Action Comics #973 Storytime

Prime time?

It's not Prime Time, but we DO have a special guest...

Folks might want to read Superwoman's first arc before this...

Nice to see elements from the Lois and Clark mini start to bleed in.

Oh shi-

I like the look of those HB trades

this is my favorite in the line

God fucking damnit Clark...

Based big belly burger

Interdasting...

Thanks for reading.

Support the official release!

I'm sorry, but who does he have locked away here? Also, is that a bat-robot?

JLA:

From the Lois and Clark miniseries, prior to him officially replacing Nu52 Supes.

Blanque is a super psychic that can easily and quickly cause mass destruction, as well as control others.

GET READY FOR KEK

Does that seem eerily Supermany thing to do? "Ooops, Clark Kent is such a klutz he just fell and nudged you out of a way of a bullet!"

Is he the only one we know of? There's some kind of fluffy monster guy, some chick and others in there too.

Just one of those "I don't know if they've never explained it or I just missed that issue" things.

Just six tons of rock to block the opening of the Fortress of Solitude? That's kinda weak for Superman security.

now I'm wondering what a Drizzle Doodle is, I bet it's delicious

oh good, I thought Clark was gonna be Hank Henshaw as Cyborg Superman reprogrammed. At least this gets rid of that. Thought of that at the end of the last-arc. Glad this disproves it though.

>possibly incoming PRIME TIME
>now the other half of Cyborg Superman has appeared

Interesting. Good issue.

Yeah, this Clark is straight up silverage but for some reason he also has the same favorite foods as Post-Crisis.

Plus him disappearing like that, I dunno, fortress said he was 100% human, and Hank just showed up, we know he's going to become Cyborg Superman again.

So if he's human he can't be Prime, but if he's being goofy he can't be PC Anti-Matter Ultraman either.

You know what though, this story is extremely similar to Reign of The Supermen.

We've finally got Steel, Hank, Eradicator showed up earlier, now all we're missing is Kon-El.

Clark being Kon would explain the foods and the creepy way he hits on Lois, his personality is very similar.

>kid dream diet
>exactly like Clark, but creepy
It can't be Prime, they're laying it on too thick.

Didn't she visit the Fortress in Superman Rebirth?

Oh man, well spotted. Well spotted indeed.

Ah, so those tweets from this title's artist were all about Lois' date with this Clark then.

Bring back Kool-el

Uh, should I read this after this week's Superwoman?

that was superbros fortress. Pre-flashpoint superman made his own tiny one after getting stuck in the n52 timeline.

Lois about to get PRIMED.

cute jurgen

no, Superwoman has been trash

who the fuck is cotton

>just flat out talk about their illegal activities
>laughing about it

what the hell jurgens

but this is Jurgens. It could be exactly just that.

why is it just Belly Burger and not Big Belly Burger

spooky

editor

Saying that the belly is big is fat shaming.

but i like em big

It's going to be Superbro's Fortress ain't it?

It probably is him, last time Lois interviewed all the fake Supermen in order to see if they were the real Clark, and Kon did look exactly like Clark when he was younger.

So this whole thing seems to just be a Rebirth/52 retelling of Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen.

At the end of Reign it turned out Superman wasn't dead, but this time we saw Superman turn into ash.

However Eradicator in the original comic was occupying Supermans corpse, he was just an energy being and took his dead body.

Later it turns out that Superman was in a Super Coma and Eradicator taking his corpse was never explained.

This image is him waking from the coffin beneath the Superman statue.

So either Clark is Kon which now seems likely as he was half human anyway and could just have his Kryptonian half suppressed or we could have another Eradicator situation on our hands since Jonathan is currently Superboy.

Hank and Prime time. Sooooo good.

lolwut
I didn't expect the spoopy turn

Wait, Hank Henshaw is back?
The active cyborg-superman is Supergirl's dad, Zor-El in her ongoing, as established by the previous retconned continuity.

The idea of Hank and Prime has me kind of excited.

Hank is back in this issue, I assume you read it?

In the other Superman book where he saved Lex, a character looked into his future and we saw Hank Cyborg Superman.

Zor-El was in the new Supergirl recently, got his shit pushed in pretty bad, also that book is pretty bad, it's heavily taking from the TV show messing up comic continuity.

Yeah....I keep forgetting that Rebirth hints on using multiple versions of the same character...badly.

it's weirdly set up, it looks like it's trying to go back to PC or get to it as close as possible, which is fine with me as most if not all of the 52 versions are far worse than the originals.

Nothing near PC Comet The Superhorse but some of them are pretty close.

>hints
the thing opened on lmao 3 jokez

>Steve hoverboarding

Eradicator got defeated in the first arc of Superman though. He won't play a role here.

I didn't mean Eradicator showing up later, I meant the red herring of him occupying the corpse of Superman.

I almost forgot how much of a klutz clarks supposed to be

"The little kid dream diet"

Prime Time is trying to brake free

can't be Prime if he's human and his origin doesn't add up.

Oh, this is definitely Prime

Prime punched himself a new origin then punched himself human

I don't think Prime ever displayed reality warping powers other than the time he freed himself and Kal-L from the bubble universe.

Speaking of which, this Clark is much closer to Kal-L than Prime.

People who keep saying he's prime are just following the crowd and probably haven't read any actual prime stories. Nothing about this guy suggests he is prime

On the other hand, him going "LOIS YOU CAN'T REFUSE A DATE WITH ME" is pure Prime. From living with Pre-Crisis Clark and Lois, from watching Post-Crisis Clark and Lois, and from reading the comics on Earth-Prime, he knows Lois and Clark are supposed to be together.

He feels entitled to it, and he can't conceive the idea of being turned away by her.

no it's closer to Kon-El than Prime, Kon was always a wash-out with the ladies and would always ask them out in really creepy ways.

Prime was a dork who was all muh continuity while Kon actually wanted to emulate Superman as much as possible.

Prime has never shown interest in Lois before and Kon was half human, this would be a nightmare for Kon, being the two things he hates, human and lame.

He did have the hots for Lois in Reign of The Supermen.

Mags! Where's Kate? I know they aren't together anymore but I miss them so

I'm not saying it's 100% sure that it's Prime, the test that found him to be human is certainly an issue.

Prime also wanted to replace Superman, and spent an eternity living with and watching older versions of himself living a life he wanted.

He was also still a teenage, psychologically speaking, so the food and the awkwardness with women would also fit. It's kind of messy, but he only appeared to be an adult after absorbing too much energy. Admittedly, he was back at looking like a kid at the end of Teen Titans before Flashpoint, so him being seemingly an adult here is another problem.

Just don't discard Prime as a possibility yet. That cover with the bloody Superman symbol is one hell of a hint... or a red herring.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say we got Saturn Girl lurking around why no other LSH. Could fake Clark be someone from the future sent back to help a Durlan perhaps maybe Reep Daggle. It explains why he knows everything about Clark hes from the future and as far as the scan I'm sure brainy could rig something up to fool our technology. Him and Saturn Girl could be sent back to resort Clark's identity.

only thing that doesn't fit any theory is in the beginning issues he had thought boxes were he thought he was Clark. Which makes me think Him Superbro and Superdad are all the same person and somehow split and will be recombined to make a whole Superman that fits in this earth.

Read a most interesting spoiler about Superwoman, won't say it here, but it really gets me giddy for Reborn next month now

Throw a spoiler tag on it and say it

The thing is that this is Jurgens and he wrote Death of Superman and most of Reign of The Superman, these are for all intents and purposes his characters and it appears that this arc is really just a way for him to get his versions back into continuity.

First thing he did in Rebirth was bring in his version of Doomsday, now we have his creation Cyborg Superman showing up here.

Johns created Prime, Jurgens didn't create Kon but essentially established him as a character in Reign as well as Steel.

Superman Rebirth has been paralleling those books, more closely now than before but it's more or less the same story.

Taking that into account it makes less and less sense for Prime to show up here.

couldn't he be that fire guy who Superbro died fighting didn't he think he was Clark?

That guy is dead, there's also another Superman in China that isn't Kon Kenan that hasn't been touched on at all or even sort of explained.

He broke out of a containment facility just before Superman 52 died and we see what appears to be him later in prison but we still don't know who or wtf he is.

>That guy is dead

Yeah like being dead in a comic book has stopped anyone beforre

I've been noticing paralels with Reign of the Supermen since right after Superbro died, but with Superdad, SuperLex, SuperLois/SuperLana, SuperKenan and Mystery Clark.

And yeah, there's Steel and now Hank Henshaw.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's been a retelling of Reign for a while now, just not exactly with the same players.

Ben Reilly never came back and he turned to ash just like Superman 52, although we didn't see orange guys body he just sort of exploded.

I suppose it could be him, but he didn't look like Clark.

Right, however the super women have been more or less completely irrelevant up until now and Supergirl has had absolutely 0 input on her cousin dying or with any attempt to meet his replacement which is really weird.

Didn't Superman 52 leave her with a dying message for her to carry on his legacy or something like that?

Prime was human on his Earth after Legion of 3 Worlds. He paradoxed punched himself. What is literally true. Prime punched an alternate future version of himself and got spit out onto Earth where his parents found out he was a bad guy in a comic and they grounded him.

I shit you not.

And it was glorious.

He then goes and starts trolling DC forums.

and then he got a Black ring and somehow turned it into the Phantom Ring before the Phantom Ring was a thing, and it was never addressed anywhere else ever.

It was weird.

He had powers on that world though, Black Lanterns came after him after he tried to kill the staff at DC.

Get PRIMED!

>Ben Reilly never came back and he turned to ash

Clearly you have read the new spider-man event hes back

JIMMY!

My theory is that he's superboy all grown up somehow...

Didn't Marvel just reboot itself?

Well that only took 20 years, I hope they don't fucking ruin him, he's been dead the longest and his death really meant something.