What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

awn.com/news/disney-s-nikki-reed-joins-hub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not only did they try to make a new channel on a dying medium, they also made it a premium channel you had to pay extra for.

I really liked it, though.

It was a paid channel. Nobody watches TV let alone pays for it. TV was dead since 2009.

Removed Batman Beyond from their line up.

Weird ass channel number, only available in most premium cable packages.

I used to work for Comcast.

CN is part of Starter, literally 90% of all subscribers get that. Only the poorest of the poor, or fiscally stingy go below that to Basic; which literally has 30 to 40 channels depending on the market. Everyone else can get CN no problem.

You wanted Hub?

Guess what? You are now paying for the Premium tier, it wasn't even in Preferred. Premium on its own (no internet or phone) is about 120 dollars. You get a triple-play that is subsidized via a contract for two years, with just one cable box included? You are still going to pay 140 before taxes.

You willing to do that for Dan fucking Versus? Nah. Nah, you ain't.

bronies

bronies are fine.

barneyfag is the really annoying and autistic one here.

He said what went wrong, not what went right
^:)

Idk, I got Hub and I'm poor, I still have Discovery Family

For the record, that wasn't a voluntary thing.

You can't just pluck channel numbers out of thin air. Every network (and their subsidiaries) has the lower numbers completely locked down. So it isn't like you can go up to Fox and say, "Hey -- we'd really like to buy up the FX channel slot from you in the West Coast markets." They'd laugh your ass out of the building. The only channels are left are the higher numbered ones. And you better have a fucking good niche or else that shit is going to fail, and fail hard. Not even OWN is part of the lower cable tiers.

i don't really mind them, hell, i used to be one
looking back on it, though, it must've been embarrassing on the network's part to have an unintended audience of grown ass men and some women for their show aimed towards younger girls
and more than a few of them were legitimately autistic, you can see the discomfort in the VAs in some of those convention panels
and barneyfag is definitely more autistic, i don't know what those horses did to him

In any case, what really need to happen is Netflix needs to stop hemorrhaging money on these no-name cartoon, and 3D Anime shows. Like, fucking wow, what a terrible idea.

Cut all that shit and focus on a few quality shows. They know how to make good cartoons already. It's just a matter of getting the right people together.

Grab Weisman, grab Genndy, grab McCracken, grab Dan Mandel, grab Silverstein & Jeser.

These people are all still alive and either not doing anything or not committed to shit that they couldn't just drop in a hot minute. They are also all known qualities with value.

Put up, "From the Creators of Drawn Together" or "From the Creator of Samurai Jack" and you will get people to watch that shit on Netflix.

What they won't watch is that weirdass Sinbad shit.

>it must've been embarrassing on the network's part

Are you kidding me? Hasbro loves bronies...it means more money for them, prior to bronies Transformers was their major only hub of adult autists, now they have two

>it must've been embarrassing on the network's part to have an unintended audience of grown ass men and some women for their show aimed towards younger girls

was more embarrassing when they started pandering to them.

I never even watched the show outside of like one episode to see what the big deal was (literally nothing you couldn't see on any kids' show), and I still encountered it in real life through a radio ad with a woman awkwardly announcing the special upcoming wedding episode or whatever.

I have no idea when seemingly everyone stopped being a fan of it, but it's pretty refreshing now to hear it mentioned and then realize I haven't had to hear about it in months.

>I have no idea when seemingly everyone stopped being a fan of it, but it's pretty refreshing now to hear it mentioned and then realize I haven't had to hear about it in months.

Everyone didn't stop being a fan of it....I don't know if you know this, but some time ago now it became against the rules to post MLP stuff outside of the board /mlp/

slowpoke.jpg etc

They thought it was a good idea to make a new channel in a time when people were beginning to completely drop cable and satellite tv in favor of shit like Netflix on their computers.
Also it was a paid channel. No one is going to fucking pay for an extra channel these days lmfao

awn.com/news/disney-s-nikki-reed-joins-hub
>Our goal is to utilize my relationships with writers, producers and talent to grow The Hub’s existing slate of programming and enhance it with more live-action series.
>Reed has more than 15 years of experience developing feature films and television series, including live-action series geared towards kids, tweens and families on Disney Channel and Disney XD, as well as numerous platforms around the world. Among the series she developed at Disney are Jessie, Austin and Ally, Dog with a Blog, Lab Rats, and Crash and Bernstein.

The Discovery Channel getting it's claws on it and stuffing it full of crappy reality shows probably didn't help either.

No, I mean within the past couple years.

you can go on youtube and not see pony comments on every video. every artist or whatever isn't drawing pone. you no longer hear about the dumb controversies in the fandom or what the show's doing unless you actually watch it.

maybe it's also been like that for a while, but within the last 2 years at least it feels like it's really cut down in activity.

by "last couple years" I meant more specifically that everywhere on the internet it's not really as much of a thing anymore.

I guess /mlp/ has been around since 2011/2012 or so but I mean more recently than that

A H-H-HORSE!!

REPORTED

Oh, I still see pony avatars in nearly every youtube video I watch regardless of content, but yeah...I mean the show is nearly what....6 or 7 years old now? The initial hype has died down as it's not a new show anymore and the fandom isn't usually a trending subject anymore, the fandom is still alive but many of the bandwagon fans have left and nobody really cares about the fact that males watch a show with bright colors and girly characters anymore, it's no longer a controversial subject...which in reality it never should have been

what was it like working for the devil?

Honestly? The worst job I've ever had.

Sent me to the hospital three times due to stress causing my heart to hyperpalpate.

christ that's fucked.
I seriously hate Comcast. Mostly living in Philadelphia ruined it. God awful customer service (no offense), a borderline monopoly of the medium in the area (Verizon is just now finding a footing here) and the building is like the eye of Sauron watching over the city. I swear when I look at the sky line on a sunny day there is still a dark grey cloud circling the top of the comcast building like they're trying to make a weather control device. Some Real life cobra commander shit going on in there.

The Aquabats are great, but could have been even greater.

They need to go back to being an eight-member band and switch off to one of the better costumes.

Barney and Friends, that's what went wrong.

Not only that, but their autistic obsession over shitty toddlers' shows really makes you think about how we function as a society.

you're not alone. They also like to give contradicting prices on your bill.

Not really, I'm just the one trying to eliminate degeneracy, meanwhile, you people just sit back and try not to care. I'm actually trying to do something.

You'd accomplish much more than you ever have before if you just killed yourself.

As much as I support your cause, don't say it out loud, you'll get banned for that shit as well.

Also, one thing to note is that OP made this thread specifically to shill.
Notice the Unix timestamp in the filename.
Now if I trace back the image, it was posted in this thread.
Literally SIX posts between each other, not even a minute apart.
Really makes you think, huh?

Way to be an edgy cunt.

Barney's a shit show regardless.

Why the hell did Goosebumps get lumped in with this? Reading something terrible and making of fun of its faults is a tradition older than any of us and everyone we know.

You get the idea, Barney's a shit show.

But Barney is still just as shit.