Story time

The unworthy Thor #4

Did they even expand on who Black Swan actually was or was the only explanation just that she was a Future Doom cocksucker?

She was just some Doom gal who betrayed him for a bit.

Not really, we also don't know why she's now Thanos' groupie

Praise Beta Ray Bro!

Didn't the final "foreshadowing" (more like glorified advertisement) of CW2 spoil that Odinson is getting both She-Thor's and Ultimate Thor's hammers?

>The Black Order
So she's officially part of Team Thanos now. Proxima and Black Swan are the only members of the Black Order now though, everyone else is dead.
I wonder if Proxima cares that Thanos made her husband kill himself.

Yup.
And Loki's going back to evil.
Fuckdamnit.

I doubt Aaron knew about that when he wrote this. Marvel doesn't seem to be good a letting other writers know everything happening in the books around them.

Did anything in Hickvengers suggest that Swan was Thor tier?

When did this happen? Before Jane's marriage I assume, but that would be weird since Jane forgot about Thor shortly after she found out that Donald Blake was him. This is the first confirmation we've had that they actually banged.

Hickvengers showed that Black Swan had a vague generic powerset (par for the course really), we never really saw her fight enough to establish her actual power levels.

She was beaten by Black Panther
Does that mean Panther can take on BRB?

Black Panther defeated Black Dwarf, and then Black Dwarf required Ronan, Gladiator, Super-Skrull and Annihilus to take him down. So yeah, he probably could with enough prep time, especially if the fight happens in Wakanda.

Panther magic is strong

>MURDER MURDER MURDER

Shut up Nick, this was all your fault anyway

Will next issue FINALLY reveal what the fuck the whisper said?

the end

>armlock

Don't we already know? It was "What if (whatever his name was) was right?" That one guy that tried to kill all the gods because he thought we didn't need em.

THERE YOU ARE YOU PIECE OF SHIT BASTARD WATCHER FURY

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY

WHAT DID YOU SAY

Gorr was right

>Collector running away from the goat

This is too silly.

Hey now, that goat is no joke. He's stronger than all the Pet Avengers combined.

ever heard of Show not Tell, oh Mighty Odinson?

>

>those hotpants

Now I remember why I still read this this comic

Black Dwarf also smashed Black Widow with full force and she didn't give a fuck, he just had an elemental weakness to women and minorities.

so the hooded figure is hela, which means someone seriously means us to believe Angela Queen of Hel is canon

nice try

I really like this book. Thanks OP.

>Hey heralds,

>My name is Beta Ray Bill, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are cosmic-powered, fanatical, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking for planets to feed Galactus. You are everything bad in the Cosmos. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any honor? I mean, I guess it's fun making planets full of people into food because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than getting fired by Galactus and bumming around the Universe to get beaten up by random Earthlings.

>Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot of the power cosmic. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the Korbian Guard, and starter of the Korbian Colonization Fleet. What sports do you play, other than "announce everybody on a planet is gonna get eaten"? I also got Stormbreaker, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just got resurrected; Shit was SO cash). You are all heralds who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

>Pic Related: It's me and my mare

Collector isnt a fighter...the Goat is.

>Son of Odin, an insult

Of fuck off will you

The close up to it's face actually made it seem like Gorr.

The only "canon" thing about it that matters is that Hela was dethroned. Feel free to ignore everything else.

> My Friend

is that a typo? Shouldnt it be, My Brother?

thats a pretty good page

Was Jane always this unlikable?

It's a modern anglo thing. It's the association of "child of" with "childhood". The implied immaturity of an adult being addressed as "x's son/daughter".

Lots of people don't think on that small-minded "I'm a grown-up, rar!" sort of scale, but I guess Jane Foster does.

>"Not my name!"

I have to say, I've never been in the rabid "whor" camp, but this thing right here pisses me the fuck off the more they try and push it.

Reminder that Jane is a deabeat mother.

Sorta implies he doesnt have a name for himself. It is sorta an insult. Son of Odin could be him or his brother

You mean, My Waifu

>Son of Odin could be him or his brother
He has more than one brother. And Loki is officially Laufeyson.

I will "REEEEEEEEE" every time they do it, I don't think it is fixable.

I can't help but love how comically edgy the black order is

That makes me angrier than anything else.

Shut the fuck up, Thor. Thanos has beaten your ass every single time you've fought. Ultron beats your ass every single time he fights you.

After all the work the much superior story had to establish Loki as a son of Odin , Jane really does need to go fuck herself

She got taken out by black panther in her first appearance, but she was fighting thors in battleworld.

The Marvel universe villain well has run fucking dry. Every attempt to bring in new antagonists has horribly failed. Superheroes have no one left to fight but themselves.

We need more villains and this is the only way. Unless you want to read books like Champions and Squirrel Girl for the rest of your days.

...really? That's all it takes to lose the hammer?

Different arm too, not sure what to think of that.

What makes one "Worthy"?

Where did the fucking dog come from and where did it go?

>What makes one "Worthy"?
Originally? Odin's opinion of you. He set the spell, he controlled the requirements.

Until he didn't.

Does he really need to be full blown villain though? Loki was far better in Agent of Asgard, it makes sense to me that he would play the part of the villain when he needs to as the God of Stories. Sometimes friend, sometimes foe.

God, I love Frazer Irving so much

Quads confirm.

Aaron is shit. He thinks he's building up to this great moment when Thor finally reclaims his hammer and that we'll all celebrate, but he's spent the last 3 years writing Thor as this utterly worthless nu-male beta bitch that it doesn't matter if he makes Thor "Thor" again. He's ruined the character with this overwrought "woe is me and my name"

Thori? I believe its the spawn of Loki's Hel-Wolf and Garm, he was Loki's pet from Journey into Mystery.

That was in a dream sequence, we have no idea if that was true or not.

Confirmation that Gorr is Hela right?

Black Panther can also go toe to toe with Namor

Soo...now they're going with the hammer always had the worthy enchantment instead of Odin placing it on the hammer in response to Thor being a dickwad?

>a particularly unpleasant showdown with... well, 'tis a story for another time

This right here. This probably has something to do with what Fury whispered. Thor probably fucked up without knowing and Fury told him that. Maybe something like "That guy you beat had cancer, five kids and a wife".

user, the hammer always had a worthiness enchantment. Young Thor struggling to become worthy of Mjolnir has been canon since 1960s Tales of Asgard. Odin's response to Thor being a dickwad was to make him live on Earth as a mortal for a while, that's it.
If anything, Aaron's retcons now show that the hammer itself is sentient and Odin could never really control it, which is why not even he can lift it now.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about his first encounter with Gorr.

But what about when Dr.Strange bonded Thor to the Hammer to fix it using the Odin Force?

>>a particularly unpleasant showdown with... well, 'tis a story for another time
I think this "showdown" refers to Hela, who conveniently happens to be right here in the Collector's museum for extra pottery, since now Hela was present for both times Thor became worthy of a hammer.

That's an Editor's job. So probably not.

I still can't get used to short-haired Thor. It looks so wrong.

I can't remember her really being anything and sticking her with the hammer just makes things worse because it makes even less sense. I've seen nothing chronicling her being given a purpose.

Would Fury even know who Gorr is though?

Current Fury is omniscient, I think

Well yeah, but that was a result of the end of Original Sin, he wasn't omniscient when he whispered whatever to Thor.

Good.

This book feels slow.

This doesn't look like an "unpleasant showdown" to me.

Why didn't we get this scene before Jane held that hammer?
Thor going stark raving mad with desperation and alcoholic anger would make the whole thing much easier to swallow.
Instead he feels brushed aside.

Wasn't she supposed to be an alternate reality Valeria or something?

Thori best dog

So Black Dwarf is named that because of his weakness to Black-type heroes? Black Knight, Black Bolt, and Black Goliath could run a town on him then. Wonder if Blackheart or Blackout could or if only good guys have that work.

>Look at your mother
You're only his adoptive mother lady

I really hope that next issue will be dual-wielding hammer and ax, because that combination is sweet.

Son of a woman(male)