'd be lying. C'mon man you're not actually trying to defend a movie where LITERALLY ALL BUT 3 OF A CITIES POLICE FORCE GET TRAPPED UNDERGROUND

He was thinking:

>FUCK! LEDGER DIED!

>the final lines of dialogue from the previous movie
You mean when they decided to pin a bunch of murders on Batman so they could label him a fugitive and cover up Dent's crimes? Because that's the part that actually makes the most sense; Batman wouldn't exactly have been hanging out and fighting crime in a city that declared him a public enemy.

Christian bale is the best batman, debate me on this

nolan's films are always forgiven for their utter shit writing and I'll never understand why

You could ask that question about every single part of the movie. TDKR was an abortion which is part of why baneposting was able to become so big, because the rest of the movie didn't matter at all.

It kind of makes sense for this version of the character. Don't get me wrong, two of the movies in the trilogy are quite good, but they were never really Batman. Feels more like a "what if" story from the comics.

the reason why baneposting became big was because it was singlehandedly the most ridiculous thing we could have expected to see, leaked first and foremost and also happening to be the first 5 minutes of the film

also the shooting, that being the last moments of anyone's life

Also he didn't go into exile at the end of TDK, it was the failure of the clean fusion project that made him withdraw from everything.

He spent some time as fugitive Batman. It's why he's beat to shit.

This. There's so much awful shit in TDKR that normies just forgive because
>Muh Nolan

This movie is kind of baffling, to be honest. Not that I am disagreeing with you, it's dumb as shit, but this plot point isn't even in the top 10 most ridiculous aspects of this movie.

no one cares about your gay puppets

Ben Affleck gives a better impression of a batman - big and strong.

>Batman cares about far more than Gotham.

These movies weren't Cinematic Universeā„¢ trash, they were about Batman.

No, he's not.

thats me irl

>What kind of idiot would write a Batman that gives up on being Batman?
Frank Miller

But in that case it made sense

"Maybe Bruce has just been in training all this time and he's actually just pretending to be a cripple"
>Gets cane kicked out from under him and he awkwardly falls to the floor
"Oh... Guess I was giving Nolan too much credit."

>But in that case it made sense
He was getting old?

found the small guy

>Batman wouldn't exactly have been hanging out and fighting crime in a city that declared him a public enemy.
>oh no these meanies don't like me anymore, lol better just let the city fall into the same pit I tried to dig it out from I guess

These aren't Batman movies - they're Bruce Wayne movies.

In the entire trilogy, Bruce never actually *becomes* Batman; he's always in-training to become him, but he never quite gets there.

Only Nolan could write a Batman movie where Alfred abandons Bruce, Bruce quits, and faggy twink manlet like GJL assumes the mantle.

>on Sup Forums
>the place where globalist puppet masters put their propaganda on display
I just KNOW the irony falls on deaf ears so ill just laugh at you instead
>his goofy ass face being anything other than that
top lel
objectively wrong

What part of
>only good writing is the opening scene
don't you understand?
There are exactly zero (0) cops trapped underground in the opening scene.
The opening scene is shit too, as is most of The Dark Knight.

But the Dent Act had literally all but solved crime to a point Batman was no longer needed.

Until the League of Shadows decide to pay a visit and lucked onto the thing that would bring about the absolute downfall of the Dent Act.

Even at the end the conclusion was that Gotham still needed Batman, but it didn't have to be THAT Batman

Affleck does a better older Wayne than Bale could I think. Affleck made old Wayne look comfortable being Wayne whereas Bale's Wayne was barely a thin mask of a person since he was more interested in being Batman than a rich Playboy. But his Batman is worse than Bale's.

>uh oh, 100% of the criminals I encounter know I am a wanted murderer and vigilante!

You couldn't tell that was just Wayne committing to the act of being a cripple shut-in?

So he didn't quit because the city was being mean to him, he quit because he wasn't needed anymore.
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

>oh no these murderers and thieves think mean thoughts about me, better quit being Batman I guess lol

>objectively wrong

Brue is objectively the worst Bruce Wayne and Batman combined. Even the kid from Gotham whose name I don't even care to look up is a better Bruce Wayne than Bale.

1. Michael Keaton
2. Val Kilmer
3. George Clooney
4. Adam West
5. Gotham kid
6. Christian Bale

Voice actors don't count.

What the fuck was the point of playing up his bad knees if they were just going to to give him a magic leg brace literally two minutes later? Taking the fall for Dent and ridding Gotham of organized crime seems like a good enough reason for him to take the eight years off, especially considering that he's effortlessly able to fix the problem with as soon as he decides he wants to. All it does is make it that much more ridiculous that that he's able to escape the "Lazarus pit" later on. Obviously Bane an co. stripped him down at some point, as he's not wearing the fucking batsuit in jail. Did he just leave his knee braces on to be a good sport? And this comes directly after the movie demands that I accept the fact that paralysis can be cured with a karate chop. Christ, this movie is fucking frustratingly stupid. The worst part is, most of these problems are glaringly obvious and could be fixed easily without even doing any major structural changes to the script.

>adam west over anybody in that list

thanks for not only discrediting yourself, but proving my point.

christian bale greatest of all time batman confirmed

Denial much? He wasn't "committed to the act", he was literally the useless.

Would have been more intimidating if she kicked the cane and he just stood there. But no, that would've been too cool a moment.

Actually they were part of the Batman Cinematic Universe.

Why would Wayne reveal that he isn't crippled to Kyle? It isn't clear that he knows she is Catwoman yet. It's just some petty thief trying to steal some decoy jewelry Wayne has in a safe. He would want to let her take the necklace, track her down, and confront her as Batman. Just like he did.

4D chess, am I right my fellow magapedes?

He was in bad shape but nowhere near as crippled as he was making himself look to Selina

So was the doctor who tells him all the cartilage in his knee is gone a part of the act as well? We literally see him sitting in a doctor's office while the doctor gives him the diagnosis. There was literally no one else in the room. Who would he trying to deceive, the audience?

the 'dent act' is one of the most stupid things ever written

I know most people argue based on memory, but it wouldn't hurt to look up the scene before you make claims like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=YMCiqpG3PxM

He was leaning on the cane at a very deep angle. I defy you to find someone who would manage to stay standing after getting the cane kicked out from under them in those circumstances, even if they were in tip-top shape.

...the minute the doc leaves he throws on a mask and rappels down the damned hospital to drop in and visit Gordon secretly

Having no cartilage in your knee isn't crippling, it's just prone to really fucking hurting (because that means bones are rubbing together rather than having padding) and making recovery from action harder.

I agree, the scene where Commissioner Gordon was giving a speech was the only good scene.

Oh I'm sorry, were you referring to another scene? That's what happens when you don't watch movies and only come to Sup Forums for the memes.

I think he is the best batman but the Nolan movies other than batman begins were absolute shit

I can understand hating Rises but I cannot even begin to understand why someone would dislike The Dark Knight.

Too many dumb scenes dude. heath ledger played an interesting joker but even he couldn't save the terrible writing in that movie

Christian Bale gave us throat cancer Batman

Batman absolutely should disguise his voice instead of just talking normally. And anyway, it was actually only one of the movies where he did a particularly weird voice, it was better in the other two.

i once read a batman comic where he wasnt really batman but an amnesiac wearing a costume for erotic rp'ing with his wife and at the end the suit came off and he was all fat and busted

i dont know how this is relevant though

I always hated the way Nolan paced and structured his Batman universe. Bruce's whole decade-long tenure as Batman (not counting the years before that he spent abroad and training) felt like a few big brief happenings separated by years.

>Nolan: Hey, I want to make Inception, gibs 150 million
>WB: If you make Batman 3
>Nolan: Done
>WB: Now, what's your pitch for Batman 3, the film you didn't want to make?
>Nolan: Well, I've always wanted to do a Howard Hughes biopic...

Begins 9/10
TDK 7/10
TDKR 2/10

>muh batman

>muh non-response

Why would Nolan not have wanted to make a third Batman movie? The way TDK ended was begging for a sequel.

Realistically, that's how it would be. You're not going to get someone like the Joker constantly like what happens in the comics. Criminal masterminds only come along every once in a blue moon.

Because Heat Legend died

Mm.

>Bruce stopped being Batman because pic related died
Why??

That's Ben Quadinaros from Star Wars. It's a shame his podracer exploded because in Episode I Racer it is insanely fast.

>What kind of idiot would write a Batman that gives up on being Batman?
that was always nolan's batman's position. his whole mission in tdk is to replace the unlawful batman with a lawful district attorney who will do the right thing and not become corrupted, because bruce wants to quit being batman and start a life with rachael

nolan never understood the batman character. or he did but decided to do something different

But the thing is that he lost Rachel in TDK so with her no longer being his excuse to quit, why would he still quit being Batman?

Your reaction image suits you.

well he frames himself (i.e. batman) for dent's crimes, and the police then have to take an anti-batman stance (gordon smashing the batsignal in front of the media), and "the mob" was destroyed by the end of tdk. so with no mob around, and batman wanted by the police, he retires the batman character and i guess falls into depression over rachael

the movies are badly written

rant all you want you fucking moron but he's the most realistic and the perfect batman.

fatfleck is just an insect compared to batbale.

well, he's well-loved by the fans unlike fatfleck. you can't change that fact.

he's a legend. 90% of the fans will agree. So shut the fuck up

Supporting characters want Cobb to quit the dream stuff and the magicians to stop pursuing a way to outdo the rival and also the daughter doesn't want Mcconaughey to travel.
It is always about going too far.
You think they won't be able to come back.

Then they do, but Nolan winks and says "did he, though?"

>2 second death scene is a problem

tdkr was a bad movie period

bale was a great wayne but not a good batman

She should have thrown in a "bleh" or a "blargh".

What about this is mature, as it were, my good man?

She should have yelled SHIMATTA as the cockpit of the truck exploded and her face turned into sketchy lines as the screen went white.

>It's a retards and marvelcucks (but I repeat myself) spam MUH NOLAN TRILOGY SUX HURRR because they can't accept that the movies are great.
>Again.

what the fuck are you saying? his bruce and batman are BOTH perfect. so is the trilogy. dceu will never surpass this, ever.

Batman is Marvel you fucking moron.

>Marvelcucks are so retarded-LITERALLY so retarded-that they think just saying that intellectual properties, that are much better than their quip filled flicks, belong to them.

*spits on you*

He knew he was just making Gotham worse, it's entirely too realistic.

You already did that in your screaming because of your constant drooling like a retard, pathetic little marvelcuck.

I seriously didn't see anything wrong with the plane scene the first two times I saw this film. Then I came to Sup Forums

His suit is just padded a ton, he isn't significantly bigger than Bale

He's a much better Bruce Wayne than everyone except for maybe Keaton

fuck me I hate TPM

nigga looks like one of floops fooglies

oh shit pwnd

If you think Dark Knight Rises is a good movie, you might want to get your head checked. Its fucking awful.

Get YOUR head checked, it's burning up!

No, get your DUMB head checked how about that hothead!

you mean fat and a murderer?

bale has a better body if you watch the trilogy

RT says otherwise. MAJORITY of the batman fans thought it was great