Does Sup Forums actually discuss any movie released before 1980? All I see here are Reddit and normalfag memes...

Does Sup Forums actually discuss any movie released before 1980? All I see here are Reddit and normalfag memes. You dummies love to say "hurr durr its kino" but I never see any actual kino threads.

all the time, you just have to post something interesting. I don't see why it should be surprising that current stuff is going to dominate the conversation though

That's because shitskins run this board now.

No. This board is dominated by capeshit corporate shills, sneedposters, GOT normalfags and rick and mortyfags

kino is just german for cinema

This is what I was afraid of.

Hi,

in this Thread we are discussing now the works of Georges Melies. The french director war a true pioneer of the cinema. He made over onehundred movies, also he was the very first one who adapted Jules Verne's "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea".

So, dear Redditors, whats your favourite flick from your favourite french moviepioneer? Was it "The Impossible Voyage", "A Trip to the Moon" or another on of his movies?

Bump

no
that's why we need /film/

Is The Fountainhead worth watching? Wanna get into Rand kino

You realise most people here were born in or after 2000 right?

They don't even remember 9/11.

>remembering 9/11 now makes you old

Hell yes it is.

You'll need to watch it at least 5 times though.

and how might one acquire such masterpieces?

I was born in 96. It's genuinely tough for me to appreciate any movies made before 1980. The filtered sounding voices, the weird way they speak, the shrill fucking trumpets. Can't get into it.

About two years ago it did. Things are a little different now.

YouTube

Go play with your dad's pistol

So I'm watching the movie Barabbas the other day, a 1961 film directed by Richard Fleischer, and this scene really bothers me. It's a total solar eclipse during the crucifixion of our lord Jesus Christ, and all of Jerusalem is supposed to be pitch black. Yet clearly it isn't. The characters are insisting that they can't see, but clearly they can see because the audience can see that Jerusalem is somehow filled with light despite being ostensibly in the dark.

Is this a technical limitation of the times? In 1961, could they really not arrange for less lighting in the pitch black scene of a total solar eclipse?

You're gonna have to do better than that if you want to impress me, "any movie released before 1980".

Jokes on you. I'm black.

they didn't have eclipse glasses back then so everyone would watch it and go blind

millenials seem to have some type of dislike of stuff before the 80's, personally some of the best movies are from way before, pretty much anything with bogart and steve mcqueen is kino, much better than capeshit

did the police release it from the evidence locker yet?

I am by no means well educated on early cinema, but I watched A Trip to the Moon about a month ago and was seriously impressed by the kind of practical effects he managed to achieve. It's also remains funny.

No.. The joke was... The joke was I don't have a dad... Cause I'm.. Black.................

That's a completely different situation. But thanks for reminding me.

In the 1949 movie A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court (directed by Tay Garnett), after Bing Crosby traveled back in time to King Arthur's Court, why didn't Bing Crosby warn King Arthur and the other persons present not to look directly at the solar eclipse?

I don't think that I can watch any more movies from 1949 if they're going to feature this level of total disregard for public health and safety.

...because he's in jail...was his joke. I wouldn't believe you were actually black but you're so retarded I'm inclined to take your word for it

The Exorcist (1973, Friedkin) is my favorite kino right now.
Watched it Halloween night for the first time in years. Was my favorite film as a teen and I'm starting to remember why.

I'm still fascinated by the production and special effects, Linda Blair's performance, Mercedes McCambridge's voice performance, the thick, terrifying atmosphere, the controversy surrounding it for years to come, everything.

What a true kino.
Dare I say, perfect kino.

I love this interview,, it's so comfy

>”A Trip to the Moon”
How did you find this obscure cinema that wasn’t a top recommendation on netflix for months?

Im a cineast. I dont have netflix and I only watch european movies that are at least 60 years old.

Whats your favourite Abbas Kiarostami flick?

>tfw I tell people this and they think I'm joking

Name your ten favourite movies.

Sorry kid, but based Hiro banned /lbg/ and other netflix-recommended-tier garbage.
Better luck next time at reddit dot com

Who's Hiro? Your Daddys? OH SHEEEIIIT I BURNED DAT MOTHAFUGGER AYE NIGGAZ

>this is what's become of Sup Forums after the redditor invasion of 2014

>the weird way they speak
You mean without quips and pop-cultural references?

Her you go, this was from time before men were babies.

not getting the joke: the post

Just fucking start a thread with your movie of choice your dirty fucking /pol tard. No Rand posting either, it makes you you look like a 12 year old.

patrician

Highschoolers today can't even remember hurricane katrina let alone 9/11

see

Taxi Driver is essential Sup Forumscore

bump