I firmly, wholeheartedly believe that Band Geeks is objectively the best Spongebob episode ever

I firmly, wholeheartedly believe that Band Geeks is objectively the best Spongebob episode ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYCbqOeKQSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And I disagree with your belief though absolutely acknowledge the episode as one of Spongebob's greatest.

You're not wrong nigga

Pic related.

If it ain't this it ain't the best

Close but no cigar

I whole heartedly agree. But there are a lot of close runners. It's sorta amazing how early SpongeBob ages like fine wine. I somehow appreciate the humor more than when I was a kid.

That's not how you spell SB-129

It was my favorite as a kid, but now its def the one where they work on his ship. Shit is the funniest episode of the series imo.

>All of these are top tier, but I disagree that there is a "best" Spongebob. Some are just too good to make the comparison.

Throw in "Survival of the idiots" too

>post movie Spongebob
>Shit is the funniest episode of the series
never have opinions this shit again

>Sandy drags Spongebob to do some extreme stunts before she hibernates
> PANTERA STARTS BLARING OVER THE SPEAKERS
Good shit.

2002 was a great year in my childhood.

For me, it's Dying For Pie

I thought he meant the one whith Mr. Krabs' dad or grandpa or some shit at first too, but I think he's referring to Shanghai'd, which is top-tier.

Not him but, Fear of the Krabby Patty, Wishing Well, and Mermaid and Barnacle Boy VI all were in season 4 and had good amount of funny jokes especially the Fear of the Krabby Patty one.

>no Idiot Box
>no Grandma's Kisses

Both fine Spongekino

Taste is subjective, but if we were to ask the majority, I have little doubt it'd be considered the best episode.

Between this and the KND episode where they play fucking GWAR I have to wonder why kids cartoons stopped using metal music for gags and shit, it's fucking hilarious every time.

Are you fucking retarded

The first half on Snowball Effect is the best in the series. Hard to say what the best overall episode is.

fair enough, this is why specifics are good thing

>Fear of the Krabby Patty
>Wishing Well
>Mermaid and Barnacle Boy VI

was the Mermaid Man episode about them being movie stars, if that's the case then no
>"ECKS DEE DID SOMEBODY SAY BOOM LAW!?!?!?!?"

Wishing Well was meh

and Fear of a Krabby Patty is downright dogshit, not to mention, that fucking artstyle

check this post:

How is Fear of a Krabby Patty shit?

>Plankton being shoe-horned in cause plot demands it
>over-abundance of Spongebob screaming
>post-movie spongebob artstyle change

the only thing good bout it is the Professor P, Lankton raction face

forgot to add:
>reused plot point of GOAT Spongebob episode "Graveyard Shift"

Go away, Shad.

It really wasn't. People only rate it so high because of the ending. But there were plenty of episodes with better humor and storytelling even in Season 1.

"Pizza Delivery" is clearly the best

Just the sheer absurdity that the Krusty Krab would deliver pizza despite being a hamburger-centric restaurant is a concept unrivaled in its hilarity

Second place I would say goes to "Rock Bottom"

They literally get away with murder.

This is why it's my favourite episode.

>HANG ON SPONGEBOB IM COMIN' BACK FOR YOU
This still makes me laugh even like a decade later.

Make way for the best and comfiest episode

>Shoe horned
>When Plankton caused the plot to go out because he knew Krabs would try to out compete him.

>Implying it doesn't take the whole "The krusty krab is 24 hours" and deconstructs Krab's greed to show on how it takes a toll on his employees.

No one got murdered. The health inspector just choked and got unconscious.

You know greentexting a joke and adding XD doesn't explain why a joke is unfunny.

The real gem of season 4 was The Lost Mattress desu

>choice cuts

The ending was just icing on the cake my dude

But what about most underrated episode? Pic related was fantastic but nobody ever mentions it.

>implying we need to see a deconstruction of that trope, which has been done to death when that episode was released

it's still an unfunny joke, and not to mention it best shows how unfunny it is

>season 4
>having any gems

>Deconstruction of 24 hours with no substitutes
>Done to death
>Doesn't even bother to explain why it's unfunny simply because he says so.

Is premovie Spongebob honest to god the greatest, most consistent run of a cartoon ever?

I've been thinking about it a lot lately considering how heavily the show is referenced. What about it makes it so great? How did the crew do it?

Every one in this thread is wrong, this is the one true GOAT.

>Didn't waste time on exposition yet didn't make it completely nonsensical either
>Probably the experimental episode production-wise
>Adrenaline rush from Fly of Despair being kind of spooky
>Perfume department funny as fuck
>10/10 timing gags
>10/10 dialogue and subtle humor that mixed in with the over-the-top visuals and made every joke refreshing
>Didn't have a clear conclusion because it was just trying to be fun

>defending right after post-movie spongebob
>ever
kill yourself, and never talk about your shit tastes ever again

They made a good cast of characters and set them in a situation that made things hilarious on premise alone.

They just knew what they were doing. Hillenburg's vision was good.

After the movie, they had changed enough people around and kept it going after the planned ending, so they ran with the characters and took the traits that could be best (Spongebob's naiveness, Patrick's moments of idiocy, Sandy's being smart, Krabs being greedy, ect) and ran with those good parts until they became the only parts of the character they knew. Escalation in a bad way.

>Stop liking things I don't like

Favourite part has to be the Dutchman having to deal with Spongebob's and Patrick's incompetency in scaring Bikini Bottom citizens.

>"waah Mr Krabs is a meanie"
T. Mr. Enter

agreed

whatever you say, Mr Enter

Where the hell did I say I was complaining about Mr Krabs? And wow good job on stooping low to using projection there.

>Everyone must agree with my shitty opinion
you first

>projecting your asshurt to others
mature

Pic related is one of my favorites

I remember laughing my ass off at the "avalanche" when I first saw this episode, and "championship boxing" is still one of the show's best gags.

Where the hell did I say everyone must agree with me?

youtube.com/watch?v=cYCbqOeKQSo

Probably my favorite line in the show.

It's better when you get the Season 2 DVD set and have all three endings available.

>people perpetuating the "spongebob turned to shit RIGHT AFTER the movie" meme

you can not be this fucking stupid, shows don't just magically one day turn to shit, it's a slow burn you faggots

It's the best example of the western animation world tbqh fammily

I love how this episode walks the thin line between edgy and silly perfectly, definitely one of my favourites

Okay, definitely not the best episode overall, but probably the best special.
Yes, it's post-movie, shut the fuck up.
It's the closest Spongebob ever got to telling an actual coherent story (I know it's not the style of the show, but it still was nice to see something like that)

got any proof to back that claim up?