IT'S AFRAID

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who wouldn't be afraid of the white man.

>humans are capable of space travel
>they attack the main planet of an enemy race with nothing but leg infantry
The future looks bleak.

Humans are destined to fuck the universe in the ass.

this always bugged me

>implying it wasn't just a pretext to purge the undesirables
Mobile Infantry were always the dregs that weren't suited for piloting.

>the cgi starship troopers movies

>tfw people don't understand the satire

hehe

>mobile infantry
>use no vehicles so they aren't mobile at all
?????

In the book the Mobile Infantry were equipped with mecha suits

not to mention mini-nukes

>user destroys the bug planet, when his superiors wanted to keep the ressources intact for mining.
Into the electric chair you go.

>tfw you will never drop from orbit.

What the fuck is this

a cutscene from the game

Delete it

read heinlein's starship troopers

the brain bug has mind control properties you gigantic dingus

Roughnecks. Loved it years age, I have it on DVD, rewatched it several times, but don't know how well it aged.

>make a drop from orbit
>actually stays in orbit forever because you don't have engines on your mecha to cancel your lateral velocity

Holy fuck that looks like such garbage.

>Kill off the majority of people most inclined to take up arms against the government
>Give survivors the right to vote, giving them vested interest in seeing the government succeed

What's so bleak about that?

>have access to entire galaxy
>giving a lone fuck about hostile bug planet
ZZZAP

Reminder that this movie was complete shit that was meant to be a slap in the face to Robert Heinlein.

Verhoeven was mad because of perceived fascist overtones and set out to parody that. only problem is that Verhoeven made it way too appealing, it's a fucking recruitment video FFS, guarantee you could get more people to join the armed forces watching the movie than reading the book

>perceived fascist overtones
Except the book is overtly reactionary and borderline fascistic. It's basically Plato's Republic set in the future and instead of having a philisopher king you are ruled by the military.

Which is pretty much what fascism is, a reactionary state combined with meritocratic ideals

The whole movie is about how going to the military makes you a literal and figurative cuck

The book made joining the military sound pretty cool.
Especially the parts when Rico was in basic.

And that is entirely accurate
>t. ex-paratrooper

Starship Troopers is the very definition of KINO.

Only in the modern age when you aren't fighting a war over ideology but instead random bullshit meant to protect the economic interests of billionaires and where women are strictly told by the advertisements funded by these same billionaires to act like hyper sluts and consumerists.

Being brave enough to defend your country =/= being brave enough to fight for oil

Have you ever served in an infantry unit son?

>Our suits give us better eyes, better ears, stronger backs (to carry heavier weapons and more ammo), better legs, more intelligence (''intelligence in the military meaning; a man in a suit can be just as stupid as any body else- only he had better not be, more firepower, greater endurance, less vulnerability.

>A suite isn't a space suit-although it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor-although the Knights of the Round Table were not armored as well as we are. It isn't a tank-but a single M.I private could take on a squadron of those things and knock them off unassisted if anybody was silly enough to put tanks against M.I. A suit is not a ship bit it can fly, a little-on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight against a man in a suit except by saturation bombing of the area he is in (like burning down a house to get one flea!). Contrariwise we can do many things that no ship-air submersible or space-can do.

>drop some crates from outer space
>they land within a few metres from each other

Pretty sure the bugs were hurling meteors at planets. Or was that propaganda?

>the Sup Forums faggot with a an iq of 102 thinks that the obvious satire is actually not satire but brilliant propaganda for his not at all easily parodied political ideology
>also is not a fascist, but thinks its amusing liburals would think that SST was fascist in overtones
>definitely not a fascist, but if he was, would you have a problem with that?
>Don't you like your State and want to serve the State and die for the State and have the State start deadly conflicts in your name and send you to die in them citizen?
>would you like to know more?

>what are computers

you okay brah?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

They were. Didn't you see what happened to Buenos Aires?

It was an inside job.

>Didn't you see what happened to Buenos Aires?

I only listened to the audiobook and that was years ago, but is that an actual copy-paste quote from the book? That formatting is garbage.

lol going into service with your GF, not dumping her then finding someone better after.

>making light of a tragedy
i feel sorry for you citizens

Yes it's direct from the book.

Rico DID find someone better, but she was killed. Just as his ex found a better man but the brain bug killed him.

satire

IT'S AN UGLY PLANET
A BUG PLANET

Aunt Diane here i cuuuuuuuuuuuum

Lady Sonia's not a bad choice, shame there's no Mistress Red

Fact. But it's also pretty good sci-fi.

That said, I love the cornball PV movie. Just like I love all his other cornball movies.

Absolutely. It's still required reading in some military academies.

Yeah, the two of them at the end was a rare pairing of two settlers.

it was amazing back in the day

It really was, up there with Beast Wars imo.

I liked Halo 2, don't get the hate for it in the least

thought 3 was really gimmicky and gay though

ROLL

so much plastic surgery
but rolling

IM FROM BUENOS AIRES

Sitting in a Antbed for hours because you fucked up when you got the "drop and stay" order sounds like shit to me user.
Mecha suits were cool though.

why do they all have such tiny nips

can you spot the bolt-ons in this picture?

Did the humans get just as relentlessly slaughtered in the book like they did in the movie?

Every time I see a Starship Troopers thread Klendathu Drop theme starts playing in my head.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

>movie supposedly about fascism
>the government in the movie does what every other government does except for one scene in school

Yes but mostly during their training.

BUENOS AIRES WAS INSIDE JOB
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

>it was just a prank bros don't shoot me in the fac

this lol

libtards never realize that most people actually instinctively agree with fascism because not everybody has been brainwashed into hating themselves

Really makes you think!

Bug lives matter!